Greatest Band in the World?

forrestconner

Matt has outright said that. Although Tom Waits himself is not a band, Matt has said he thinks Tom is the greatest lyricist. Sorry, I'm agreeing with musestl, not the other dude :chuckle:

:LOL: They don't even know what the lyrics to Plug in Baby mean. Lyrics are the weakest part of Muse songs I think, even though they're often great

For me, they will always be my favorite band, and I consider them as the best band in the world, but no one can say "Muse is the best band in the world, period"

I don't see what's wrong with saying 'Muse is the best band in the world' if that's your opinion.

If they're your all time favourite band and their music is the music you prefer to listen to above all others, then what's the problem in stating that they're the best band in the world?:)

:LOL: They don't even know what the lyrics to Plug in Baby mean. Lyrics are the weakest part of Muse songs I think, even though they're often great

Thats exactly what I was referring to :)

I don't see what's wrong with saying 'Muse is the best band in the world' if that's your opinion.

If they're your all time favourite band and their music is the music you prefer to listen to above all others, then what's the problem in stating that they're the best band in the world?:)

Best band in the world to you I'm not sure if someone can officially classify the best band in the world to the entire worlds. Basically that would just be an average.

I would say Muse, for obvious reasons....

But everyone knows it could be only be Queen.

i'd say it's The Beatles. Queen took rock to the charts like no other, but the Beatles formed rock & roll and started off many other genres.

I'm sorry, but for me the Beatles are a little too overplayed and overrated :erm:

you like music, yeah? you cannot overrate the influence the Beatles had on the music industry, unless you say something like 'music wouldn't still exist without them.'

i don't think you'd be wrong in saying 'the music industry as we know it wouldn't exist without them.'

the fact whether you like the music or not is irrelevant.

It's a matter of your own personal opinions - to me, they Are one of the greatest bands in the world, because their music transcends all others I've heard, and even more so live. They're by no means perfect, but for me, there really aren't any other bands that match Muse's musical epicness.

Even if Matt's not the best guitarist/front man in the world or they're not the most skilled musicians, I don't think that matters - I think if they produce better music overall, that makes them better. That said, this is mostly a judgement of Muse up to about 2006ish. Don't get me wrong, they're still the best fucking band out there, imo, but they used to be better - the performances felt less rehearsed and they were edgier with their 'rock' sound.

My only fears are that they'll stray even further away from the 'alternative' and more 'aggressive' rock they used to produce, and their live presence will lose some of its magic :( ... ever since they decided it's perfectly okay to favour looks over sound (e.g. Matt no longer doing the New Born intro cos it didn't 'look' as seamless; not playing a less rigid setlist because of the screens etc), it hasn't quite been the same. Tbh, even with all that, I still think they're the best band I've encountered, and their live shows still blow me away, so it's not a heeeooj problem (yet) :happy:

:facepalm:

The Beatles are one of the biggest and most influential bands there are, no matter what you think of them.

Saying a band is greatly influential doesn't make me like them. That's just saying you should like something just because a whole bunch of other people do.

Now I'm not saying they weren't influential, I'm just saying I don't like their music. To me, most of their music sounds exactly the same, hit or not. Again, this is just my opinion.

On a sidenote: It's kinda funny how the different variety of music is suppose to let each and every person have their own opinion and likes, without others caring. However, this whole philosophy changes around 3 figures of music: Rap, Country, and The Beatles.... just observations.

On a sidenote: It's kinda funny how the different variety of music is suppose to let each and every person have their own opinion and likes, without others caring. However, this whole philosophy changes around 3 figures of music: Rap, Country, and The Beatles.... just observations.

what!?

Saying a band is greatly influential doesn't make me like them. That's just saying you should like something just because a whole bunch of other people do.

Now I'm not saying they weren't influential, I'm just saying I don't like their music. To me, most of their music sounds exactly the same, hit or not. Again, this is just my opinion.

But you were responding to a post who talked about The Beatles as being one of the greatest in that aspect. What you think of them is very irrelevant in that matter.

And they are praised for how influential they are, not because they were great musicians or singers, which is why I don't see how they can be overrated either.

That said, this is mostly a judgement of Muse up to about 2006ish. Don't get me wrong, they're still the best fucking band out there, imo, but they used to be better - the performances felt less rehearsed and they were edgier with their 'rock' sound.

My only fears are that they'll stray even further away from the 'alternative' and more 'aggressive' rock they used to produce, and their live presence will lose some of its magic :( ... ever since they decided it's perfectly okay to favour looks over sound (e.g. Matt no longer doing the New Born intro cos it didn't 'look' as seamless; not playing a less rigid setlist because of the screens etc), it hasn't quite been the same. Tbh, even with all that, I still think they're the best band I've encountered, and their live shows still blow me away, so it's not a heeeooj problem (yet) :happy:

I'm pretty sure they've sort of admitted they went a bit nuts on that stuff, and want to get back to the music as the focus again. But who knows really.

Country? I was thinking more of Beatles, Rap and Micheal Jackson, but I understand what your saying... everyone is supposed to like them and agree they are numero one and ect. I think the influence is undeniable, but there aren't really any rules saying you have to be a genius to be influential. Todays pop shit they call music is fine evidence of that.

Country? I was thinking more of Beatles, Rap and Micheal Jackson, but I understand what your saying... everyone is supposed to like them and agree they are numero one and ect. I think the influence is undeniable, but there aren't really any rules saying you have to be a genius to be influential. Todays pop shit they call music is fine evidence of that.

And in what way does todays pop influence anyone?

Archived