:( I don't have my CM tickets yet. WTF, Arizona?

Okay, so...question. Say my friend and I do the crazy thing and drive out to LA at some ungodly hour like 4 AM, and we make it just in time for when the doors open at the venue. Can we hope for some parking at the Muser hotel party station, or will we need to find an overnight garage nearby and park all day? I'm not familiar with this part of LA at all. :confused:

I'm thinking I need to convince Brit to go the day before. :shifty: I've spent so much money on Lolla that I'm reluctant to spend more $ on airfare to LA...but the 8-hour drive through the desert is going to suck big time.

I still need to work out travel plans. Drive down Friday night and return Sunday daytime, perhaps. Jessica, are you driving or flying? If it's just me, flying is much more viable.

I'm driving down with my sister. We want to do some touristy LA stuff on our day off. :)

I didn't know you were coming to the US. Who else is coming over across the pond?

So, the hotels are filling out quickly, eh? I suppose I should start looking around.

Are you coming to L.A. Cris? It would be nice to see you again! :happy:

I am going to this gig, along with my not-so-little brother and 5 work buddies. All of them are Muse virgins! :p

Yay! Booked my trip. I'll be flying in on the 28th and leaving the 31st. I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible so I'm staying at the Surf City Hostel by Hermosa Beach. Anyone stayed there before? It's only $30/night. My brother-in-law used to live in Hawthorne and he said Hermosa Beach is populated by "old rich white people, so it's pretty safe" :LOL: I'm renting a car so I'm up for any Muser meet-ups.

Are you coming to L.A. Cris? It would be nice to see you again! :happy:

I am going to this gig, along with my not-so-little brother and 5 work buddies. All of them are Muse virgins! :p

:LOL: Muse Virgins. I was one about 2 years ago, but now I'm hooked and they will be as well!

Yay! Booked my trip. I'll be flying in on the 28th and leaving the 31st. I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible so I'm staying at the Surf City Hostel by Hermosa Beach. Anyone stayed there before? It's only $30/night. My brother-in-law used to live in Hawthorne and he said Hermosa Beach is populated by "old rich white people, so it's pretty safe" :LOL: I'm renting a car so I'm up for any Muser meet-ups.

Glad your coming out to this gig! I'll be in on 7/29 and up for any meetups as well. BTW Hermosa Beach is pretty safe. Are your seats GA?

Glad your coming out to this gig! I'll be in on 7/29 and up for any meetups as well. BTW Hermosa Beach is pretty safe. Are your seats GA?

No, I decided to do seated for this one. I'm in section 4 row 14 so really close on Chris's side. I may come early to get a good parking spot and if so I'll come hang out with everyone queuing for GA.

Speaking of safe areas... how bad is the area the concert is at? I found this website http://www.lalife.com/ that shows the amount of crime in an area and that entire section looks really bad. Safety rating is 0.5 out of 10, and the crime rate is a lot higher than the county average:

Category Yearly Statistics Per Person vs. County Average

Homicide 87 335% higher

Rape 93 95% higher

Robbery 2,771 442% higher

Aggravated Assault 1,377 54% higher

Ummm, I would really prefer to leave LA alive, un-raped, and with all my belongings with me. :LOL: If anyone would like to carpool let me know.

Speaking of safe areas... how bad is the area the concert is at? I found this website http://www.lalife.com/ that shows the amount of crime in an area and that entire section looks really bad. Safety rating is 0.5 out of 10, and the crime rate is a lot higher than the county average:

Homicide 87 335% higher

Rape 93 95% higher

Ummm, I would really prefer to leave LA alive, un-raped, and with all my belongings with me. :LOL: If anyone would like to carpool let me know.

Yeah the area around the Coliseum is really bad one of worse parts of LA. Everyone should be sure to travel in pairs. But also they should have a alot of security around the area since it is going to be such a big festival.

The area surrounding the Coliseum isn't the prettiest, but it's not the worst of neighborhoods in Los Angeles. There should be plenty of security for the gig so don't worry about safety if you stick close to the venue.

Homicide 87 335% higher

Rape 93 95% higher

All these statistics look ridiculously high. If we were talking about an area further into South Central i'd believe it, but these seem way too high for the Coliseum area.

Archived