james90

The powerbridge is alright, piezo in a solid body is never going to be perfect but you can get a usable live tone out of it. One big thing with any piezo is to get the preamp as close to the bridge as possible since there is so little output and the impedance is so high. The closer the preamp the less tone loss. After that something like a Boss Acoustic Sim Pedal or a Fishman Aura modeller goes a long way to helping the tone. I use a Sans Amp Acoustic DI most of the time and then EQ it.

The bridge itself is excellent. It's very gentle on strings and has a great tone to it, it's very similar in build and tone to a Gotoh 1088 with solid saddles, which is now my favorite bridge since the fishman standard is no longer made.

JT

Sweet, thanks for the info!

It had two passive singles and a Dimarzio humbucker. I can't stand most Dimarzio's and all three of these sucked. Big time.

The source audio stuff is cool as hell. Great pedals for the seeker of weird.

JT

PS here are my strats. I've posted this picture so many times I feel guilty throwing it up there again.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/EMGguy/Strats.jpg

The total list of mods to the Blue Strat is too long so here are the highlights.

Warmoth Compound radius neck, 1 5/8 nut width, bone nut, 6105 frets. Maple/Rosewood

Sperzel trim-loc tuners.

EMG S-neck, SA-Middle, 89R-Bridge.

EMG EXP Active EQ

EMG SPC Active EQ

Fishman Powerbridge Piezo Trem

Fishman Powerchip Preamp

Cool.

What's the body made of on the hot rod reissue? and also, did installing that EMG require any routing?

and yeah, generally I'm not a fan of dimarzios...well, most of the ones I've tried.

How long have you been waiting for that suhr?

I think that I ordered my new one in June or July. They just moved to a new factory so things were delayed. John and crew have been extremely good at letting people know what's up. They will start building it in January some time and I'll get it around April.

The hot rod reissue is Basswood, but it's not the crap basswood that Ibanez uses. It's very close to alder in tone, just a little lighter. I didn't have to route out the Hotrod, it fit right in. The 62 is missing half the wood that it came with for all of the electronics cavities.

JT

I think that I ordered my new one in June or July. They just moved to a new factory so things were delayed. John and crew have been extremely good at letting people know what's up. They will start building it in January some time and I'll get it around April.

The hot rod reissue is Basswood, but it's not the crap basswood that Ibanez uses. It's very close to alder in tone, just a little lighter. I didn't have to route out the Hotrod, it fit right in. The 62 is missing half the wood that it came with for all of the electronics cavities.

JT

that's interesting. when I was looking for a japanese strat recently, I saw that a lot of them were made of basswood. I ended up paying extra for an alder one, but that's good to know that they don't use cheap stuff. i might get one of their entry level ones at some point to mod.

what's the spec of this new suhr?

It's a Tele shape

S/S/H/

Landau Singles

DSH+ Humbucker

Floyd Rose

Red Sparkle Drip Finish with matching headstock

Sperzel standard tuners

Roasted Maple Neck

Plain Maple Fretboard

6105 Stainless Steel Frets

No Markers

Single Volume

Single Tone

Blower Switch (Bridge humbucker wired directly to output jack when engaged)

Series/Parallel Switching for humbucker instead of coil tap or split

1 11/16" nut width

10"-14" Compound Radius Fingerboard

60's C Standard neck shape - .810" (1st fret) to .930"

It will be my stunt guitar. Between the two Suhr tele's and my Blue Strat in Drop D, I will have an amazing arsenal of stage guitars.

JT

It's a Tele shape

S/S/H/

Landau Singles

DSH+ Humbucker

Floyd Rose

Red Sparkle Drip Finish with matching headstock

Sperzel standard tuners

Roasted Maple Neck

Plain Maple Fretboard

6105 Stainless Steel Frets

No Markers

Single Volume

Single Tone

Blower Switch (Bridge humbucker wired directly to output jack when engaged)

Series/Parallel Switching for humbucker instead of coil tap or split

1 11/16" nut width

10"-14" Compound Radius Fingerboard

60's C Standard neck shape - .810" (1st fret) to .930"

It will be my stunt guitar. Between the two Suhr tele's and my Blue Strat in Drop D, I will have an amazing arsenal of stage guitars.

JT

red sparkle? I'm guessing you mean more like those finishes the gretsch jets have.

Sounds cool anyway. Do you think the roasting is necessary since it's plain maple?

I haven't really had any issues with figured maple before...the Manson necks (either flame or birds-eye) are pretty stable. A few do have some small abnormalities, but nothing that really affects how they play. Wouldn't be surprised if it was my fault...but I won't go into that :facepalm:

is there a difference between that and spoiler or NSFW tags? (ok' date=' nsfw does not load the picture until you click on the arrow but what about the others?)[/quote']

nah there isn't a difference. they just hide whatever you want them to hide.

20111209_181109.jpg

EX-7 > SD-1 > LBM > Echohead

Fairly happy with this board right now. Taken the FF, Vibratrem and Kaoss Pad off because they just didn't get enough love :( Wouldn't mind adding a TR-2 and another delay to the mix. I actually had a DD-7 for a month or so, but sold it because I wanted a proper looper, and needed moniez.

20111209_181156.jpg

Borrowing this off a friend :awesome: lavely guitar. Gonna have to invest in one in a year or so. As for other guitars, I use a Spalted Maple Fender Tele, Washburn X50PRO-Q or whatever it's called, and erm....this: