Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

I think the anon entries was definitely a good idea, it was only really the communication that let things down a bit (i.e not knowing how everyone did now and not being able to just post in the thread if one gets missed off the list etc). To be honest I probably wouldn't have entered if it hadn't been anon for the sort of reasons other people have addressed. I'd definitely agree that slimming the rounds down to 3 would be a good idea as this one seemed to suddenly drop off at round 4.

I reckon the winter one should be two rounds

Round 1: Muse (any song? Preferably ones you haven't done before)

Round 2: any band, any song, like round 2 from this summers one

Anon thing will be fine, just not Neil cos he doesn't wanna do it, and larry did one apart from he needs to let us know the results! Unless the winter one is videos again, in which case anon will obv be impossible

I don't mind admitting that whilst it was really great getting lots of votes at the start, and I'm very grateful to anyone that did vote for my entries, it did start to get a bit dull when the contest started to get a bit one-sided. With that in mind, providing I've got the spare time, I don't mind volunteering to handle some of the admin type aspects of the contest and not entering anything.

I think that Dom should organise it, sorry longan, maybe you should step down.

How about no. Just because everyone doesn't always agree with me doesn't mean I should "step down". I give ideas and some of them people like and some of them people don't, that's human nature. Dom and I have been organising these from the start and generally people seem to like how we organise things. Most of the time the reason things don't work out how we plan them is because of external factors. I like organising these contests and I will continue to do so with Dom and with the advice of everyone on here.

How about no. Just because everyone doesn't always agree with me doesn't mean I should "step down". I give ideas and some of them people like and some of them people don't, that's human nature. Dom and I have been organising these from the start and generally people seem to like how we organise things. Most of the time the reason things don't work out how we plan them is because of external factors. I like organising these contests and I will continue to do so with Dom and with the advice of everyone on here.

:srsb33f::srsb33f::srsb33f:

If anything I would prefer something less individual, if possible a group vs group contest. Might be a bit more motivating and might make for more creativity.

That would be interesting, how would it work though? Like, do you get a few musicians to come together and make a cover together (which would be difficult since we have millions of guitarists and few others) or just like, split into teams, whichever team gets the most votes?

You make a few teams which will more or less stay the same for all rounds (depending on who can join in what round). Then they record a cover which will be joined over the internet (Like the K&T collaborations in the past).

Missing instruments can be done by MIDI (we don't have many drummers), vocals can be done by another guitar for example.

You make a few teams which will more or less stay the same for all rounds (depending on who can join in what round). Then they record a cover which will be joined over the internet (Like the K&T collaborations in the past).

Missing instruments can be done by MIDI (we don't have many drummers), vocals can be done by another guitar for example.

wouldn't that limit the originality? (like someone from the team wanna do an acoustic cover, the other guy a straight cover version, the third one a bleepy bloop version etc. and then they would have to agree on some middle of the road unoriginal version)

also there were huge differences between recording methods and sound quality, tracks consisting of iphone mic recordings for vocals and proper recordings for guitars (or any other combination of instruments and quality) would sound weird

edit: yeah and fuck other people also

Archived