Oh please, you've been complaining about it the whole tour :LOL:

Yes, that the lights are supposedly more important than the music, not that a good light show is something bad.

When did Muse say they can't play X song because of the lights?

It's an excuse that has been used, I think it was in a conversation with some fans. Can't remember exactly when. But most of the time my comments have been aimed towards the fans who uses the excuse, not the band.

"You can't expect them to play this and that when they have the towers and lights restricting them"

Las Vegas gig. A group of us asked Tom why the sets where the same continually and he said because the lights and visuals restrict the set.

BOOM.

Was this the same gig where he told you that Matt puts a lot of effort into the setlist (which is perhaps the biggest lie of this tour)?

Was this the same gig where he told you that Matt puts a lot of effort into the setlist (which is perhaps the biggest lie of this tour)?

Yip!

Tom said he was a bit unhappy that old tracks didn't get played as much but visuals etc etc compromise everything. He told us Matt puts effort into picking the set every night, lawl.

Then he gave us some raspberries and all was well with the world.

Yip!

Tom said he was a bit unhappy that old tracks didn't get played as much but visuals etc etc compromise everything. He told us Matt puts effort into picking the set every night, lawl.

Then he gave us some raspberries and all was well with the world.

Tom is such a legend. He should be writing the setlists. :awesome:

Everyone's panicking a bit too much. We all know the big ones like PiB and NB are here to stay, for the rest of their career, no doubt. The thing that bothers me is why they want to "draw a line" under OoS - never say never! Why not just mix it up every once in a while for a bit of refreshment - promote an album but chuck in something like Space Dementia in every so often? For them, so they don't get bored and for us.

I think saying this might have been a mistake for Matt - he might change his mind and then he'll look a bit stupid by going back on his word on such a big thing (or worse, a liar - whipping up drama to get people to come and see them at Reading/Leeds - come on, if it wasn't an OoS celebratory setlist, a lot of fans may not have bothered, thinking "just another TR gig.")

Las Vegas gig. A group of us asked Tom why the sets where the same continually and he said because the lights and visuals restrict the set.

BOOM.

My question was genuine and simple and I was OK with Dee3Dee and Sippe's answers, so your impression of Ari Gold was totally out of place :p

:yesey:

*snip*

I think saying this might have been a mistake for Matt - he might change his mind and then he'll look a bit stupid by going back on his word on such a big thing (or worse, a liar - whipping up drama to get people to come and see them at Reading/Leeds - come on, if it wasn't an OoS celebratory setlist, a lot of fans may not have bothered, thinking "just another TR gig.")

I agree 100% here.

If they decide against the OoS idea they really do deserve the shitstorm that will erupt here. I bet half the people on here wouldn't be bothered about Reading/Leeds ONLY that they have said this is like a celebration of OoS.

/repeating what you've said. :awesome:

Everyone's panicking a bit too much. We all know the big ones like PiB and NB are here to stay, for the rest of their career, no doubt. The thing that bothers me is why they want to "draw a line" under OoS - never say never! Why not just mix it up every once in a while for a bit of refreshment - promote an album but chuck in something like Space Dementia in every so often? For them, so they don't get bored and for us.

I agree 100% here.

If they decide against the OoS idea they really do deserve the shitstorm that will erupt here. I bet half the people on here wouldn't be bothered about Reading/Leeds ONLY that they have said this is like a celebration of OoS.

+2

I agree 100% here.

Nevermind the messageboard! Can you imagine the shitstorm we could cause at Reading? :awesome:

Nevermind the messageboard! Can you imagine the shitstorm we could cause at Reading? :awesome:

We'd make trifalgar square's riots last night look like a music festival.

Yeah, here is a man who knows what he's doing.

"The performance of "Muscle Museum" was a tad shonky, apparently due to being requested by Tom Kirk prior to Muse going on stage, leaving them no time to rehearse the song beforehand."

He did actually say later in the interview, either draw a line or revisit it I think, something like that. He didn't make a definite statement. He was just talking about what they were thinking about. People are making too much of it, hanging onto every word! And incidentally all three of them were talking about Reading/Leeds being special.

I bet half the people on here wouldn't be bothered about Reading/Leeds ONLY that they have said this is like a celebration of OoS.

This is very true though. It's not even just the people from the UK who are pushing their bank accounts to go, more the amount of fans coming from abroad.

I've noticed a lot more fans coming over for R/L than there seemed for the Wembley gigs.

He did actually say later in the interview, either draw a line or revisit it I think, something like that. He didn't make a definite statement. He was just talking about what they were thinking about. People are making too much of it, hanging onto every word! And incidentally all three of them were talking about Reading/Leeds being special.

The point is that they have to expect people to take these things very seriously, especially when your fans are as hardcore and dedicated as Musers. Doing an interview like this and then just backing out is just insanity on their part.

They have been in the media for over 10 years, surely they know that whatever they say will create a huge fuss and that people won't just ignore it as some crazy ideas. They aren't idiots.

They have been in the media for over 10 years, surely they know that whatever they say will create a huge fuss and that people won't just ignore it as some crazy ideas. They aren't idiots.

What do you want them to do - become like robots who have to watch what they say all the time. No I'd prefer them to say what is on their minds at the time! Because I'm not a child, and I don't need protection from having my hopes built up, just in case it doesn't work out.

What do you want them to do - become like robots who have to watch what they say all the time. No I'd prefer them to say what is on their minds at the time! Because I'm not a child, and I don't need protection from having my hopes built up, just in case it doesn't work out.

:LOL: Nice one.

I'm not taking what he says as some truth. Even if he had said "this is what we're gonna do", I wouldn't have believed him. But surely, now that they have said "This is what we're thinking of doing", and people get all excited about a special OoS gig, what is stopping them? If they decide to just do the standard set that they always do, even if it isn't a broken promise, it's pretty shit.

I'm not taking what he says as some truth. Even if he had said "this is what we're gonna do", I wouldn't have believed him. But surely, now that they have said "This is what we're thinking of doing", and people get all excited about a special OoS gig, what is stopping them? If they decide to just do the standard set that they always do, even if it isn't a broken promise, it's pretty shit.

I don't think they will do a standard set, but there is the possibility that it might be more standard than some people are expecting, that's all. In any case there's no point getting wound up about something that hasn't even happened. :) I think what some people have said is to be cautious over expectations, that's all.

:LOL::yesey:

It's the whole idea that a gig is judged by how much they are clapping. By the definition that I mentioned in my earlier post, it's impossible to enjoy songs like Ruled By Secrecy.

If a song is good, you don't need fancy lights, great sing alongs or getting the crowd to clap along all the time.

I totally agree with you, and a song isn't best b/c it gets the best response, but when they're playing live to thousands, where at least a thousand are going not knowing anything, they're gonna play the stuff that everyone is gonna get excited for, because they get the energy, and give it back to the crowd. I'm just saying that's probably the way they look at it, not necessarily the right way or the best way. Especially in America this is true I'm sure, and I don't blame them, even though its just plain unfortunate.

Yes, that the lights are supposedly more important than the music, not that a good light show is something bad.

It's an excuse that has been used, I think it was in a conversation with some fans. Can't remember exactly when. But most of the time my comments have been aimed towards the fans who uses the excuse, not the band.

"You can't expect them to play this and that when they have the towers and lights restricting them"

Nope, that ain't an excuse if they've proven it wrong already. But still, I think most of the time they'll do what's easier. So it's only vaguely true I suppose.

EXACTLY you guys! I think people need to wake up and realize that they don't exactly write a book to answer questions... they answer about the future as they see it at that moment, and thats the best anyone can do. If that's what Matt thinks at the time, what else is he gonna say? He doesn't write a contract with the fans every time he spits out a word!

I might be wrong on this, but Matt said that they've "gone off one a little bit" meaning that they've focused on the live side too much and the band feels as if they've forgotten the whole point of being a band, and that is to make good music. I think they feel like they've gone overboard on the live side and focused too much attention on it (lasers, towers, UFOs) and may think that the live shows have suffered from the insane production. Maybe they want to sit back, come up with a good album, focus their entire attention on playing well instead of worrying their curtain might not drop at the correct time.

Again, I may be wrong, but it feels like they just want to jam together a little bit and put their full attention on music.

Sounds good to me

No he doesn't but he must know his own fans well enough by now to know they're going to hang on to and over-analyse every word he says. So he should be a bit careful when talking about what they're going to play.

BOOM.

If he backs out on what he's said below the shit storm will be insane.

"So we'll probably play Origin in it's entirety (as well other songs) at Reading/Leeds as it will be 10 years since it came out."

-Matt, via Twitter

You are quite a few hours late.

Archived