Is Matt lazy live with his vocals?

Nipso

He's even passed on the harder notes that are impossible to avoid onto Chris... Dead Star, Hyper Music, even SMBH.

I don't blame him for that though. They are REALLY hard notes for him, especially Dead Star. And it would be weird NOT to give Chris the Dead Star notes, since they're more of backing vocals anyway.

I would love to see Matt do the SMBH screams again though. They're falsetto and not very hard. It just has to be some gritty falsetto with effects on them. But I think he'd rather just mess around on the guitar :(

Good that we've got someone with all the correct answers here. So, based on exactly what do you draw those conclusions?

Muse has always called themselves primarily a "live band". When they record, of course they're going to take under consideration how the songs they intend to perform live are going to translate under that circumstance. :stunned:

He usually did it in falsetto though iirc.

Usually. Hullabaloo is in chest though. My point being it's something he's not doing any more. Whether it's cos he realised they're backing vocals or laziness is... well, up for discussion.

Muse has always called themselves primarily a "live band". When they record, of course they're going to take under consideration how the songs they intend to perform live are going to translate under that circumstance. :stunned:

I'm pretty sure a "and in worst case I'll just do it in falsetto" isn't out of the question ;)

I'm pretty sure a "and in worst case I'll just do it in falsetto" isn't out of the question ;)

Yea -- makes me wonder what he's going to do on this next album. Will he write all his parts to be easy so he doesn't have to choose whether or not to wimp out on anything....? :stunned:

It seems either Firefox or Mac doesn't let you do that :LOL:

I'm on firefox. Full URL pops up at the bottom.

Or you could open in a new tab and see it.

Serious struggling with Hyper Music and high notes in Feeling Good aswell at that gig. Good example for those who thinks the high chest-voice notes came easy for Matt back in the days.

I did notice a lot of struggling in the earlier days.

Serious struggling with Hyper Music and high notes in Feeling Good aswell at that gig. Good example for those who thinks the high chest-voice notes came easy for Matt back in the days.

Nothing came easy for him back then. He struggled a lot for the falsetto notes too in a lot of cases, which people don't seem to realise.

It's almost painful to watch some performances where he's straining so much for notes that he hits with more much ease nowadays.

Archived