BAM! http://tinyurl.com/3z7pgn2

FULL LENGTH SETS!

:stunned:

I know different sources have mentioned full sets before, but now it feels substantiated.

:stunned::stunned:.....dead...

That really blows... When I heard about the acts getting full length sets I thought it meant for just the 3 main headliners not that other crap that is before. Going to be really annoying sitting through the shit that is before the 3 of them. IM guessing a full set will probably be 90 minutes.

That's 12 hours not counting setting up the stage and sound between bands. I'd imagine the latter acts would get longer slots, but I'd imagine all will still be longer than festival slots.

I would love to see the first bands get an hour 45-60 minute sets and the 3 headliners get 2 hour sets.

I was trying to calculate the time it would take if ALL the acts had full sets. I gave each act 1 1/2 hours playing time, leaving 30 mins for moving the instruments for each band. So if the music starts at 3, El Gran Silencio from 3-4:30, Immortal Technique from 5-6:30, Lauryn Hill 7-8:30, Rise Against 9-10:30, and you get the idea. So it really isn't possible for all the acts to get full sets unless they want to play until 2 am, or possibly bump up the starting time.

I was trying to calculate the time it would take if ALL the acts had full sets. I gave each act 1 1/2 hours playing time, leaving 30 mins for moving the instruments for each band. So if the music starts at 3, El Gran Silencio from 3-4:30, Immortal Technique from 5-6:30, Lauryn Hill 7-8:30, Rise Against 9-10:30, and you get the idea. So it really isn't possible for all the acts to get full sets unless they want to play until 2 am, or possibly bump up the starting time.

That's true. I was thinking if it was possible for an hour and a half each, but now I know it's not. I would like to see El Gran Silencio, Immortal Technique, and Lauryn Hill for 45-60 minutes. And Rise Against, Muse, and RATM for 90-120 minutes. So that would mean (if the supporting acts got 45 minutes) El Gran Silencio 3-3:45, Lauryn Hill 4:15-5, Immortal Technique 5:30-6:15, Rise Against 6:45-8:15, Muse 8:45-10:15, RATM 10:45-12:15. This is possible, but I would rather have 30 minute sets from the supporting acts, and have an hour and 45 minutes for all the headliners.

Remember: doors open at 3. That doesn't mean the show starts at 3! Usually, the show begins a half hour-45 mins after doors open.

Wait, didn't the poster say that the doors open at 1pm with the music starting at 3pm? I'm on my phone so I can't check, but I'm sure the poster said that the music started at 3.

Wait, didn't the poster say that the doors open at 1pm with the music starting at 3pm? I'm on my phone so I can't check, but I'm sure the poster said that the music started at 3.

Whew! Ok. That's a reasonable time then, especially if they're supposed to have a lot of booths and information to look at.

So. Stoked. Man, I worked 10 hours today... to pay for my fun times in CA, so I missed all the excitement in here.

Yeah, I doubt the other bands besides RA, Muse and Rage will get full sets. I really don't care about the rest besides Muse and RATM, it would suck royal hippogriff if I had to camp out and stand through a shit ton of 2 hour sets before Muse came on. I would probs pass out and maybe get cancer from my chain smoking.

Oh, and I am staying Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I saw some people were discussing that.

Hm, so we appear to be having real issues finding a decently priced hotel.

That aren't booked up...

Anyone from LA, any recommendations? Near the venue isn't vital, Downtown or Hollywood would probably be better.

EDIT:

What happened to the hotel you had found?

It's become fully booked in the last few days :(

That aren't booked up...

Anyone from LA, any recommendations? Near the venue isn't vital, Downtown or Hollywood would probably be better.

EDIT:

It's become fully booked in the last few days :(

Oh no, I thought you had booked it already.

I can try to ask B if she has any recommendations the next time I chat with her on MSN.

Concertmaps people, i just got this email:

Hello Fans!

Your tickets for Muse at LA Rising at LA Coliseum on July 30th, 2011 have been mailed. They will arrive in a plain white envelope marked, "Dated Material Enclosed."

Keep an eye out for them!

If you have not received your tickets by July 23nd, please call us at the number below.

Enjoy the show!

Thanks,

Muse Ticketing

Archived