Were Muse really on shrooms when they recorded Plug in Baby?

Xvm27

Basically, Muse were so off their faces they thought they were making a full on psy-trance album. Sent it to their label, then came down and wondered what the fuck they'd recorded, by this point, it was too late.

If only :(

So you have no experience or real knowledge on drugs, but you're still knowledgeable enough to state that the album is the result of it?

I have no personal shrooms experience, but that doesn't mean I have no knowledge on it or any other drugs. I'm not the only person in the world, yanno. I have eyes and ears that allow me to learn from other people like my friends and such while they were on the drugs they were. So yeah I kinda do know.

I have no personal shrooms experience, but that doesn't mean I have no knowledge on it or any other drugs. I'm not the only person in the world, yanno. I have eyes and ears that allow me to learn from other people like my friends and such while they were on the drugs they were. So yeah I kinda do know.

What is it about OoS that makes it sound like it was made on drugs?

Sounds more like you're basing your opinion on what you IMAGINE that music on drugs sounds like.

What is it about OoS that makes it sound like it was made on drugs?

Sounds more like you're basing your opinion on what you IMAGINE that music on drugs sounds like.

Do anything a touch unconventional and you must have been on drugs at the time. :rolleyes:

I can see some of the lyrics possibly being written while Matt was high, Micro Cuts for example. But as for being high on recordings, the only things that seem remotely possible to me are Execution Commentary and Yes Please (Yes Please may have been recorded before they even found the mushrooms).

I can see some of the lyrics possibly being written while Matt was high, Micro Cuts for example. But as for being high on recordings, the only things that seem remotely possible to me are Execution Commentary and Yes Please (Yes Please may have been recorded before they even found the mushrooms).

Both Execution Commentary and Yes Please were written before the OoS recordings.

And Micro Cuts already has an explanation for the lyrics, being the result of Matt hallucinating after dehydration.

Micro Cuts was written from a dream if I remember, and Yes Please is a very old song.

Execution Commentary is also pretty old, but the final version with the vocals was definitely an interesting part, so it might have been high inspired.

I'm not sure if I necessarily think OoS was drug-induced, but sometimes drugs can influence/inspire creative output, even if the final product was not created while on drugs. They can change your way of thinking about things.

We know ;)

I think a more likely narcotic suggestion would be:

[Weed smoking session]

Matt: Let's put that song Guiding Light on The Resistance, it'll be well funny. *Giggle giggle*

Dom: *Snicker* Yeeeeah.

ROFLMFAO! That's so harsh, yet so funny

There's an old Q article (with the Resistance review) in which Matt said he did shrooms "five times when he was 15". That said, in a later Q&A Dom mentioned an incident involving mushrooms and a bouncy castle outside Las Vegas, so who knows?

It's not exactly brand new knowledge that the guys have done mushrooms before.

I'm not sure if I necessarily think OoS was drug-induced, but sometimes drugs can influence/inspire creative output, even if the final product was not created while on drugs. They can change your way of thinking about things.

Sounds like what Matt said about his trips on Dartmoor.

Archived