Uprising Covered on American Idol

Hammertym3

When you're the original, you can argue that that's how it's meant to be done.

this sort of thing doesn't work if you take yourself too seriously. Matt knows how to laugh at himself. I don't think Mr. Durbin gets the joke.

Singing an octave higher was definitely horrible advice!

I hope Matt was joking. Or maybe he was trying to sabotage the guy to look good in comparison? :LOL:

Haha! That was what I thought! Wtf Matt! Oh my ears! :LOL:

The rest of it was okay, a bit karoke. The drummers! :LOL:

did you guys happen to come across the official Uprising video on youtube? It's been taken over by AI fans. :fear: and the stuff they say…my poor brain cannot handle it.

like: I think Muse is not a heavy metal band, but this is a heavy metal song and James sang it us such. He also have the pipes for it.

seriously wtf. DO THESE PEOPLE HAVE EARS.

did you guys happen to come across the official Uprising video on youtube? It's been taken over by AI fans. :fear: and the stuff they say…my poor brain cannot handle it.

like: I think Muse is not a heavy metal band, but this is a heavy metal song and James sang it us such. He also have the pipes for it.

christ

:noey:

God knows! Emperor's clothes maybe?

This is what passes for a good performance on Idol these days? Good god.

That's the annoying thing about it. I wouldn't mind it so much if there was some honesty there! And the singers were actually something special! But Jeez. How could the judges like that?!

I don't watch it, but from the bits I've seen of it, it's total parody.

Didn't Lambert do "Starlight" once during his season? :wtf:

Nope.

The comparisons to Adam Lamber btw are hilarious. Adam Lambert is one of the most brilliant singers around today when it comes to the facts(technique, I don't give a fuck if you don't like him personally), while James is off-pitch, nasal and completely dull unless he's in the higher register, which he can't control that well either,

Nope.

The comparisons to Adam Lamber btw are hilarious. Adam Lambert is one of the most brilliant singers around today when it comes to the facts(technique, I don't give a fuck if you don't like him personally), while James is off-pitch, nasal and completely dull unless he's in the higher register, which he can't control that well either,

No I would choose Will Young! Incidentally Adam Lambert did perform Starlight at one point and it wasn't good.

Wait, for what? :LOL: To compare James with?

I think his cover is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIYttKoLGgk

It certainly isn't bad.

Yes this is good. It's not the one I saw though. There's another, more rocky version, if I remember, which is terrible. I can't be bothered to look for it now though.

Oh and I'm comparing Will to Adam. I prefer Will Young.

Yes this is good. It's not the one I saw though. There's another, more rocky version, if I remember, which is terrible. I can't be bothered to look for it now though.

Oh and I'm comparing Will to Adam. I prefer Will Young.

That version was only shown in shit quality, but yeah, it wasn't great :p

Oh, well as I said, I'm only talking about technique, in which Adam Lambert beats pretty much everyone around today, and he ranks really high even compared to the big ones like Buckley(both) and Freddie Mercury.

Just listened to Will Young, and oh my god I found his timbre annoying :LOL:

The guy sang well except when he went to those high notes but other than that it wasn't horrible like you all make it seem.

Why are you all so mean? You shouldn't make fun of someone who has disablities. It's not right and very rude to make those comments. I don't think Matthew Bellamy would be proud of his fans with these comments.

James Durbin has talent. He's a good singer. He has his own style. Some people like it and others dont. I don't know why they even compare him to boring Adam Lambert. Lambert shouldn't even be given songs of Muse to sing at his shows. What a disgrace.

What is great about this is that Muse was played tonight on Idol. You got to admit that was pretty damn cool!

The guy sang well except when he went to those high notes but other than that it wasn't horrible like you all make it seem.

Why are you all so mean? You shouldn't make fun of someone who has disablities. It's not right and very rude to make those comments. I don't think Matthew Bellamy would be proud of his fans with these comments.

James Durbin has talent. He's a good singer. He has his own style. Some people like it and others dont. I don't know why they even compare him to boring Adam Lambert. I think he's better than him. Lambert shouldn't even be given songs of Muse to sing at his shows. What a disgrace.

What is great about this is that Muse was played tonight on Idol. You got to admit that was pretty damn cool!

Oh my god, are you for real?

Okay, lets start with the singing. he was pretty off-pitch during the whole thing, and personally I find his voice incredibly dull.

We are "mean" because he made a shit performance, no one gives a shit about his disability. I guess that you are homophobic just because you don't like Adam Lambert?

Hurray, Muse was played on the most commercial pop show in the US, WOHOOO

And please, the standard font and font size works perfectly, no need to be unique with a font that is barely readable.

I nearly spit my milk out at the falsetto. Oh dear. It doesn't suprise me that the judges thought it was good, I watched it a few weeks ago and they were telling everybody they were brilliant.

I'll send you the divorce papers.

:LOL:

James Durbin has talent. He's a good singer. He has his own style. Some people like it and others dont. I don't know why they even compare him to boring Adam Lambert. Lambert shouldn't even be given songs of Muse to sing at his shows. What a disgrace.

Seriously? We're allowed to have our opinions and if I think he's awful, it's not because he's disabled.

Could you change the font? I had to squint to read your post.

I nearly spit my milk out at the falsetto. Oh dear. It doesn't suprise me that the judges thought it was good, I watched it a few weeks ago and they were telling everybody they were brilliant.

Say what you will about Simon Cowell being a douche and all that, but at least he was honest with the people who couldn't sing (I always got a chuckle when people booed him for telling the truth).

Say what you will about Simon Cowell being a douche and all that, but at least he was honest with the people who couldn't sing (I always got a chuckle when people booed him for telling the truth).

Hey, why did you edit the funny part out of your post just as I was gonna quote it :(

Archived