Plug In Baby wasn't Matts?!

NewBornBenny

Just thought I'd bring this up.

I was listening to Bach earlier as you do when you have GCSE's to revise for, calms me and stuff :D

Toccata In D Minor was playing when I thought to myself "HEY THATS PLUG IN BABY"

Just as I was about to notify Muse that this Bach fellow had ripped Muse off I realised that his version was around 300 years earlier than Plug In Baby ;)

This is the part of the song which is almost identical, I know its only the start of the riff but it is identical ;) i've handily added the time to the link but just incase it doesn't work.. Start the video at 1 minute 17 seconds

So what d'ya think guys? Anyone know if Matt takes inspiration from Bach in the same way he does from Rachmaninoff?

Not at all?! I'm sure it's just an arpeggio of the same scale or whatever, but still.. I'm sure its exactly the same :LOL:

Yeah, it begins the same, but I'm pretty sure you could take any famous riff of the last 20 or so years and connect it to some music that had been made before it. I get where you're coming from though.

Not at all?! I'm sure it's just an arpeggio of the same scale or whatever, but still.. I'm sure its exactly the same :LOL:

I'm not doubting that Matt might have taken inspiration from this, he draws idea from all over the place, I just couldn't work out the part where it was 'identical'... I dunno, maybe it is for a bit and the different timings just threw me off completely. :LOL:

Everyone knows that Rachmaninoff has written most of the piano songs Muse have done, I don't see why this is such a surprise. Matt likes his classical music.

And no, I'm not entirely serious with this post.

I just noticed it out of the blue and thought it was too similar to not post ;)

Archived