What's your favourite part of the HAARP DVD?

slipperypoo

Here's my top ten... omg the nerdyness but who cares ;D

1. Stockholm Syndrome Outro

2. Knights of Cydonia: the lighting kicking in

3. The lighting and background screens at the very end of Invincible

4. The end improvised chords of Blackout

5. Map of the Problematique Outro

6. Apocalypse Please double-time drumming

7. Intro to Plug In Baby

8. The mobile phones of Soldier's Poem

9. New Born Outro... omg!!

10. Blackout Orchestral Credits

Chaz

Utterly impossible to pick a "best of" moment, so I'll go with my favourite bits...

Matt's laugh after saying he never thought you'd be playing unintended in a stadium.

The outro to Stockholm Syndrome.

Apocalypse Please, nice to see them trying something a bit different.

Butterflies and Hurricanes - all of it.

The shot of the "up for it" guy singing the chorus to Feeling Good.

That's 5, that'll do :)

All of it; they just look like they're having such a good time and it shows plus you can see they appreciate their fans.

If I HAD to pick a stand out bit it would be when Matt leads in to Plug In Baby, it's such a huge moment in the set and brings me out in goosebumps. I was there on the 16th and it was at that point in the show that I nearly cried!

Haha, he's right up there with the guy during MOTP who's trying to sing to the camera but his friends are covering his face then he points at the camera and sings "since I met you":LOL:

Haha, that's the same guy I pointed out in another thread. Looks a bit like the singer from Keane.

:LOL:

I just got HAARP in the mail today, and I managed to make a list for this thread as I was watching it because I'm that obsessed with the board. :rolleyes: Just a few random bits:

- The guy air guitaring at the beginning of Hysteria.

- Matt's smile when everyone cheered after he announced B&H as the next song.

- Chris and Matt's smiles during the piano solo of B&H.

- Chris' smile during Feeling Good!!! That was so awesome! :D

(I like it when they smile, if you couldn't tell :rolleyes:)

- Dom's first "Thank you, Wembley!" or "How are you doing, Wembley?" or whatever he said (can't remember). I love how he practically eats the microphone. :LOL:

- The "YEE-HAW!" in TIRO.

- The spin-ish camera work during the "Bury it..." part of TIRO.

- The solo in New Born

- The INSANE ending of New Born!

- Chris' thumbs up at the crowd after Unintended.

I loved every single second of that DVD. Every song was perfect. :yesey:

The outro to New Born, when he starts jumping up and down during the Microphone Fiend riff.

The outro to Stockholm Syndrome when he plays the high harmonic bendy notes, then suddenly plays the D-tuned low string. It kind of goes, pwaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr-do-do-dada-do, pwaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr-do-do-dada-do, pwAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR-do-do-dada-do, then the drums come in.

I also love the end riff to Knights, he does a funny walk across the stage.

The section of the DVD i'll watch the most though is MoTP, B&H, Hoodoo and Apocalypse Please. 4 amazing performances in a row! (then they spoil it with Feeling Good)

Does anyone have a favourite part of the CD. i like it on MoTP when instead of going 'i can't get it riiighh-aaaahhhiigghht-aaaahhhighhht- ahhight' Matt holds on to the note and sings ' i can't get it riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhht' Amazing!

:LOL:.

He resembled a rooster when he did that. I think that Knights on HAARP was disappointing because Matt omitted the mini riff/solo during the end riff.

:LOL:.

He resembled a rooster when he did that. I think that Knights on HAARP was disappointing because Matt omitted the mini riff/solo during the end riff.

Totally agree, I was a bit dissapointed by that too, I really love the space dementia outro :(

The outro to New Born, when he starts jumping up and down during the Microphone Fiend riff.

The outro to Stockholm Syndrome when he plays the high harmonic bendy notes, then suddenly plays the D-tuned low string. It kind of goes, pwaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr-do-do-dada-do, pwaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr-do-do-dada-do, pwAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR-do-do-dada-do, then the drums come in.

The section of the DVD i'll watch the most though is MoTP, B&H, Hoodoo and Apocalypse Please. 4 amazing performances in a row! (then they spoil it with Feeling Good)

Does anyone have a favourite part of the CD. i like it on MoTP when instead of going 'i can't get it riiighh-aaaahhhiigghht-aaaahhhighhht- ahhight' Matt holds on to the note and sings ' i can't get it riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhht' Amazing!

+1384634356435435

For everything.

I LOOOOOVE the outro to New Born. I stuck the DVD on just to watch that part earlier, actually. :p

And that part you mentioned in SS is just plain awesome. I lurves it. :yesey:

Favorite songs on the DVD: MotP, New Born, PiB, SS. Did anyone else think SMBH was kind of... blah? :erm: It wasn't crap or anything, far from it, but it just didn't seem to have as much energy as the others...

The only complaint I have is that they do a close-up of Matt's face for most of Hoodoo, except for the "Whyyyy, WHYYYY..." part. That's my favorite part, and I love watching his face during that part, but all you see is his back. :(

I actually haven't listened to the CD yet. :stunned: *sticks the CD in the computer and pulls up iTunes...*

Edit: I just listened to MotP to hear that part you mentioned, and OH MY GOD!!!! Fucking amazing.

I can't list just one thing. I just can't. I also can't seem to stop watching it.

New Born + Hoodoo + Blackout + Plug In Baby = :D.

I also loved:

Chris' thumbs-up, Chris pointing at the crowd...

The way Dom says "Wembley", Dom during Take A Bow...

Matt's New Born slide, Matt during Hoodoo. (Hell, Matt in general...)

I get chills as the crowd starts freaking out at the opening of Plug In Baby.

I wasn't there last summer but, damn, you can just tell that was a special moment.

Matt's serious pout/raised eyebrow while he's singing the first few lines of TIRO :D sexy serious Matt lol.

Whoa, I've missed this... *goes to rewatch*

I can't list just one thing. I just can't. I also can't seem to stop watching it.

New Born + Hoodoo + Blackout + Plug In Baby = :D.

I also loved:

Chris' thumbs-up, Chris pointing at the crowd...

The way Dom says "Wembley", Dom during Take A Bow...

Matt's New Born slide, Matt during Hoodoo. (Hell, Matt in general...)

I get chills as the crowd starts freaking out at the opening of Plug In Baby.

I wasn't there last summer but, damn, you can just tell that was a special moment.

Whoa, I've missed this... *goes to rewatch*

+1

I've been watching it nonstop since it came in the mail. :rolleyes:

I love the shaky camera stuff in PiB. That just made it even more awesome. :yesey:

Take A Bow where Matt does that extremely sexy thing with his hand where he runs it down the mike stand then twitters his fingers right afterwards.

Everything Chris related where he is doing something uber happy in between songs.

When that flag gets chucked at Matt at the end of PIB and he laughs!

The end of SS! The end of the DVD - Blackout instramental. I LOVE that!

It would be easier for me to say what I don't like! LOL :LOL:;)

Take A Bow where Matt does that extremely sexy thing with his hand where he runs it down the mike stand then twitters his fingers right afterwards.

Everything Chris related where he is doing something uber happy in between songs.

When that flag gets chucked at Matt at the end of PIB and he laughs!

The end of SS! The end of the DVD - Blackout instramental. I LOVE that!

It would be easier for me to say what I don't like! LOL :LOL:;)

:eek: I completely forgot about that part! +1!!!! I melted a bit when I saw that part. :p

Archived