Plug In Baby wasn't Matts?!

NewBornBenny

Hey, I'm going to be cool and give my actual opinion here! (hehe... although mees loves me some banter)

Anyway, sure, it might sound similar (I'm loving the video game theory), but there's only so many combinations of notes that could be used throughout history, so something's bound to sound like something else eventually, but the creator might not know it. So yeah... *flies away*

When I got the Resistance and sniffed the cover, it had a very similar scent to that of many other CDs. Muse took the smell from other CDs, I hate them :mad:

Nah, Muse were bent on using CD-scratching forest trees.

• 3 months later...

Well...It's not the same at all - first - the key is different - whereas Plug in Baby starts in the major scale (sending scale notes from the 3rd up), the part in Bach's Toccata is actually in diminished chord at that time (and the so called melody starts at the root tone) - that's why it sounds incomplete - it's just a bridge...The second - the chords are different..

Well it's easy to find some famous melody or harmony in Bach's music anyway because he was more of a music scientist (he tried to compose his works in all keys, using all chord changes immaginable just to explore...That's why his meThusic sounds more sterile than other baroque music and of course later composed music)...

Archived