Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

Out of curiosity, how long of a drive is it from Noblesville to downtown Chicago? Based on what I'm reading and the cost of flights, it may be worth considering flying into Chicago and renting a car for the roundtrip to Indy.

It's about three and a half hours, + time if traffic's bad (either in Chicago or NE Indianapolis). It's right at 200 miles from the venue to Grant Park.

If it were a full-out tour, yes. I'm guessing not this time since it's a one-off gig to knock the rust off for Lolla.

From what I saw yesterday its a Citicard member pre-sale for Friday. Don't know if that means you need to have a Citicard (which if that's the case will be the first time i'm glad I have one of those damned things) or if its something else.

From what I saw yesterday its a Citicard member pre-sale for Friday. Don't know if that means you need to have a Citicard (which if that's the case will be the first time i'm glad I have one of those damned things) or if its something else.

Yep, it does.. so you are in luck.. :D

You have to have a Citicard for that pre-sale, yes, and purchase the tickets with that card. There's a regular LiveNation pre-sale though as well.

Why the hell is this not officially confirmed by Muse yet? I really expected to see something by now. Has someone kidnapped Tom? :eek:

Yeah, it's almost ridiculous now. Although LA only went up, what, 24 hours ago or so? There was a gap between the announcement and when it showed up in gigs and tours.

So how reliable is Livenation? I'm still kind of skeptical

It's just an arm of Ticketmaster, it's not a secondary broker or anything like that. I think the last 10 or so concerts Indy-area I've been to (dating back to probably 2008) have been through live nation. So nothing to worry about as far as Live Nation being legit.

Well, technically it merged with Ticketmaster a little while back, so they're the same company yet sort of different. Like, there are LiveNation venues and those are the ones that sell tickets on LN specifically I think? Idk.

You have to have a Citicard for that pre-sale, yes, and purchase the tickets with that card. There's a regular LiveNation pre-sale though as well.

I also have a Citicard, so the Friday presale simply means if you have a Citicard you will be able to buy ahead of the general public? Or will we need a code from this website or something similar too.

If it is the case that you simply need a CitiCard, while I like that for me, that sucks for most people who have to wait until Saturday. Won't secondary brokers have gobbled up all of the good seats by then?

Next question, for price the IndyStar today said http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011105100366

it'll be $30 and $40. So is that $30 for lawn and $40 for the back seats?

But then the latest info for LiveNation shows $35 and $150? http://www.livenation.com/event/050046A6D490B2A1?crosssite=TM_US:1400322:41099 I'm assuming the low amount would just be for lawn and $150 for just box or the pit up front? Or is demand generally high enough for US venues that hold ~20k that they can actually charge $150 for any and all seats? What's been the norm for price distribution recent US shows?

I suppose my preference would be the cheapest seats just so we can tailgate in the parking lot during the openers, drink some micro and homebrews rather than paying $8 for crappy light domestics, and get to our seats just before Muse goes on. But I can't afford $150+ a ticket for that right.

PS I am late to the Muse frey, after a few years of my brother telling me I'd probably dig them if I gave them a chance, I finally heard 3 albums in a row while putting in a wood floor last fall with my buddies and was very intrigued. Since then I've spent many a hours checking out the stuff on Youtube, (the live Wembley stuff is fantastic) got hooked and am in the process of picking up the whole catalog. For a little more on me, my fave music for about 16 years running has been melodic thrash and metal (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Opeth, Alice In Chains to name a quick few) so naturally I dig the heavy bassline (Hysteria's has to be second to none) and I like the more epic stuff, Knights of Cydonia is prob the fave of this second.

So anyway, I'm hooked now and am very excited for this show. For those who haven't been to VZW in the Noblesville (used to be called Deer Creek), it's a fantastic venue for acoustics. I prefer it to any venue I've been to for sound. For a show like this, it will be perfect for all but getting the craziest fans in the front. This of course is the big drawback of amphitheaters in general.

So how reliable is Livenation? I'm still kind of skeptical

I've spoken with someone at the venue, and they seem aware that this is an actual gig. Frankly I'm glad this show seems to be a bit under the radar, you know? I'm not keen the fact that there's no GA, and it's gonna be a bitch to get tix. The fewer people that know on Friday morning the better!

PS I am late to the Muse frey, after a few years of my brother telling me I'd probably dig them if I gave them a chance, I finally heard 3 albums in a row while putting in a wood floor last fall with my buddies and was very intrigued. Since then I've spent many a hours checking out the stuff on Youtube, (the live Wembley stuff is fantastic) got hooked and am in the process of picking up the whole catalog. For a little more on me, my fave music for about 16 years running has been melodic thrash and metal (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Opeth, Alice In Chains to name a quick few) so naturally I dig the heavy bassline (Hysteria's has to be second to none) and I like the more epic stuff, Knights of Cydonia is prob the fave of this second.

So anyway, I'm hooked now and am very excited for this show. For those who haven't been to VZW in the Noblesville (used to be called Deer Creek), it's a fantastic venue for acoustics. I prefer it to any venue I've been to for sound. For a show like this, it will be perfect for all but getting the craziest fans in the front. This of course is the big drawback of amphitheaters in general.

Welcome to the Muse forum! :) Where did you hear about this gig? We're all a bit perplexed because it was just a rumor for a couple of months, and then all of a sudden it shows up on Livenation's calendar with no confirmation from the band, and it hasn't shown up in the News threads here.

I'm going to be driving to this gig and then up to Chicago for Lolla and I'd be happy to transport a few Musers up with me if anyone's interested.

Yay, I hope I finally meet you! :) I'm so excited about this gig because I'm not going to any others.

Frankly I'm glad this show seems to be a bit under the radar, you know? I'm not keen the fact that there's no GA, and it's gonna be a bitch to get tix. The fewer people that know on Friday morning the better!

:yesey: QFT

I'm so excited about this gig because I'm not going to any others.

Same here. I am looking forward to a Muser meet-up in Indy! :musesign:

Welcome to the Muse forum! :) Where did you hear about this gig? We're all a bit perplexed because it was just a rumor for a couple of months, and then all of a sudden it shows up on Livenation's calendar with no confirmation from the band, and it hasn't shown up in the News threads here.

Our local paper the Indianapolis Star revealed it online yesterday. http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011105100366

Archived