Is Matt lazy live with his vocals?

Nipso

Yes, but it's still true.

:LOL:

Range that he can use in a live setting: Bb2-B4(-C6)

Total range: F#2-B4(-C6)

neither of those are very special in terms of range. He's still a great singer though.

no, that is far from the best, but it's not exactly bad either. Ah well, as you yourself said, he's still a fantastic singer

no, that is far from the best, but it's not exactly bad either. Ah well, as you yourself said, he's still a fantastic singer

Well, worse than the singers from 30 Seconds to Mars, Radiohead, Panic At The Disco, Foo Fighters and Placebo :awesome:

From the post you quoted, it could've been interpreted as either worse singer than singers of those bands or worse range.

Oh thank god, I was worried that this would turn into yet another:

"Matt has an amazing range"

"No he doesn't"

"Well he's an amazing singer, RANGE ISN'T EVERYTHING"

Oh thank god, I was worried that this would turn into yet another:

"Matt has an amazing range"

"No he doesn't"

"Well he's an amazing singer, RANGE ISN'T EVERYTHING"

Nah, no worries. Btw, anyone else really annoyed that Jared Leto actually is rarely singing anymore? Disappointed me alot when I saw them seeing he was more into making the crowd sing along than singing himself. Shame since he sounds really good at times when he actually does.

Please read at least the first pages of the thread before making silly statements pretending that you know what the discussion is about.

We're not idiots.

I was answering the thread, not yours or anyone else's posts in particular. I'm sorry I don't have the time to read the whole bloody board. If I do, will I be allowed to have an opinion then?

I can't understand how they would opt for laziness when surely they are going to want to put on the best show they can? I was simply saying it is most likely due to the strain of rehearsing and touring. But i'm sorry, you obviously know when they rehearse and what toothpaste they use.

Two hour sets? Really? That's not what I've been led to understand.

I think people are wondering too, what's up with the forced "deep sound". You'd think if he was going to go "all out", he'd have done it at Reading. It was the last show for a very long time. He had Chris do the chorus for Hyper Music! :erm:

Sometimes. They've played for nearly 2 hours when i've seen them. Shit I must have been lying, sorry.

I was answering the thread, not yours or anyone else's posts in particular. I'm sorry I don't have the time to read the whole bloody board. If I do, will I be allowed to have an opinion then?

I can't understand how they would opt for laziness when surely they are going to want to put on the best show they can? I was simply saying it is most likely due to the strain of rehearsing and touring. But i'm sorry, you obviously know when they rehearse and what toothpaste they use.

Once again, read my posts before you try to give me sarcasm :)

And also, Muse never play 2 hour gigs unless it's VERY special occasions. They usually played like 15-17 songs per gig. So now, tell me how that works if they want to give the best show they can :)

[/Quote]

Okay, since you're obviously too lazy to read 5-6 pages before giving me attitude for things that you just assume that I'm making up, here's a small collection of posts that I found within a few minutes :)

I got quite bored of this argument yesterday, so I'll just summarize:

1. Matt avoids lots of high notes and difficult passages.

2. These notes are all definitely within his range. Matt has not lost any chest range.

3. Matt did some of these notes just a year ago, but now he doesn't(Resistance)

4. Pretty much all the difficult songs have been dropped.

5. Matt is Matt.

Well he has done pretty much all of these notes SOMETIME live, so he obviously can play and sing them at the same time. If it being a bit difficult is the reason for not doing them now, then that IS laziness.

And If he was concerned about conserving his voice, he wouldn't belt out B4s AFTER the songs that he had just skipped a G4 in.

And if he's just scared of failing, why would it come so sudden when he had done it perfectly well when he did it just a few months ago?

What? When did I even imply that? :p

I'm saying that a sustained B4 on several occasions in the last year is enough to believe that he can sing an A4 :) And no, I don't expect him to do the SFA or CoD notes, because they ARE hard for him.

But backing out on the G#4 in RBS or even the G4 in Resistance is just lazy.

I've already covered this.

If he's tired, why would he sustain great B4s straight AFTER the songs? Shouldn't that be enough proof that he's not tired?

And the notes I'm talking about have been done live loads of times. And the G4 in Resistance was done for pretty much the whole tour, and I never heard him fail it, not even close. Still he chose to start avoiding it one day and then continued to do so. What is that if not laziness :)

But fine, I'll repeat myself AGAIN.

If he wants to save his voice, why belt out even harder notes AFTER the songs than the ones he avoids in songs?

Matt's technique has become a lot better. Sure his voice has lowered a bit, but he has also learned how to reach those high notes with much more ease. People talk about how he struggles so much for the high falsetto notes nowadays, but have people actually looked at the Showbiz-era performances in a while? It's almost painful to watch Matt going for those high notes.

And what exactly do you mean by head resonant? I agree that the time he does it is a minority(Even though he still does it a lot), but that doesn't mean that he can't do it. It's not like he struggles to reach notes above E4.

And if you mean head in the sense of head voice, then Matt never uses that except for his falsetto notes anyway. And he didn't back in the early days either.

No one is expecting him to sing these songs, which you would have known if you just read the earlier pots in this not very long thread :)

I do try to sing as Matt quite a lot actually :) And no one has said that it's easy for him. Matt definitely has to put in an effort for notes F#4 and above, but that doesn't mean he has a reason to stop doing them. Just because they're not easy doesn't mean that they're hurting his voice. Matt did a LOT more hurtful and straining stuff constantly in the early days, and it never had any real big impact on his voice.

Try "Probably just a result of being lazy". A big reason to why his voice keeps very low is because he uses a very hard technique for high notes live. But considering that he uses the right one in studio, it just makes no sense tbh.

Sometimes. They've played for nearly 2 hours when i've seen them. Shit I must have been lying, sorry.

Shit son, it's Problemfanatique! I used to see your posts all the time when I first joined the board

/nostalgia

Least I think it was you

Shit son, it's Problemfanatique! I used to see your posts all the time when I first joined the board

/nostalgia

Least I think it was you

It probably was, I recognise your username :)

Okay, since you're obviously too lazy to read 5-6 pages before giving me attitude for things that you just assume that I'm making up, here's a small collection of posts that I found within a few minutes :)

The only thing i've assumed is that you have too much time on your hands. You couldn't possibly know the real reason as to why he avoids certain notes sometimes, so what a useless discussion this is.

Once again, read my posts before you try to give me sarcasm :)

And also, Muse never play 2 hour gigs unless it's VERY special occasions. They usually played like 15-17 songs per gig. So now, tell me how that works if they want to give the best show they can :)

Hence i said sometimes. It's quite laughable how much you obviously love an argument.

The only thing i've assumed is that you have too much time on your hands. You couldn't possibly know the real reason as to why he avoids certain notes sometimes, so what a useless discussion this is.

It's quite obviously a combination of laziness and stupidity. Why are you trying to defend Matt so much? :rolleyes:

Please then, give me anther logic reason to why he avoids the notes.

If it's not because he can't hit them and not because he wants to save his voice, what other reason could there be?

It's quite obviously a combination of laziness and stupidity. Why are you trying to defend Matt so much? :rolleyes:

Oh please. I just think it's probably a combination of his voice tiring and him worrying he'll strain on the note. If not, he's probably singing it different for the sake of variation. Or hell, it might just be because he's lazy. I'm just thinking about it from a musician's point of view.

Please then, give me anther logic reason to why he avoids the notes.

If it's not because he can't hit them and not because he wants to save his voice, what other reason could there be?

When did I say that it's not because he wants to save his voice? That was my opinion in the first place.

Oh, now I know why I stopped posting here. This section of the board is obsessive and creepy.

When did I say that it's not because he wants to save his voice? That was my opinion in the first place.

Oh, now I know why I stopped posting here. This section of the board is obsessive and creepy.

I see you still haven't read my posts...

If he wanted to save his voice, he wouldn't belt out B4s AFTER the songs, B4s that are much harder than the notes he avoids in the songs.

So basically, he's an idiot who's afraid to fail.

I'm just thinking about it from a musician's point of view.
So am I, but I actually use actual proof to back up my statements, and I mostly do it without getting on a high horse about it, unlike other people.

EDIT: Oh and, isn't it a great coincidence that he would variate EXACTLY the notes that he finds hard, but not the others. One might even think that there was some reason to why it's only the high notes that gets this "variation"...

Oh please. I just think it's probably a combination of his voice tiring and him worrying he'll strain on the note. If not, he's probably singing it different for the sake of variation. Or hell, it might just be because he's lazy. I'm just thinking about it from a musician's point of view.

If he's worried he'd strain a note he wouldn't belt B4's after songs (a fact that has appeared many times in this thread, if you had read it).

As for variation? Yeah you're totally right, not doing that last note on Resistance definitely keeps me entertained and looks like it's stopping him from being bored too.

No it's not. Many of the people who post in this section simply enjoy intelligent and fact based discussion. All of the points Sippe brings up are 100% valid. There's nothing "creepy" or obsessive about it.

All you need to do is to look at facts and be more analytical about those facts. :)

I see you still haven't read my posts...

If he wanted to save his voice, he wouldn't belt out B4s AFTER the songs, B4s that are much harder than the notes he avoids in the songs.

So basically, he's an idiot who's afraid to fail.

I read your posts ages ago.

If he's an idiot what are you doing on here discussing everything he does? Bit sad, don't you think?

So am I, but I actually use actual proof to back up my statements, and I mostly do it without getting on a high horse about it, unlike other people.

EDIT: Oh and, isn't it a great coincidence that he would variate EXACTLY the notes that he finds hard, but not the others. One might even think that there was some reason to why it's only the high notes that gets this "variation"...

The reason i got angry about this in the first place was because you got on a high horse and started trampling my opinion.

You haven't quoted any proof to me at all. What are you arguing about again? i fail to see any significance in all of this.

I read your posts ages ago.

Then how do you fail to realise that saving his voice isn't a logic reason?

If he's an idiot what are you doing on here discussing everything he does? Bit sad, don't you think?

lol

The reason i got angry about this in the first place was because you got on a high horse and started trampling my opinion.

Your opinion being ":facepalm: It's not laziness.", yeah wonder why that got you a negative response...

You haven't quoted any proof to me at all. What are you arguing about again? i fail to see any significance in all of this.

For real? You have some serious reading problems.

If he does it to save his voice, why hit harder notes after the songs? If you want proof, look here

and here
and here
All of these are much higher/harder than the note he avoids in Resistance.

Archived