Really :confused: didn't get that at all

+1 I thought it was remarkable how bored, stilted and lifeless he looked. Especially in comparison to Hullabaloo tour footage of the same songs. As I said somewhere on here last night after the gig, you can really see a difference when going from watching a young ball of charismatic nervous energy jumping and spinning around the stage with glee, to watching a middle aged man shuffle about the stage, gurning with a bored expression on his face, looking as though he wished he were anywhere else. The sound was actually very good and the set and visuals looked truly amazing, but it was oddly boring to watch on TV, from those 3 OoS tracks we got to see.

I'm truly glad I got to see some of it and really wish I could have see more (as I was of course still really enjoying reliving those songs!), but it wasn't quite the same. Which slightly tempered some of my disappointment that so little of it was allowed to be shown. Although, if a DVD is released I would definitely still buy it!

R/L are famed to be fairly rough, aren't they?

lol you must me nuts, rough 10 yrs ago yea now its a day out to Lego Land but I know how that dude Dan feels, I felt the same at Reading 2003 & V2003, all wankers & vowed never to return.

I think ppl don't know what genre Muse are now, they are a pop act they stopped being an Indie Rock band around 2004.

I retired anyhow from festivals, they are just a theatre show/event with the worst possible people

Just came home. Haven't slept since Sunday morning and haven't read anything since thursday. Some quick thoughts:

THANKS TO JOANA WHO GAVE HER TICKET TO MY BROTHER. You're cool.

I managed to get an excellent place before Friendly Fires. I was in the middle not too far from the barrier.

Crowd was so packed I didn't think I was gonna survive.

Origin was amazing. The intro, moshing to Hyper Music, singing Space Dementia with an unknown guy, the fire in your face during Megalomania... I think they did an excellent job.

I'm also amazed they played so many songs (Dead Star would have been cool too but well, we can't have everything).

Best gig of my life ever.

A bit sad we don't have proshots of the whole origin thought... Now they have to make a DVD at least!

Didn't seem overly rough, just there was a lot of tossers there. I've no plans to ever go there again

And this is why I would not go back to any festival that I've been to before. Once is most definitely enough.

Though the exception is Coke Live in Poland which was great. And sunny! :LOL:

Watching a couple of Reading videos, Matt must have been having the time of his life. I've never ever seen him interact with a crowd like that ever :LOL:

Completely the opposite for me; probably the least interaction of any Muse gig I've been to, Matt said hardly anything except a garbled 'thankyouverymuchitsbeen10yearssinceoriginthanks' just before Megalomania. After tha, it was standard scripted Dom :(.

I'm torn by this gig; Origin was amazing, probably the best thing I have seen Muse do. But the rest was so half-arsed :(.

Total :awesome: to total :'( in two hours. Mindfuck.

Ah, finally back home! :awesome: Reading was amazing, but I almost got crushed a few times and I almost fainted because of dehydration, but then the cups of water saved me :D

Oh, btw, did anyone from the board see me there? I was the one with the Bellamy Wembley 2007 suit, or at least kind of...:LOL:

Anyway, Muse was amazing! :awesome: So was Elbow too :awesome: And What's He Building Intro, amazing :cool: It was a little shame hearing the same old hits after OoS, especially Undisclosed Desires and Resistance were a little downers, the crowd was pretty dull during those two :(

But overall, a very nice gig, and all OoS songs sounded MASSIVE :happy:

But whatever happened to the "Big rock out-ending"? :erm: Not that I mind, KoC is awesome as a closer, but still...:rolleyes:

I can't actually believe I didn't notice Chris singing the HM chorus :eek:

Reading was great, although Muse was certainly a gig of two halves. Origin was phenomenal, it made me remember why Muse used to be my favourite band, why they meant so much to me, it was everything I love about Muse. From Uprising onwards, however, it was bland, predictable and just stale. I wasn't expecting Dead Star or Showbiz or anything, I was expecting the hits, I just didn't expect them to be so.. well, boring. I actually got bored at a Muse gig. It made me remember why they're not my favourite band any more. Origin was still terrific however. Don't think I'll be seeing Muse at their own show again, only at festivals, or if they do something like this. :(

I actually agree with all that Clunge has said. Had the same impressiones.

And I also didn't notice Chris singing the chorus during HM, I was too busy moshing. Killer bass riff.

Now I'm gonna have some sleep. Good night.

never going back to reading festival in my life :LOL:

Finally decided i need to stop trying to re-live great muse gigs i've been to in the past, they will never live up to my high expectations again :( nevertheless, hearing OoS was amazing but died of boredom after that..

OOS was utterly fantastic and just proved what a great album it is from start to finish.

What's He Building? was such a great touch as well. :happy:

The second half was a bit confused, but Muse generally are these days, are we there to rock out or there for a sing-a-along? I actually have nothing against songs like UD, but in the same setlist as something like Stockholm Syndrome?

Anyway, I knew that bit wasn't going to be for me and I was only there for OOS ultimately, so I'm completely happy.

Also, I couldn't imagine the performance translating well on TV.

Finally decided i need to stop trying to re-live great muse gigs i've been to in the past, they will never live up to my high expectations again :( nevertheless, hearing OoS was amazing but died of boredom after that..

lol you talk like you are my age, when I saw them 1st you were either 6 or 7.

How the hell could you re - live Muse gigs from the past unless you were at the gigs I was at in the better years?

How the hell could you re - live Muse gigs from the past unless you were at the gigs I was at in the better years?

sneaky%20face.gif.jpg

Oooh gurl, sharpen those talons..

One thing that was absolutely disgusting was for what is considered to be a more "rock" orientated audience, no one knew the words to One Armed Scissor when it was played just before Muse came on. :noey:

Ross and me were shouting ALL OF THEM WORDS. :happy:

but what i'm saying is i will never enjoy seeing muse again as much as i did the first times i saw them, irrespective of how far back that was?

Archived