It just doesn't seem like really his account. Chris's account is truly his but I have a feeling Matt's is more official. Why isn't the Muse account following Chris? Strange.

I agree. I'm pretty suspicious of this new account and I think management/PR set it up. I don't think he deleted his myspace to get on twitter. I think it's because of his myspace deletion that they forced the twitter account; to continue the false perception of a fan connection with Matt. I don't care if he does or doesn't communicate with the fans, as long as it's HIS decision, not someone else's. Chris' account is very much his own thing, which is why I love it! :happy:

I agree. I'm pretty suspicious of this new account and I think management/PR set it up. I don't think he deleted his myspace to get on twitter. I think it's because of his myspace deletion that they forced the twitter account; to continue the false perception of a fan connection with Matt. I don't care if he does or doesn't communicate with the fans, as long as it's HIS decision, not someone else's. Chris' account is very much his own thing, which is why I love it! :happy:

I reckon it is Matt's. He probably just got the management to set it up for him, which is why it's been done slightly differently. :) I can't see him agreeing to anything he doesn't want. Hmm, you've made me start to wonder now though. I think if it were just a management PR thing, they'd do the same for Dom. Myspace is nothing like twitter. I should imagine that twitter will be easier to manage.

Incidentally, I wonder if the @muse part will mean I will receive texts if there are any tweets. For some unknown reason I only get tweets from muse texted and I don't know how to change it. On the other hand I follow a lot of political organisations so I wouldn't want texts from anyone (you get tweets from random people as well) as it could get a bit much, but I don't get texts when Chris tweets.

I reckon it is Matt's. He probably just got the management to set it up for him, which is why it's been done slightly differently. :)... Myspace is nothing like twitter. I should imagine that twitter will be easier to manage.

Yeah, you're right. Matt's probably social media inept and needed the assistance...:chuckle: And yeah, twitter is much easier to manage and put people on ignore, etc.

Yeah, you're right. Matt's probably social media inept and needed the assistance...:chuckle: And yeah, twitter is much easier to manage and put people on ignore, etc.

I doubt he's social media inept tbh. I am! I didn't know you could ignore people on twitter for instance. Anyway, due to not having a clue about these things, I could be talking nonsense here, but I wonder if the way it's been set up means that any messages tweeted go to someone else as well, just in case something got out of hand, which hopefully it won't.

Anyway enough of analysis! Let's not put a damper on it before it's even started. If it's real etc etc it's really nice and hopefully, it will work well. :happy:

I doubt he's social media inept tbh. I am! I didn't know you could ignore people on twitter. Anyway, due to not having a clue about these things, I could be talking nonsense here, but I wonder if the way it's been set up mean that any messages tweeted go to someone else as well, just in case something got out of hand.

Yeah, as long as someone else knows the password, they can monitor and delete/address the issues.

I reckon it is Matt's. He probably just got the management to set it up for him, which is why it's been done slightly differently. :) I can't see him agreeing to anything he doesn't want. Hmm, you've made me start to wonder now though. I think if it were just a management PR thing, they'd do the same for Dom. Myspace is nothing like twitter. I should imagine that twitter will be easier to manage.

Incidentally, I wonder if the @muse part will mean I will receive texts if there are any tweets. For some unknown reason I only get tweets from muse texted and I don't know how to change it. On the other hand I follow a lot of political organisations so I wouldn't want texts from anyone (you get tweets from random people as well) as it could get a bit much, but I don't get texts when Chris tweets.

i'm rubbish on twitter but i think you can set each person you follow so that you do or don't receive the texts from them. the default appears to be "don't".

Archived