Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

Guest Batman.
Then this board is retarded...

If you say so :LOL:

And I personally think we should concentrate on songs that have decent backing tracks in existence!

This one should be called "The Voice: KnT" as it's all about the music not 'the look'.

Also, MK ULTRA.

And Biffy Clyro, for sure.

Not a big fan of QOTSA, wouldn't be up for doing a cover of them.

Neil, I dont like that plan with Only Showbiz songs and Bsides.

Well if we did Round 2 like I said then you'd be able to choose from the four bands.

We decided on those four being Foos, Biffy, QOTSA and TCV?

And yeah I don't massively like that idea either.

Well if we did Round 2 like I said then you'd be able to choose from the four bands.

We decided on those four being Foos, Biffy, QOTSA and TCV?

And yeah I don't massively like that idea either.

I think the idea of this round 2 where you have to choose from 4 bands is bullshit. If we're gonna do a multiple band round then just let anyone cover whatever they want. Simple?

Guest Batman.
I think the idea of this round 2 where you have to choose from 4 bands is bullshit. If we're gonna do a multiple band round then just let anyone cover whatever they want. Simple?

Thankyou

Could do! But then wouldn't it be a little harder to judge them seperately, if they're all different covers?

Maybe if we chose one or two songs per each band. Bit complicated I guess.

This. I vote Dominic organises all of it and no one argues with our wonderful righteous leader.

We're complicating it too much as well

Could do! But then wouldn't it be a little harder to judge them seperately, if they're all different covers?

Maybe if we chose one or two songs per each band. Bit complicated I guess.

Surely we can judge whether a cover is good or not regardless?

And yes, that is complicating it.

I sent a pm to Longan with suggestions, taking note of stuff that has been said in this thread. I suggested:

Round 1: Any Muse cover from Showbiz, OoS and Absolution eras

Round 2: Cover from any band. Chance to show off your playing with whatever song you feel is your strongest, regardless of whatever band

Round 3: Any Muse cover from BH&R or TR (or the new single if it's out in time)

Round 4: Predetermined Muse songs, so the only one where you actually have a fixed choice of songs. Obviously these songs would have to be left out of previous rounds

Any improvements? I'm not 100% on the last round

I sent a pm to Longan with suggestions, taking note of stuff that has been said in this thread. I suggested:

Round 2: Cover from any band. Chance to show off your playing with whatever song you feel is your strongest, regardless of whatever band

Round 4: Predetermined Muse songs, so the only one where you actually have a fixed choice of songs. Obviously these songs would have to be left out of previous rounds

Fair enough!

And yeah this sounds good, although obviously I think the last round should be the hardest Muse songs

Guest Batman.
Fair enough!

Y NO FAIR ENOUGH WEN I SAY IT, Y MY OPINYON NO VALUD

Yeah I like what Dom just said, and like Will I also think the last round should be the hardest songs.

Yeah :) I too think that the last round should have the hardest Muse song...

Exo-Politics :pope:

but what if you choose one of the hardest songs for the previous rounds?

That was why I wasn't 100% about it. I guess we'd have to decide beforehand and rule them out of previous rounds. If anyone wanted to cover it in that round then tough luck I guess, they'll have to cover another one

As I said I'm not 100% about that so any suggestions as to how to improve it are welcome

Y NO FAIR ENOUGH WEN I SAY IT, Y MY OPINYON NO VALUD

Yeah I like what Dom just said, and like Will I also think the last round should be the hardest songs.

yolo? And also, you're not the one with me in your av :phu:

I SEE YOU POIROT

Yes, you.

Shneaaaky

All rounds should be where everyone does the same song.

Why?

but what if you choose one of the hardest songs for the previous rounds?

Not if the songs were already chosen beforehand

Guest Batman.
yolo? And also, you're not the one with me in your av :phu:

But you clearly are? Unless it was some other wanker pretending to be Matt Bellamy at Leeds fest? D:

Would people be more comfortable with NeilDOT receiving and uploading the covers? I made a Soundcloud account (username kittenfactor) for this and can send him deets if he wants to do it

Yeah, it's just more impartial really, no bias or anything

Because that just makes things easier. If we're actually having a talent contest, it makes sense to judge everyone on the same thing. Plus, like I said, it eliminates people saying "Oh, I liek Plug in Baby for teh Max Bellz0r squealz so I'll vote for that one!"

Not everyone on here is as retarded as Jamie that. I really don't think it's something to worry about much. Do people post stuff in the Awesome Cover Thread purely because they like the song? No, they post it because it's caught their attention and the playing is outstanding. I'd like to hope we can trust people enough not to be a cocktard when voting

Archived