Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

Oh also, one thing I was wondering that might spice things up compared to last time...what if votes were made private so you only find out how well you've done at the end?

Oh that'd be infuriating :LOL: But yeah, I guess!

Because that just makes things easier. If we're actually having a talent contest, it makes sense to judge everyone on the same thing. Plus, like I said, it eliminates people saying "Oh, I liek Plug in Baby for teh Max Bellz0r squealz so I'll vote for that one!"

But then we're fucked for the other bands round because there will almost certainly be people that don't wanna play the song picked.

The song favouritism is annoying but I prefer it the way Dom's suggesting it, only one song per round to choose from makes it a bit rigid

Guest Batman.
Oh also, one thing I was wondering that might spice things up compared to last time...what if votes were made private so you only find out how well you've done at the end?

I don't know, I like seeing who's voted for me so that I can throw my love at them

And srs, everyone's just repeating what I've said earlier on in the thread. I am the epitome of wisdom.

Another thing regarding that one song per round argument...last time it was bought up that some people who wanted to take part didn't just play guitar so we should make sure the choices accommodated both guitar and piano (since bass and vocals pretty much fall under any Muse song).

Rather than trying to pick out songs that have enough piano and guitar parts to keep everyone happy it's just easier to allow people to pick any song from the selected albums (at least in round 1 and 3)

Round 1: Newton Abbot/Showbiz/OoS

Round 2: Any non Muse song

Round 3. Any Absolution/BHaR/TR

Final: Any Live/B-Side

email your cover to independent adjudacator before closing date, songs put up, 1 week of voting, anonymous winrars notified and progress to the next round, where they will be given 2 weeks to prepare/submit for the next round.

Seems legit?

Guest Batman.

email your cover to independent adjudacator before closing date, songs put up, 1 week of voting, anonymous winrars notified and progress to the next round, where they will be given 2 weeks to prepare/submit for the next round.

Seems legit?

Yeah but not really liking the final to be honest, doesn't seem massive enough - I think we should have to do all three parts of Exogenesis for the final :LOL:

And fuck knockouts, I wanna compete in more than one round thanks

So pretty much any Muse song ... ever

Many of the live versions are different to the studio ones.

So now it's knockout?

Generally, when you have one round onto the next, it makes it a knockout? do you not watch sport? Alternatively, we can do an accumulator, where you carry votes as points through to the next round.

Generally, when you have one round onto the next, it makes it a knockout? do you not watch sport? Alternatively, we can do an accumulator, where you carry votes as points through to the next round.

Well last time I kept track of the votes from each round. Then worked out the %age share of votes each contestant got from each round, and worked out the total from there and it seemed to work out

thats essentially how an accumulator works, except thats done through % rather than pts. Points is easier, cos you don't have to work anything out.

I'm not saying it isn't. The %ages are better though, or at least last time they were because last time we were experimenting with letting people have one vote or multiple votes, so to make each round fair rather than the actual number of votes we calculated it from the % share

Posted earlier but this is what I did last time

JJ3gD.png

Seems legit?

Why can't we just keep the idea Dom had and do it the same way as last time, but anon Soundcloud postings instead of videos?

Oh ffs, didn't even read the paragraph properly :facepalm: Why anon winners too? Could at least have the winner of each round announced.

And knockout is ridiculous :LOL:

Seems legit?

No way. I vote Dom's idea. Also, should be public anon voting.

POLL FOR WHO'S IDEA

Guest Batman.
Perhaps he should get that name change he's been oh so craving for and go for "Fat Cat"

:LOL:

Neil's ideas for rounds 1, 2, and 3, and Dom's ideas for everything else (System, final, etc)

:LOL:

Neil's ideas for rounds 1, 2, and 3, and Dom's ideas for everything else (System, final, etc)

To be honest, apart from the final, me and Neil's ideas were pretty similar, just with Abso switched around (when I say Showbiz I mean Showbiz era so that'd include earlier stuff, just like OoS era includes Hullabaloo)

Y'all are all retarded

You're a cunt

Guest Batman.
To be honest, apart from the final, me and Neil's ideas were pretty similar, just with Abso switched around (when I say Showbiz I mean Showbiz era so that'd include earlier stuff, just like OoS era includes Hullabaloo)

You're a cunt

Didn't Neil want knockout?

Didn't Neil want knockout?

Oh yeah! I meant the actual rounds though!

So, just to clarify, the general consensus seems to be

Round 1: Any Muse cover from the Showbiz, OoS or Absolution eras (that includes any b-sides)

Round 2: Any non Muse cover, go crazy

Round 3: Any Muse cover from BH&R or TR era (or new single it it's out in time)

Round 4: Predetermined 'hard' Muse songs

Would people rather Abso be in round 3 or is that alright?

As for the final round, should we decide on the hardest song from each album to put into the final round?

Archived