Song Muse/Matt put the most heart into?

Xvm27

He has gained a lot of control and his voice has deepened. I think his voice has now much more force than back to those days

You may like it less now, but it is better

it's only my opinion. Now it feels like he's experienced and confident about what he's doing. That's absolutely right. But this is exactly what I dislike. I loved that passion at old times and it felt like he himself discovering his own potential right on the stage.

And yes. His voice has deepened. Growing older, you know.

I watch every song with fear that his voice is gonna break down at any moment.

Let's compare then. Bb4s

1997:

2001: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzGzGvlKZn4&t=2m8s

2009:

2012:

2012:

2012:

2012:

A4s:

1999:

2001:

2003:

2006:

2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQKmaeQUGoo&t=2m34s

2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_xdvn52As&t=2m26s

G#4s:

1999: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NZlwe4bwEE&t=2m21s

2003: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpxnMKhegCo&t=3m50s

2009: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4EqjvnWfRM&t=3m10s

2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO49PZwTPco&t=1m48s

Yeah can't believe how much his voice has worn down.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

I can't quite within a quote (perhaps for the best), but that 2011 version was not good. He misses the notes entirely on the first chorus, and generally just wails through it by the skin of his teeth, cuts the notes short, and does not sing the lyrics at all, compared to Hullabaloo.

Are you some kind of wizard?

I can't quite within a quote (perhaps for the best), but that 2011 version was not good. He misses the notes entirely on the first chorus, and generally just wails through it by the skin of his teeth, cuts the notes short, and does not sing the lyrics at all, compared to Hullabaloo.

This exactly what I meant! Thank you.

This is absolutely amazing, thanks SO much for that!

So basically your point about matts voice being worse these day was about one single performance of one song?

No. This is just one of the most obvious examples. Generally. It sounds like it needs a lot of effort from him to sing all that songs. He 'rests' while singing a lot. And the performance itself is much worse. There are that all-dancing all-dancing screens and stuff, but no longer themselves. He does not even playing that amazing piano intro in New Born.

No. This is just one of the most obvious examples. Generally. It sounds like it needs a lot of effort from him to sing all that songs. He 'rests' while singing a lot. And the performance itself is much worse. There are that all-dancing all-dancing screens and stuff, but no longer themselves. He does not even playing that amazing piano intro in New Born.

He sounded a lot more strained back in the day than today.and playing one piano doodle doesnt really have much to do with singing. He definitely doesnt rest during songs, he pushes himself a lot more now.

lol

He sounded a lot more strained back in the day than today.and playing one piano doodle doesnt really have much to do with singing. He definitely doesnt rest during songs, he pushes himself a lot more now.

Yes, he pushes himself more because it's much more difficult for him to sing, obviously.

and saying Piano intro I meant this and many other things that point out, that generally his performance weakened.There are just few examples.

"lol!" - I always know what I am talking about. My opinion is subjective, of course. Just like any other opinion.

Yes, he pushes himself more because it's much more difficult for him to sing, obviously.

and saying Piano intro I meant this and many other things that point out, that generally his performance weakened.There are just few examples.

"lol!" - I always know what I am talking about. My opinion is subjective, of course. Just like any other opinion.

He's most definitely hitting high notes easier. All with more power and fullness, and also with less effects needed to cover up the imperfections like before.

Technical skill is less subjective than the quality of the music being played. You can see when someone is getting a note out with less strain and less damaging technique.

He's most definitely hitting high notes easier. All with more power and fullness, and also with less effects needed to cover up the imperfections like before.

Hahahahaha! Oh yes! Definitely. There is no point for arguing anymore, then. But actually I am surprised how many of you think so.

He actually does rest abit during certain songs and often take more breaths than he originally used to, but his voice keeps up much better that way.

And Spiral, you need to get your ears checked.

Sorry guys. I was in differrnt kind of state. I meant all dancing all singing screens. Basically, they themselves are not longer a pushing power of their performance. But their show. and they perform it like they are a bit tired to do that.

Hahahahaha! Oh yes! Definitely. There is no point for arguing anymore, then. But actually I am surprised how many of you think so.

This is not a subjective opinion. It's a wrong one.

Matt is what, 35? And he's still hitting notes he struggled with 15 years ago, and he does it on a more regular basis than he has ever done.

Granted, his falsetto has lost a bit of its power, but that's pretty much inevitable when you age, not to mention that he has been pushing it to its limit since 1999. And he's still hitting his highest notes ever. A5 during agitated just under a week ago? Not to mention a full B4/C5 during Yes Please. He's also hit a bunch of C6s in the past 3 years.

Archived