Christmas Competition

KirkBot

ea20543f-2aa3-43e1-86b1-d2d71dde4e7c.jpgChristmas is just around the corner and muse.mu is in need of some festive cheer. So to help us get in to the festive spirit, it is time for the annual muse.mu Christmas Competition!

For those of you who are new to the competition, all you need to do is design something that is Christmassy and Muse themed to become the background for muse.mu. There have been some great entries in previous years, so we are excited to see what you come up with this year.

The winner will receive a signed copy of The Resistance Tour Photography Book and eight runners up will win a set of Muse Christmas baubles and all nine will feature on muse.mu.

What you need to know:

- Please make sure your entries are RGB JPEGS of around 100kb file size and with dimensions of 1680 x 1050 in landscape format. Please stick to these dimensions otherwise we won't be able to use your entry.

- Please send your email to competitions@muse.mu with the subject title CHRISTMAS BACKGROUND COMPETITION. If you don't put this as the title of your email then we won't see your entry.

- Feel free to send in more than one design, but please don't send in your entry (or entries) more than once.

- The competition will be open until Monday 5 December so get designing!

Source: http://muse.mu/news/article/774/christmas-competition/

I'm still peeved about them using my design last year and not crediting me or listing me as one of the winners :indiff: Not sure if I'll participate again, but it was pretty fun making the designs last time.

Just looking at the dimensions they want. It say's "of around 100kb file size" Not then, does it have to be 100kb exactly? Say If I sent an image of 150bk with dimensions of 1680 x 1050, would they still accept it?

Christmas baubles? :LOL: Because no one wanted to buy them last year, that's why they want to get rid of them :LOL:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: True! They'd be better if they looked like the ones in the picture above in the first post, but the tacky glitter job is poor :noey:

The book looks quite nice and the photos in the preview gallery seem to feature LCCC, which is :awesome:

i cant understand what to do , i should design a logo for muse ? a word muse with Christmassy ? a band ? what type of wallpaper should i do , can give some example here ?

Have a look at last year's thread to see what people have done before.

Edit: here

http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=80400

:LOL::LOL::LOL: True! They'd be better if they looked like the ones in the picture above in the first post, but the tacky glitter job is poor :noey:

The book looks quite nice and the photos in the preview gallery seem to feature LCCC, which is :awesome:

You should enter this Paula, with your creative skills. And Dore could do one of her crazy drawings :LOL:

Have a look at last year's thread to see what people have done before.

You should enter this Paula, with your creative skills. And Dore could do one of her crazy drawings :LOL:

:LOL: I don't think they'd be impressed with a hand drawn effort! I don't do computer graphic type stuff.

Archived