Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

WHOA LONGAN IS WHIZZING AHEAD WITHOUT ME THE BASTARD

Could be a better option to keep it fair. For example Dom won the first round because of his *cough*On-screen antics. An anon. soundcloud method could make it just about the mooik

Oi, the only round I won was the last one

Suggestion:

Round 1 - Any track from Showbiz

Round 2 - Any track from Newton Abbott

Round 3 - Any track by a selection of bands (Biffy, Foos, QOTSA, Dead Weather)

Round 4 - ?????

Final - PROFIT!!!

Actually yeah! 'cept Round 2 should be live instead

Maybe if you're going to do songs outside of Muse, choose ones that don't involve guitar, could be interesting to see people's individual takes on songs?

But if guitar's the only instrument you can play well... wouldn't that mean a whole lot of shite covers? :LOL:

We could do full covers perhaps!

Guest Batman.
Yeah that's a good point. But if we had the choice of Muse or another band per round you could just do the Muse choice..

Oh yeah forgot about that :LOL:

I don't know, I reckon we should have a set choice for a Muse song, and then be able to choose our own song from another band. And yes I know that it may encourage favouritism based on song choice, but it'd be much less restrictive, and we could always just encourage people to vote based on the skill of the cover, not the song.

Because that works :rolleyes:

I like Neil's idea. Maybe something like this?

Round 1: Muse, any song from Showbiz, or maybe OoS or Abso

Round 2: Other band, choice of Foos/Biffy/QOTSA/TCV

Round 3: Muse again, any track from another album

Round 4: The toughest Muse songs, so you can't choose, they're already set beforehand

Means we can choose for the most part and do what we want to, but then by the end it's pretty tricky.

All we'd have to do for the first and third rounds is take off the songs that have already been decided for Round 4

I like Neil's idea. Maybe something like this?

Round 1: Muse, any song from Showbiz, or maybe OoS or Abso

Round 2: Other band, choice of Foos/Biffy/QOTSA/TCV

Round 3: Muse again, any track from another album

Round 4: The toughest Muse songs, so you can't choose, they're already set beforehand

Means we can choose for the most part and do what we want to, but then by the end it's pretty tricky.

All we'd have to do for the first and third rounds is take off the songs that have already been decided for Round 4

I like this Idea :) I'm looking forward to this more than I should :LOL:

Guest Batman.
Wait what?

Seriously what the fuck is going on with all this shit now

Well he isn't entering and I think he said at some point in the thread that he'd be up for doing the soundcloud and stuff

I've the time to do so. Ok, so how about this:

Round 1: Wintage Muse

Any song from either the Newton Abbot Demo OR Showbiz. It doesn't have to be an identical cover, feel free to use your own creativity with it, including your own take on solos or riffs, use of different instruments, or even a totally different style! Jazz version of Sober seems legit!

Round 2: The Live B-Sides

Any Muse B Side that was played live. It's a bit more restricted list, but many of the B Sides that were played live were unreal!

Round 3: The Other Bands

I'll draw up a list of 10 songs by non-Muse bands.

Final: Any Live Muse Song

Cover of a live version of any muse song.

For prizes, I'll ask Niall if we can arrange an coloured (colored) undertitle for the winrar.

Well he isn't entering and I think he said at some point in the thread that he'd be up for doing the soundcloud and stuff

I already had a soundcloud set up and stuff :LOL: I dunno, I'm halfway through a pm to Longan with rules and stuff so I'll wait and see his response since he started it allish

Guest Batman.
I already had a soundcloud set up and stuff :LOL: I dunno, I'm halfway through a pm to Longan with rules and stuff so I'll wait and see his response since he started it allish

WHAT HAVE I DONE

Well bitches I don't even know what the fuck is happening with all this fuckery now

do you think it's such a good idea for you two to oversee if if you intend on entering too? o.O

There is this too

I've the time to do so. Ok, so how about this:

Round 1: Wintage Muse

Any song from either the Newton Abbot Demo OR Showbiz. It doesn't have to be an identical cover, feel free to use your own creativity with it, including your own take on solos or riffs, use of different instruments, or even a totally different style! Jazz version of Sober seems legit!

Round 2: The Live B-Sides

Any Muse B Side that was played live. It's a bit more restricted list, but many of the B Sides that were played live were unreal!

Round 3: The Other Bands

I'll draw up a list of 10 songs by non-Muse bands.

Final: Any Live Muse Song

Cover of a live version of any muse song.

For prizes, I'll ask Niall if we can arrange an coloured (colored) undertitle for the winrar.

Am I the only one that doesn't really want to do B-sides? Or the Newton Abbot demos :erm:

Also, I thought for round 2 we could choose two songs from each of those four bands, to choose from. Limits it slightly.

do you think it's such a good idea for you two to oversee if if you intend on entering too? o.O

Has anyone got a problem with how it went last time? The only problem I found with it was when some people made the thread with voting set to anonymous so anyone could vote for anyone including themselves and you had to rely on them being honest. Long as it's public voting I don't see any problem

But if anyone has a problem fine

Has anyone got a problem with how it went last time? The only problem I found with it was when some people made the thread with voting set to anonymous so anyone could vote for anyone including themselves and you had to rely on them being honest. Long as it's public voting I don't see any problem

But if anyone has a problem fine

Really, it should be anonymous Soundcloud posting, with public voting.

This one should be called "The Voice: KnT" as it's all about the music not 'the look'.

Also, MK ULTRA.

And Biffy Clyro, for sure.

Not a big fan of QOTSA, wouldn't be up for doing a cover of them.

Neil, I dont like that plan with Only Showbiz songs and Bsides.

Archived