Song Muse/Matt put the most heart into?

Xvm27

Which song do you think Matt or Muse entirely put the most of themselves into when they wrote/recorded it? I think songs like Showbiz, FAWY, Sunburn and Glorious are up there, but what's your opinion? How about songs they perform live?

I should probably add Hyper Music and Uno to that list as well.

My reasons:

Showbiz - Quite clearly very emotional.

Unintended - Matt's cried while playing it live before, it means a lot to him.

Hyper Music - To make a chorus as powerful as that with the lyrics it holds you couldn't not mean it.

Exogenesis - Part 2 and 3 really emphasise the emotion for me, it really sounds from the heart.

Sing For Absolution - The lyrics and the raw emotion in the ending.

Uno - When played live, Matt tended to get quite angry as he played.

Muscle Museum - Gigs like the Astoria clearly show this song also mean(t) a lot to Matt.

Looks more that he is just rubbing his eye or something :erm:

It's the fact that he keeps his hand over his eye as if to cover it up or something. His general facial expressions seem like a person who's nearly crying as well tbh.

It's like when Dom was crying during Guiding Light at Glastonbury 2010. You couldn't see the tears very clearly but you could sort of tell he was.

It's like when Dom was crying during Guiding Light at Glastonbury 2010. You couldn't see the tears very clearly but you could sort of tell he was.

He couldn't believe they were still playing Guiding Light either :rolleyes:

I'd also add Megalomania to the list. Matt said it was a very dark moment recording it on the church organ

I'd also add Megalomania to the list. Matt said it was a very dark moment recording it on the church organ

I wonder if saying "Good news is she can't have babies" bothers him now Bing's in the world. He seemed to slur his words/not say it properly more than usual at R/L.

I'd love to have a mind as dark as that for a day though, see what fucked up stuff I could come up with :ninja:

He couldn't believe they were still playing Guiding Light either :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the reason he cried (and the reason they played it) was because of his dad.

I wonder if saying "Good news is she can't have babies" bothers him now Bing's in the world. He seemed to slur his words/not say it properly more than usual at R/L.

I'd love to have a mind as dark as that for a day though, see what fucked up stuff I could come up with :ninja:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't thinking of Bing when he wrote the song.

As a reply to a quote stating Megalomania should be added to the list of songs Matt was emotionally close to when he wrote them, it should've been the point in that sentence.

I never said that I agreed about it being added to the list. I was replying to what they said about it being dark.

Archived