james90

[Hidden=You're sure you're 17?]bc7878c6.jpg[/Hidden]

New shot of mah gear in it's latest incarnation...bitches.

Guitars: Manson MB-1, Silvertone Bobby, Gibson LP Custom, Taylor 614ce

Red cable for maximum toan.

Pedals: Ernie Ball Volume > Wah Probe > FF > Whammy > PolyTune > TS-9 > Dickinson D1 > Whirlwind Phaser > EHX Deluxe Memory Boy > EHX Deluxe Memory Man

Amp: Kay 505.

Sounds like kicking ass.

Now thaaat James is how to nicely organise your pedalboard

Where'd the AC30 go? Are you so loaded you can just chuck unwanted Vox amps into the Texan recycling scheme :supersad:

New shot of mah gear in it's latest incarnation...bitches.

Guitars: Manson MB-1, Silvertone Bobby, Gibson LP Custom, Taylor 614ce

Red cable for maximum toan.

Pedals: Ernie Ball Volume > Wah Probe > FF > Whammy > PolyTune > TS-9 > Dickinson D1 > Whirlwind Phaser > EHX Deluxe Memory Boy > EHX Deluxe Memory Man

Amp: Kay 505.

Sounds like kicking ass.

Needs a white coily cable of mass destruction

That kay amp looks interesting. Is it as cheaply made as the silvertones?

How are you finding the LP so far?

Now thaaat James is how to nicely organise your pedalboard

Where'd the AC30 go? Are you so loaded you can just chuck unwanted Vox amps into the Texan recycling scheme :supersad:

The AC30 is sitting in front of my bed for now--Kay has become my main amp. May end up selling the Vox at some point, but I'm not sure.

Needs a white coily cable of mass destruction

That kay amp looks interesting. Is it as cheaply made as the silvertones?

How are you finding the LP so far?

I had a coily Bullet cable once...it died after 2 weeks. Worst cable I've ever had...

The kay is really awesome, I love it. It's the hipster version of Phil X's Tonemaster. It's probably not on par with some of yours, but it seems pretty solid to me in terms of construction. Sounds impeccable.

I absolutely luuuuuuuuuuuurve the Les Paul. Sounds sweet on all positions, and I'm back in love with mahogany. Now I need a mahogany Manson... :awesome:

The AC30 is sitting in front of my bed for now--Kay has become my main amp. May end up selling the Vox at some point, but I'm not sure.

I had a coily Bullet cable once...it died after 2 weeks. Worst cable I've ever had...

The kay is really awesome, I love it. It's the hipster version of Phil X's Tonemaster. It's probably not on par with some of yours, but it seems pretty solid to me in terms of construction. Sounds impeccable.

I absolutely luuuuuuuuuuuurve the Les Paul. Sounds sweet on all positions, and I'm back in love with mahogany. Now I need a mahogany Manson... :awesome:

Everything today has been hinting at M1D1. But I'm not complaining. loved that guitar <3

Nah, it has to be better than the silvertones. Do you know if they were sold by sears originally? :facepalm:

As for the LP, that's cool - any thoughts on the fretboard?

Nah, it has to be better than the silvertones. Do you know if they were sold by sears originally? :facepalm:

As for the LP, that's cool - any thoughts on the fretboard?

I'm sure there are some technical tonal differences between rosewood and baked maple, but I honestly couldn't be happier--I don't notice any difference between this and the '57 VOS Goldtop I played (in fact, mine is a much better guitar :phu:). I wouldn't let it stop me from purchasing a new Gibson, if that's what you're getting at.

As for the amp, I forgot I had a Silvertone for a sec :facepalm: and yeah, the Kay is way better. As I understand, Kay was it's own company that manufactured Silvertone, Airline, etc. stuff, and their main competitor was Valco, who did Supro, Danelectro, etc.

Guest Batman.
Try DV247 or maybe Dolphin Music? Cant remember the exact prices, but a decent one is usually about that price.

Harley, ones a LBM and ones an #1 Echo Delay. Sounds niiiiiice.

Aaah, that makes more sense :LOL:

Definitely asking for a stand for Christmas.

How do you find the new Memory Boy compared to the old Memory Man?

Also, I think it's quite funny the number of comparisons I can make between that and what I'll have in a few months. MB-1, FF, Wah Probe, D1, Polytune, Whammy (different one obviously).

just about finished building the pedlol board

IMG_0693.jpg

just waiting for a few more cables.

and here's the strat. I take it Tomexclamationpoint (and maybe IntellegentAl) is really the only strat fanboi around here.

1992_fender_mij_62_reissue_stratocaster.jpg

body_angle.jpg

headstock.jpg

Wrong,

I still have three, for now. I will be getting rid of at least one of them in a few months when my new Suhr is ready to ship. I want to get a pick guard loaded up with Suhr V60LP's for the other strat (CAR) and then send it for a refret with 6105 SS somewhere.

My old Hot Rod Reissue Japanese Strat will go but I will miss it, it's a great guitar and I love that it served as the prototype for the Iron Maiden Strats.

I have a 62 Reissue that I bought new in 1984. It's been one of my main guitars since the day I bought it. It was my #1 for over 20 years and it looks it too. It have replaced every part except the body and the neck plate at least once. It presently has EMG's loaded in S/SA/89R config. Great guitars and worth keeping forever.

I'll post some pics of my new recording set up soon, I also have some killer new pedals that you guys might dig. I've found the weirdest and coolest Distortion pedal ever. Far weirder and more innovative than the Fuzz Factory and able to go into crazy feedback style sounds, and it has MIDI control over programs and settings. Cool Stuff.

Later,

JT

Wrong,

I still have three, for now. I will be getting rid of at least one of them in a few months when my new Suhr is ready to ship. I want to get a pick guard loaded up with Suhr V60LP's for the other strat (CAR) and then send it for a refret with 6105 SS somewhere.

My old Hot Rod Reissue Japanese Strat will go but I will miss it, it's a great guitar and I love that it served as the prototype for the Iron Maiden Strats.

I have a 62 Reissue that I bought new in 1984. It's been one of my main guitars since the day I bought it. It was my #1 for over 20 years and it looks it too. It have replaced every part except the body and the neck plate at least once. It presently has EMG's loaded in S/SA/89R config. Great guitars and worth keeping forever.

I'll post some pics of my new recording set up soon, I also have some killer new pedals that you guys might dig. I've found the weirdest and coolest Distortion pedal ever. Far weirder and more innovative than the Fuzz Factory and able to go into crazy feedback style sounds, and it has MIDI control over programs and settings. Cool Stuff.

Later,

JT

Ohh at least tell us what it is!

So you replaced the neck on that strat? What with?

And I might be interested in that hot rod reissue when you decide to sell it. I was looking for one of those for a long time a while back. Is this one loaded with EMGs?

Pics?

Ohh at least tell us what it is!

So you replaced the neck on that strat? What with?

And I might be interested in that hot rod reissue when you decide to sell it. I was looking for one of those for a long time a while back. Is this one loaded with EMGs?

Presently it has EMG's. I also have the original wiring harness. I'll e-mail you before it goes up for sale.

The Pedal is the Soundblox Pro Multiwave Distortion.

http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/soundblox_pro/multiwave_distortion.php

Check out Pete Thorn's demo on the Source Audio Website. It tells you everything that you need to know. I bought one a few weeks ago and I'm still playing with it. Put a wah in front of it or behind it and it's a blast.

JT

Oh yeah, Source Audio's stuff is absolutely mindblowingly awesome.

How do you find the new Memory Boy compared to the old Memory Man?

Also, I think it's quite funny the number of comparisons I can make between that and what I'll have in a few months. MB-1, FF, Wah Probe, D1, Polytune, Whammy (different one obviously).

So you're a JimboMansonMB-1 fanboi? :chuckle:

They sound fairly similar--the older one is warmer though. It's those MN3005s. And quieter :facepalm: Still need to get that fixed...

Presently it has EMG's. I also have the original wiring harness. I'll e-mail you before it goes up for sale.

The Pedal is the Soundblox Pro Multiwave Distortion.

http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/soundblox_pro/multiwave_distortion.php

Check out Pete Thorn's demo on the Source Audio Website. It tells you everything that you need to know. I bought one a few weeks ago and I'm still playing with it. Put a wah in front of it or behind it and it's a blast.

JT

Cool thanks, what did it originally come with? I'd probably set it up with some passives in an HSS configuration.

And I'll check it out - Pete Thorn has some great gear demos.

It had two passive singles and a Dimarzio humbucker. I can't stand most Dimarzio's and all three of these sucked. Big time.

The source audio stuff is cool as hell. Great pedals for the seeker of weird.

JT

PS here are my strats. I've posted this picture so many times I feel guilty throwing it up there again.

Strats.jpg

The total list of mods to the Blue Strat is too long so here are the highlights.

Warmoth Compound radius neck, 1 5/8 nut width, bone nut, 6105 frets. Maple/Rosewood

Sperzel trim-loc tuners.

EMG S-neck, SA-Middle, 89R-Bridge.

EMG EXP Active EQ

EMG SPC Active EQ

Fishman Powerbridge Piezo Trem

Fishman Powerchip Preamp

Edited by Impulse 101

It had two passive singles and a Dimarzio humbucker. I can't stand most Dimarzio's and all three of these sucked. Big time.

The source audio stuff is cool as hell. Great pedals for the seeker of weird.

JT

PS here are my strats. I've posted this picture so many times I feel guilty throwing it up there again.

Strats.jpg

The total list of mods to the Blue Strat is too long so here are the highlights.

Warmoth Compound radius neck, 1 5/8 nut width, bone nut, 6105 frets. Maple/Rosewood

Sperzel trim-loc tuners.

EMG S-neck, SA-Middle, 89R-Bridge.

EMG EXP Active EQ

EMG SPC Active EQ

Fishman Powerbridge Piezo Trem

Fishman Powerchip Preamp

Nice Strats! How do you find the powerbridge? I've always told myself if I got a Strat I liked I'd put a piezo in it...

The powerbridge is alright, piezo in a solid body is never going to be perfect but you can get a usable live tone out of it. One big thing with any piezo is to get the preamp as close to the bridge as possible since there is so little output and the impedance is so high. The closer the preamp the less tone loss. After that something like a Boss Acoustic Sim Pedal or a Fishman Aura modeller goes a long way to helping the tone. I use a Sans Amp Acoustic DI most of the time and then EQ it.

The bridge itself is excellent. It's very gentle on strings and has a great tone to it, it's very similar in build and tone to a Gotoh 1088 with solid saddles, which is now my favorite bridge since the fishman standard is no longer made.

JT