Greatest Band in the World?

forrestconner

They rank somewhere inbetween Tokio Hotel and The Power Rangers music.

tokio being the worst out of the two

@above. 30 years? so you were alive during live aid - queen - and you still think muse are the best?

opinion, yes, but okay...

This should probably be posted in Other Topics. Ah well, too late now.

But regarding the topic, "greatest" is such a relative term. Just because they're my favorite band doesn't mean they're necessarily iconic and world-changing like The Beatles or anything.

Hmm, ok, but I don't see what's wrong with Muse being mine. So they haven't been around as long. So what? They appeal to my ears far more than any other band has done.

I don't think he questioned your opinion :p

EDIT: Beaten to it.

Muse is better than Queen already because they have more great songs than Queen. Also, Matt clearly is one of the best rock n' roll talents to come along in well over a decade.

U2 makes my list. Thanks to U2, I showed up at a concert in Dallas and heard Muse for the first time (never heard of the band before the U2 concert). Thank you, U2.

Muse is better than Queen already because they have more great songs than Queen. Also, Matt clearly is one of the best rock n' roll talents to come along in well over a decade.

U2 makes my list. Thanks to U2, I showed up at a concert in Dallas and heard Muse for the first time (never heard of the band before the U2 concert). Thank you, U2.

I remember you! It was fun hearing someone become such a huge fan after seeing them open for U2.

what muse/rock song is better than bohemian rhapsody, or the seven seas of rhye, or bicycle race or every other queen song?

U2 make it, but Queen don't? :LOL:

even though i love USoE it is basically just a watered down version of a Queen hit. Even Matt knows he won't reach Queen's level.

anyway. enough of this.

Muse is definately the best band to come along in along time, in my opinion, and I know this sounds cheesy, but I thank Guitar Hero and Stephenie Meyer for introducing them to me. I know it might be lame. I do like Queen, and all of the other influences that Muse use in their music. To me, Muse is a complete package.

No, you didn't. Apologies. :)

I get a bit defensive on the Muse board. Seems it's not acceptable for Muse to be your favourite band here.

If you ever get anyone saying or implying it's wrong to like Muse, they're probably just looking for a bit of beef. Just ignore them, try not to over-react to them because that's what gives their lives meaning :chuckle:

I'm not a big fan of Muse any more but I'll not have a go at anyone else who does still like them. We all have different tastes after all :happy:

For me are Muse, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein and some Legends of music (like the Stones, the Beatles, Ozzy, Queen, ....) the unbelievable best bands of the world!!

:D

Oh, and LyraSilvertongue, I just LOVE your Avatar!! ;)

Why thank you :happy:

If you ever get anyone saying or implying it's wrong to like Muse, they're probably just looking for a bit of beef. Just ignore them, try not to over-react to them because that's what gives their lives meaning :chuckle:

I'm not a big fan of Muse any more but I'll not have a go at anyone else who does still like them. We all have different tastes after all :happy:

Wise words, Chizzle. :happy:

I mean they're my favorite band of all time, but that doesn't mean that they're the greatest.

If you include how influential they've been in the ranking, Muse isn't even close.

But in terms of consistently delivering performances and songs that can make one's pants wet, I'd say they're just about at the top, for me at least. Minus The Resistance, of course. But hey, Pink Floyd had some piss-poor albums.

I've just never heard anything better, and it's not even close. Though I'm not much of a fan of classic rock except for Boston, Queen and The Beatles; that's about it save a few ACDC and Lynyrd Skynyrd songs.

So I'd say in terms of influentiality (just made that up), The Beatles no questions asked. But if you're talking about pure, raw emotion coupled with great technical ability both instrumentally and vocally, Muse has to be it for me.

I'd say that gives a few kudo points to U2 if their openers are actually appealing to their fans. One of the best ways to discover new music.

I'd say for this generation, or the 2000's, they are one of the top names, if not the top name. Overall? They've got another ten or fifteen years of doing what they're doing now to even consider it... and you can't just stick around, you have to keep "holding your stage" (sorry, literally couldn't think of a better metaphor!) They are strong contenders for getting close to that title in that time frame, and its not impossible at all, but right now, it seems like a bit of a fad to the world. They have a bit more to prove to the very tough and criticizing world. Yet I can't think of a much bigger current band (that was 'born' around this generation) than Muse.

Archived