Kitten Tab Factor 2012: Sunburn Summer edition

Dave.

Rules and Rounds

Read carefully before entering!!

Round 1: Muse round, any song from the Showbiz, OoS or Absolution eras (This includes Hullabaloo)

Round 2: A cover of any song by any band. Consider it an opportunity to really show off your playing with the song you are most confident with.

Round 3: Muse round, any song from BH&R, TR and The 2nd Law

Round 4:What is considered to be the most difficult song off each album (Choose one):

Showbiz

Citizen Erased

In Your World

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Knights of Cydonia

Unnatural Selection

Round 1: 30th of July

Round 2: 6th of August

Round 3: 13th of August

Round 4: 20th of August

Audio Only entries.

Entries are to be sent to kittentabfactor2012-summer@hotmail.co.uk and he will post these to a soundcloud account.

Entries are anonymous.

If you figure out who any entry is by keep it to yourself, do not post it or tell people who it is. This would ruin the anonymity for the entries. Anyone who does post the entrants name will have themselves disqualified for that round, doing it twice and you will be disqualified for the rest of the competition.

Voting will be public so we know you aren't voting for yourself. (Sneaking bastards :ninja:)

One vote per person.

No spamming looking for votes just like last time. By all means share the link and ask people to check out all the covers but no asking for votes.

One thread for each round.

Any instrument (guitar, bass, piano, vocals etc.)

Only enter if you are okay for people to discuss your cover/playing/technique with any positive or negative feedback. Any abuse to members about their covers though is NOT acceptable.

Multi-tracking is allowed but only if you can't do it in one take. Its allowed in a case where you have to play two or more instruments on the one track but not for multi-tracking the same part for effect.In short, if you can't do it live (i.e one take) then multi-tracking is allowed except for covering mistakes

Entries must be in before the voting thread is opened.

If you wish to skip a week you will not receive any votes for that given week.

No previously made tracks.

No copyright infringement.

Please don't take this too seriously, its all a bit of fun in the end.

Good Luck and may the odds be ever in your favour ;)

Nice one :awesome:

Agree that it should be done on Soundcloud anon this time

Could be a better option to keep it fair. For example Dom won the first round because of his *cough*On-screen antics. An anon. soundcloud method could make it just about the mooik

Could be a better option to keep it fair. For example Dom won the first round because of his *cough*On-screen antics. An anon. soundcloud method could make it just about the mooik

Yeah exactly! That was stupidly funny, but I reckon it should be about the playing... this time anyway, we can do video again for the Christmas one maybe?

Yeah exactly! That was stupidly funny, but I reckon it should be about the playing... this time anyway, we can do video again for the Christmas one maybe?

Sure, the videos were funny and made it entertaining, I think the christmas contest will be included in the messageboard awards again this year but don't quote me on it;)

Sure, the videos were funny and made it entertaining, I think the christmas contest will be included in the messageboard awards again this year but don't quote me on it;)

It should be, was last year! It is way fairer the Soundcloud way though

I'd be up for doing it on Soundcloud... Mainly because I don't have a Camera :LOL:

:LOL: A few people had that problem!

We should do Assassin.

I think we shouldn't try to make the contest as big as last time. This one is only a sort of warm-up for chirstmas and it could introduce a bit of beef into the contest, also since the entries are anon. should we make the voting anon too?

I think we shouldn't try to make the contest as big as last time. This one is only a sort of warm-up for chirstmas and it could introduce a bit of beef into the contest, also since the entries are anon. should we make the voting anon too?

Why not? Wasn't too big last time, after the start it was fun! And nah, I think voting should stay open

Guest Batman.
I'd be up for doing it on Soundcloud... Mainly because I don't have a Camera :LOL:

Same! Well, I have a camera ish.. but it can't really record sound very well, and it makes everything ridiculously out of sync :LOL:

But yeah, anonymous soundcloud sounds alright! Are we choosing our own songs this time?

Same! Well, I have a camera ish.. but it can't really record sound very well, and it makes everything ridiculously out of sync :LOL:

But yeah, anonymous soundcloud sounds alright! Are we choosing our own songs this time?

Its not really much of a contest then, more of a "Oh, I like that song choice better than that one" thing. We'll make song choices more open this time, even possibly going outside Muse.

Its not really much of a contest then, more of a "Oh, I like that song choice better than that one" thing. We'll make song choices more open this time, even possibly going outside Muse.

That would be good... but I dunno, that could get really tricky to manage :LOL: Maybe if we chose a few songs from say 3-4 other bands and then voted them in along with the Muse tracks

Guest Batman.

Not sure if we should go outside Muse - at least we know everyone here likes them :LOL:

That would be good... but I dunno, that could get really tricky to manage :LOL: Maybe if we chose a few songs from say 3-4 other bands and then voted them in along with the Muse tracks

Well we have over a month to decide anyway.

Perhaps something like one Muse song and one 'other artist' song say:

Round 2:

Fury or No one Knows

yesyesyes

Just because I want to do No One Knows so bad :LOL:

But obviously we have to take other instruments into account again

Archived