What's your favourite part of the HAARP DVD?

slipperypoo

In the backstage bit, anyone got an idea what riffage Dom was talking about?

I thought he was talking about the Close encounters riff. But thats a bit of a guess tbh. Thats the riff that I thought made a massive difference to KoC anyway.

Wembley concert:

-Intro

-KOC (Matt listening to the crowd singing along)

-Butterflies and Hurricane (Chris grinning)

- Plug in Baby (Matt stepping down the aisle and laughing after having the flad thrown at him)

- Hoodoo (Matt's "cheers" with a special smile at the end)

Making of:

- Matt's "speed up, Dom!" + laugh

- Dom and Matt under the 'underground crossing'.

- Matt opening the bottle of water and throwing the cap away out of nervousness.

- Matt's "Fade out"

- Hug of Dom, Matt and Morgan

Wembley concert:

-Intro

- Plug in Baby (Matt stepping down the aisle and laughing after having the flad thrown at him)

Making of:

- Matt opening the bottle of water and throwing the cap away out of nervousness.

- Matt's "Fade out"

Made me laugh hysterically. And I still do..

Wembley concert:

-Intro

Making of:

- Matt's "Fade out"

Yeah for the making of, but what do you mean with matt's "speed up, dom !" ? I don't remember. I love the hug too and when matt opens that bottle haha !

I don't mean to sound as if i'm knocking the DVD, i'm not. I love the whole gig. But the best moments are the very end with the orchestral part of Blackout playing through the credits, and the cut of Sing for Absolution in the Slideshow. Love listening to them.

Unfortunately, watching the DVD while my parents and brother were at home was a BIG mistake.

1. My brother listens to rap music but insisted on at least hearing the first song, Knights of Cydonia. I had to endure stupid comments about Matt singing high and 'boring!' at the end.
  2. My mom comments on matts piano skills. That's good, but you shouldn't do that in the middle of Hoodoo!
  3. Phonecall during Soldier's Poem. My dad tells me to turn the volume down by a lot, even though my mom is walking into another room. She comes back into the room during Unintended, is about to hang up, when the person on the other end of the line says something and they continue their conversation in the same room. Finally, still Unintended, she hangs up, sits next to me. Rest at last! Nope. She starts discussing the content of the call with my dad (something about taxes) who is on the other side of the room. I turn up the volume back to normal, dad complains (We're trying to have a conversation here), I turn it down.
  4. It's getting dark outside, didn't turn the light on yet because it was dark on the tv too (Blackout and stuff), but my dad who was sitting at the computer at the other side of the room decided it was too dark.
  5. Mom leaves, comes back during the best part of Take a Bow asking if I like the DVD and what's on the CD.

Unfortunately, watching the DVD while my parents and brother were at home was a BIG mistake.

1. My brother listens to rap music but insisted on at least hearing the first song, Knights of Cydonia. I had to endure stupid comments about Matt singing high and 'boring!' at the end.
  2. My mom comments on matts piano skills. That's good, but you shouldn't do that in the middle of Hoodoo!
  3. Phonecall during Soldier's Poem. My dad tells me to turn the volume down by a lot, even though my mom is walking into another room. She comes back into the room during Unintended, is about to hang up, when the person on the other end of the line says something and they continue their conversation in the same room. Finally, still Unintended, she hangs up, sits next to me. Rest at last! Nope. She starts discussing the content of the call with my dad (something about taxes) who is on the other side of the room. I turn up the volume back to normal, dad complains (We're trying to have a conversation here), I turn it down.
  4. It's getting dark outside, didn't turn the light on yet because it was dark on the tv too (Blackout and stuff), but my dad who was sitting at the computer at the other side of the room decided it was too dark.
  5. Mom leaves, comes back during the best part of Take a Bow asking if I like the DVD and what's on the CD.

I hate it when stuff like that happens! You do your best setting the scene for your family/friends to watch/enjoy something and nobody ends up giving a sh*t!

:eek: aww poor you ...

Yeah for the making of, but what do you mean with matt's "speed up, dom !" ? I don't remember. I love the hug too and when matt opens that bottle haha !

Well, the very first time we see Muse rehearsing the intro; they are walking on the aisle and Dom almost falls. Chris laughs, and Matt says "Speed up, Speed up, Dom! " then he turns to camera and laughs. I found him funny.

Matt's serious pout/raised eyebrow while he's singing the first few lines of TIRO :D sexy serious Matt lol.

But every part if my favourite to be honest - except the whole thing makes me even more jealous/angry/upset that I couldn't be there. :'( :musesign:

Without a doubt, Apocalypse Please. It was absolutely breath-taking and almost makes up for the lack of Bliss/SFA/COD.

I cant even begin to describe how I hold it an awe. I fully appreciated it when I watched it live but the DVD makes it look 100X better.

Other than AP, I'd say New Born and Stockholm Syndrome. Those were magical as well.

Matt taking the Mining trolley , just before entering on stage with his comments on the toilets !!! :D (Dom being a little afraid, and Chris almost "destroying" the cam when laying on the trolley)

and by the way, Great dvd minus,i would be a liar if i dont say it's sad not to have a full show

Train_Bellamy.jpg

Ohh, I loved everything but I have a wierd obsession for going back to this quick little piece Matt does JUST before he plays Supermassive Blackhole. Dunno why...?

And how Chris, Matt & Dom have to get pulled up on some rolling, rope pulling 'device' to get on stage. Hahaha.

matt's skipping along the stage in hysteria:LOL:

chris when he puts his thumbs up to the crowd and his face at the beginning,he looked shit scared

matt's mental guitar playing in supermassive,like he was going to rip the strings off his guitar.

dom explaining to the crowd how to wave your mobiles around in the air ' like this':LOL:

just a beautiful,emotional dvd,and it's not been off the player since i bought it.

Archived