Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

Not sure if we should go outside Muse - at least we know everyone here likes them :LOL:

I fucking hate Muse.

Also, there must be Biffy... and I think the final round should be a fairly unheard of song that has no tabs on the internet so that we get a chance to see peoples interpretation skills

One Direction covers :pope:

Seriously. Here are some thoughts based on the last one:

1. Definitely do an anonymous Soundcloud entry system. Eliminates stupidity and favoritism

2. Someone else brought up the issue of "I like this song better, so I'll vote for that person." I know everyone likes their freedom (except North Koreans), but why not have everyone do the same song per round so it's actually a fair comparison? If we're eliminating the favoritism factor of videos, let's also eliminate the favoritism factor based on song choice.

3. I like the idea of bringing in more variety in band choices. Maybe some Foo Fighters or Biffy? They seem to be big, plus I'd enjoy voting on some The Captain covers :awesome:

One Direction covers :pope:

Seriously. Here are some thoughts based on the last one:

1. Definitely do an anonymous Soundcloud entry system. Eliminates stupidity and favoritism

2. Someone else brought up the issue of "I like this song better, so I'll vote for that person." I know everyone likes their freedom (except North Koreans), but why not have everyone do the same song per round so it's actually a fair comparison? If we're eliminating the favoritism factor of videos, let's also eliminate the favoritism factor based on song choice.

3. I like the idea of bringing in more variety in band choices. Maybe some Foo Fighters or Biffy? They seem to be big, plus I'd enjoy voting on some The Captain covers :awesome:

Was just gonna mention this, there could easily be favouritism if someone likes a song more.

Personally I think there should be a choice of 4 other bands apart from mooz, Foos/Biffy/QOTSA/TCV

Or replace one of them with Radiohead. TCV I honestly think should be there, they've got some challenging stuff and there's loads of room for improv, it'd be a good way to show off skillz

Guest Batman.
Personally I think there should be a choice of 4 other bands apart from mooz, Foos/Biffy/QOTSA/TCV

Or replace one of them with Radiohead. TCV I honestly think should be there, they've got some challenging stuff and there's loads of room for improv, it'd be a good way to show off skillz

I don't know, I reckon we should have a set choice for a Muse song, and then be able to choose our own song from another band. And yes I know that it may encourage favouritism based on song choice, but it'd be much less restrictive, and we could always just encourage people to vote based on the skill of the cover, not the song.

I don't know, I reckon we should have a set choice for a Muse song, and then be able to choose our own song from another band. And yes I know that it may encourage favouritism based on song choice, but it'd be much less restrictive, and we could always just encourage people to vote based on the skill of the cover, not the song.

But choosing our own would open up a huge can of worms, most people would have different stuff so it'd just be harder to vote. I like the idea of a set Muse choice and a set other band choice per round.

But we need to find a way to make people vote purely for the playing/singing and not because of the songs...

But we need to find a way to make people vote purely for the playing/singing and not because of the songs...

Just have a single song each round - and say that we have 6 rounds? 3 Muse, 3 other bands, alternate each week :) Then they would have to vote based on the playing/singing

You could even have a "free" round where people can do any song they want, if they think that they weren't able to do a song that they wanted - just incase

Guest Batman.
But choosing our own would open up a huge can of worms, most people would have different stuff so it'd just be harder to vote. I like the idea of a set Muse choice and a set other band choice per round.

But not choosing our own would open up a small can of bears, if you will. Because some people here don't listen to or particularly like TCV or QOTSA etc

E.G. ME

We just vote don't we? :erm: You should be the Soundcloud poster!

Yeah use soundcloud. All entries uploaded as user1 /user 2 etc. no names

I could be the soundcloud poster. Something like people email me their entries, and I post up the files.

Should we have some sort of a constant for everyone, like a drumtrack?

I could be the soundcloud poster. Something like people email me their entries, and I post up the files.

Should we have some sort of a constant for everyone, like a drumtrack?

I wouldn't know about the Drum Track - People might be able to come up with different arrangements of a song :)

But we should see what everyone else says

But not choosing our own would open up a small can of bears, if you will. Because some people here don't listen to or particularly like TCV or QOTSA etc

E.G. ME

Well true, but I don't massively like Biffy, I'd still be up for doing it, if it was just a round or two

Guest Batman.
Well true, but I don't massively like Biffy, I'd still be up for doing it, if it was just a round or two

Well same, I'm just saying though - doing songs of bands that we don't even like just takes all the fun out of it, and makes it dull.

Well same, I'm just saying though - doing songs of bands that we don't even like just takes all the fun out of it, and makes it dull.

Yeah that's a good point. But if we had the choice of Muse or another band per round you could just do the Muse choice..

Archived