Song Muse/Matt put the most heart into?

Xvm27

I said his manner is strange now and it's not suited him. And, of course, even back in early days he had kind of a stage manner and he definitely was acting. But that manner seemed natural. More organic, I'd say.

ie "I liked it more in the old days and come up with nonsense excuses for why it would be his fault and not mine"

inb4 "I didn't say that"

I really think you're reaching by lumping all "pop" music together.

Not every act that makes "pop" music is a soulless corporate business... Those are just the ones that easily come to mind.

And you're wearing blinders if you don't think that exists in rock, too.

*edit: I guess it also depends on your definition of "pop"... If you're only talking about the big "popular" acts like 1D and manufactured boy bands, I guess I can sort of see the point.

If we're counting acts like Sippe's examples as "pop" then you're way off base.

I think we here make up lame sub-genres to avoid calling things "pop" that aren't like Top 10. :LOL:

Stop amplifying something that i never meant to my words. I don't put all the pop together. Neither claim it's all bad and unworthy. I do like some pop things. But why i should be happy with Muse becoming pop?

It was obviously more natural when he dragged an amp across the stage and pushed it over, then put his mic towards it and held it there with his foot while playing the outro riffs to Stockholm Syndrome, before ending with destroying Dom's gear.

It was so natural, all the 125 times it happened.

But why i should be happy with Muse becoming pop?
Uh...because music can be good no matter what the genre? If there's something you should be unhappy about, it's Muse doing BAD music. If that music happens to be pop, then that's quite irrelevant.

If you say you can like pop, and Muse makes good pop songs, what would be the issue? Why would you be unhappy?

Oh wait, it's because our judgments of you were right.

Stop fucking talking about pop like it's the definition of soulless and emotionally disconnected music.

Hahaha!!! You got my feelings towards pop.
but emotional disconnection is one of the things that define it.

I don't put all the pop together.

Sure you don't, honey.

Sure you don't, honey.

Sometimes, it's really true that you hold no responsibility for the way you perceived. What that posts are saying? That pop is not my favorite genre, at the same time I am not putting all the pop together. Pop as a genre must have some similarities between its kinds? Just like any genre or type must have. Thus, things are put into the categories or genres. And I think that emotional disconnection is one of those things that interconnect different kinds of pop. ( not all pop on the planet Earth, again)

Uh...because music can be good no matter what the genre? If there's something you should be unhappy about, it's Muse doing BAD music. If that music happens to be pop, then that's quite irrelevant.

This is not the point that I originally argued for. The thing i meant was that I dislike the way Matt behaves on the stage. Pop-star like and in my opinion absolutely unsuited to him. I didn't mean their music at all first, so you should also spend some more time on reading. However, the music also gets more pop.

This is not the point that I originally argued for. My words were thar i dislike the way Matt behaves on the stage. Pop-star like and in my opinion absolutely unsuited to him. I didn't mean their music at all first, so you should also spend some more time on reading. However, the music also gets more pop.

I really can't be blamed for not understanding your awful English.

And about your earlier post, what about the millions of pop songs about heartbreak? What about Taylor Swift? Adele?

Or what about someone like Macklemore with songs like Same Love? Ben Howard? Almost everything Tegan and Sara has written from The Con-era and forward. How does that not have raw fucking emotion? Just because something is cleanly produced pop hits that doesn't mean it lacks emotion. Pop artists are real people you know, and if they write songs about things that gets them emotional, they mean if just as much as rock musicians.

Also, the difference is that when I tell you to read, it's because you assume things that aren't written. When you tell me to read, it's because I've taken you too literal and apparently what you said isn't what you meant. You know, it would be easier for you to get your point across if you weren't constantly stepping on your own feet.

Stop amplifying something that i never meant to my words. I don't put all the pop together. Neither claim it's all bad and unworthy. I do like some pop things. But why i should be happy with Muse becoming pop?

Sorry, but you said all pop was soulless and that's pretty much the definition of lumping it all together.

No one thinks you should be happy if Muse went in a direction you don't like.

You, however, have been putting forth that there's something "unnatural" about Matt now in the way he performs, or that he's not putting his heart into his music anymore.

Just because you don't like it anymore doesn't mean the band suddenly isn't putting their all into it.

If what you mean is "I'm saying Muse is pop because it's emotionally disconnected" - then remove the "pop" part of your argument and explain why you think it's emotionally bereft.

I really can't be blamed for not understanding your awful English.

And about your earlier post, what about the millions of pop songs about heartbreak? What about Taylor Swift? Adele?

Or what about someone like Macklemore with songs like Same Love? Ben Howard? Almost everything Tegan and Sara has written from The Con-era and forward. How does that not have raw fucking emotion? Just because something is cleanly produced pop hits that doesn't mean it lacks emotion. Pop artists are real people you know, and if they write songs about things that gets them emotional, they mean if just as much as rock musicians.

It has nothing to do with my 'awful English'. It'd be difficult to explain what I mean in any language. You see, lyrics and the literal topic of a song don't really say anything about how much the artist was into it. As I already said in another thread, music itself must deliver an emotion, must make you feel it. This is what makes musical composition, and actually any creation, a piece of art. Not all the rock transmits emotions, as well as not all the pop is emotionally disconnected, but most of it. That's why basically it's pop. Popular music is popular because a majority of people could easily identify themselves with this music. It's something familiar to most of the people. It's easy to perceive it in terms of music. And all that heartbreaking shit is also familiar to most of the people. That's very sweet, but it doesn't make their MUSIC emotional.

Just like when you said that Follow Me is definitely one of the most emotional songs just because of its lyrics and the story behind it. But the music itself is empty, soulless if you want. Do you understand what I mean? And it's difficult to deliver this almost subconscious message on purpose. Furthermore, I think, as much you TRY to do this, the less you succeed. It's innate. It's coming from the inside. Matt's music, apart from it's technical complexity, has always been emotional. He could transmit emotions with his music. But now, he doesn't. I am not saying that every one feels the same. Probably, its emotion is not close to me that's why I don't feel it.

But we drifted away a bit. I claimed that I dislike the way Matt behaves on the stage. But, of course, it's connected with the music he creates now.

Sorry, but you said all pop was soulless and that's pretty much the definition of lumping it all together.

No one thinks you should be happy if Muse went in a direction you don't like.

You, however, have been putting forth that there's something "unnatural" about Matt now in the way he performs, or that he's not putting his heart into his music anymore.

Just because you don't like it anymore doesn't mean the band suddenly isn't putting their all into it.

If what you mean is "I'm saying Muse is pop because it's emotionally disconnected" - then remove the "pop" part of your argument and explain why you think it's emotionally bereft.

You know, you all say: if you don't like it anymore it doesn't mean it's getting worse; and not only in this case. Think of it, I never said that. I always say it's My opinion, it's how I feel about this, this is what I think. I never say it's right or wrong. But you try to say that my opinion is wrong. All we do here is sharing opinions - there cannot be anything right or wrong.

And I never said I think Muse is pop because it's emotionally disconnected. It's how you interpreted my words. Medium is the message, you know. And I elaborated on this above.

Stop trying to pass off your own opinions as facts. Just because you don't find music emotional that doesn't mean that it can't be for other people.

That you can't find pop emotional is your problem, not the musics.

Stop trying to pass off your own opinions as facts. Just because you don't find music emotional that doesn't mean that it can't be for other people.

That you can't find pop emotional is your problem, not the musics.

You know, you all say: if you don't like it anymore it doesn't mean it's getting worse; and not only in this case. Think of it, I never said that. I always say it's My opinion, it's how I feel about this, this is what I think. I never say it's right or wrong. But you try to say that my opinion is wrong. All we do here is sharing opinions - there cannot be anything right or wrong about it.

And I never said I think Muse is pop because it's emotionally disconnected. It's how you interpreted my words. Medium is the message, you know. And I elaborated on this above.

I never pass off any opinion as fact. Opinion is not a fact.

Archived