Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

Hmm..........

:LOL:

She may end up thanking you though if your bootleg is as good as you say it'll be. :)

haha well I try to make sure I am not blocking anyone's view... I don't hold ny camera high at all, so I am pretty sure I wasn't bothering anyone behind me. it is a valid complaint about the people holding their cameras up, but at the same time it's not different than people that fist pump the whole show. however people want to enjoy themselves is fine with me (besides excessive loud screaming during songs when it is uncalled or)

Great show. First time I've seen them live and I'm very impressed.

Cage was great too.

I'm a little surprised they didn't play until 11pm though. Pretty short set.

I will say that it was the fastest Ive ever seen set up go for a Muse show, testing the instruments, video cameras, lights. Everything seem to flow flawlessly from the technical stand point. Cage ended around 8:30 and Muse was on at 9 if Im not mistaken.

I will say that it was the fastest Ive ever seen set up go for a Muse show, testing the instruments, video cameras, lights. Everything seem to flow flawlessly from the technical stand point. Cage ended around 8:30 and Muse was on at 9 if Im not mistaken.

Sean! It was great experiencing Muse with you. Killer seats, great company. ;)

There was one riff Matt played (and maybe the rest of the band, the night is quite the blur :p ) that wasn't one of their usual. It wasn't the Hendrix, AC/DC, or Rage riff(s). It wasn't Endless Nameless, either. It sounded great and I'd love to know what it was. It'll help if/when someone gets a bootleg of the audio up somewhere.

haha well I try to make sure I am not blocking anyone's view... I don't hold ny camera high at all, so I am pretty sure I wasn't bothering anyone behind me. it is a valid complaint about the people holding their cameras up, but at the same time it's not different than people that fist pump the whole show. however people want to enjoy themselves is fine with me (besides excessive loud screaming during songs when it is uncalled or)

I enjoy your bootlegs so keep it up, dude. I listen to the Prudential Center bootleg once in a while to relive the experience of the totally unexpected Citizen Erased!

We might have been row G...it was F or G...but they weren't our original seats. Seats 5 and 6. We were on the left of some really tall guys (one had a derby hat on). I was the shorter chick with multi-colored hair jumping around with my hands up. My friend was the hispanic girl in a Gryffindor shirt.

Haha, I think you were in the same row just further down, towards the end. Were you next to some people who came down from the lawn, after someone gave them "upgraded" tickets? I was talking to them for a bit, they got lucky as hell to suddenly get VIP treatment. :D

I don't hold ny camera high at all, so I am pretty sure I wasn't bothering anyone behind me. it is a valid complaint about the people holding their cameras up, but at the same time it's not different than people that fist pump the whole show.
Agreed. I take a ton of pictures, but I'm not an ass about it - where there's a will there's a way. It's all about respect. :)

Haha, I think you were in the same row just further down, towards the end. Were you next to some people who came down from the lawn, after someone gave them "upgraded" tickets? I was talking to them for a bit, they got lucky as hell to suddenly get VIP treatment. :D

Don't know if the guys next to us got upgraded. I wish I would have been more social and less OMG SQUEE SILLY GIRL and maybe I'd remember people better. :LOL:

Met the lead singer of the Shackeltons last night, though. He was the guy in the white T and a weird cap with chop sideburns. He and the singer for Middle Class Rut were in front of us for a while during Muse.

I was right behind what seemed to be a father and son duo, and from the dad's reactions I think that was his first Muse show, and he was loving it. At one point, maybe after B&H, he turned to (what I think was) his son and says "HOLY SHIT!" :) I love genuine reactions like that.

That would be me...the old fart...lol. I'm a huge music fan, been going to gigs since before you were born so go clean your room or something! Just kidding and I am a kid still at heart, but appreciate the call out man. yes, it was my first Muse show. and yes, I was loving the fukin shit out of it.

Great show for the crowd and great crowd of those who bothered to show.

That would be me...the old fart...lol. I'm a huge music fan, been going to gigs since before you were born so go clean your room or something! Just kidding and I am a kid still at heart, but appreciate the call out man. yes, it was my first Muse show. and yes, I was loving the fukin shit out of it.
:cool: I'm no spring chicken either, my friend! :D I was really glad to see that you were enjoying it just as much as everyone else in our section. I think all the real fans of live music (who are not just there to hang out and chat with their friends) have that same "HOLY SHIT!" audible reaction that you did when they first see these guys kill it on stage. I know I did!! So when you said that, I laughed because it took me back to my first Muse show, when I said "HOLY SHIT!" to my two buddies, who immediately said the same thing right back at me. It is a pure, knee-jerk reaction. :)

On the opposite end of the spectrum, while I was leaving there were two like 10 or 12 year olds walking out with what I assumed was their parents, and they were wide-eyed at what just happened. Their dad was all "So, did you guys like your first concert?" and as they groggily nodded you could tell that they were totally shell-shocked at their first encounter with tinnitus. :LOL: That was awesome as well.

It takes a special kind of power to rock the socks of all ages off. This band has oodles of it.

I thought it was really cool much of the crowd was singing alon to tiro ad butterflies and hurricanes from the first verse. I hAdnt seen that at any previous gigs. maybe there's something to muse gigs havin seating up front, haha. people are less focused on keeping their spots and more focused on enjoying.

I only have a couple of shows under my Muser belt, but this was SO much different than Cincinnati. The guys were energetic and connecting with the crowd a lot more. It felt like a really chill, intimate atmosphere.

I blame the huge tower stage setup from TR tour for that disconnect in Cincy. :LOL:

Maybe it's because I was so much closer to the stage, but I was totally surrounded by fans who were just enjoying watching the guys kill it yet again. I was jumping around with total strangers, but at that moment we were united in Muse. Total zen moment.

Whatever you want to say about setlists, it was leaps and bounds better than anything I've ever been to...EVER.

...while I was leaving there were two like 10 or 12 year olds walking out with what I assumed was their parents, and they were wide-eyed at what just happened. Their dad was all "So, did you guys like your first concert?" and as they groggily nodded you could tell that they were totally shell-shocked at their first encounter with tinnitus. :LOL: That was awesome as well.

It takes a special kind of power to rock the socks of all ages off. This band has oodles of it.

Because of an overall amazing alignment..very short tour, a little cooler night, just a lot of great energy all around, those kids are probably going to spend a long time looking for something as good as last night. But what an awesome way to start!

Through 40 years starting with me as one of those kids seeing Neil Diamond (who could carry the energy at least in the same ballpark as Matt back then), Zepplin and Genisis V1 and V2 and Eagles and Blue Oyster Cult, Elton, Mellencamp and many, many others, last night was one of the best shows I have ever seen. You are absolutely right, a very special power.

This was everything I hoped for and more. Btw, it was my son's first live Muse immersion too and he was just as blown away as I was!

I'm back at home in reality now. Ho hum. I've been going over my pics, and put some of the best ones in Photobucket here: http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/ab157/violetjohnson39/Muse-Noblesville%208-3-11/

I was so happy to finally meet you, although I feel like I already knew you from my online world. ;) Your photos are WONDERFUL!!! I should have been getting tips from you. I hope I wasn't too obnoxious with my, ahem, enthusiasm. Glad you made it home safely.

I had an amazing time in Indy, but much of that has to do with spending time with my Muser friends and meeting new ones. We are a friendly bunch! I'm still running on fumes but wanted to share my overall impression of the show. I think Exo is an odd opening, especially without the towers. The guys were just standing around Dom's drums, not really much of a 'wow' factor. (It takes huge cajones to open LA Rising with that because I'd think that crowd would think :wtf:) Seeing B&H live made my night--it was that good. I really thought we had the best shot at getting some OoS, being that we were the only stand-alone Muse gig. Once I heard CE being soundchchecked, Muse-logic told me we probably wouldn't get it. If only that held true for GL, which just made me :LOL: after B&H. Dom and Chris looked really bored during GL, which is understandable, but I did enjoy the fireworks visuals. When SS closed the main set, I dared to hope that Muse would defy their twisted logic and open the encore with CE. Nope, we got a short encore but I always enjoy KOC as a closer. I had the best time and don't think Muse could ever put on a bad show. But...if I had gone to Indy strictly for the show alone, I think I would have left disappointed. It was still a TR tour setlist and I think they should have pulled out something special for their only stand alone date. When are they planning to rehearse OoS?

I was sitting right behind the computer guys and could read the setlist, and I was really hoping the encore wouldn't be on there, but when they closed after SS, I knew it was only Plug in Baby and Knights of Cydonia left. My friend that came with me wasn't a Muse fan, but she immediately fell in love with Dom and proclaimed herself a new-found Muse fan once the show was done. :LOL:

I was so happy to finally meet you, although I feel like I already knew you from my online world. ;) Your photos are WONDERFUL!!! I should have been getting tips from you. I hope I wasn't too obnoxious with my, ahem, enthusiasm. Glad you made it home safely.

I had an amazing time in Indy, but much of that has to do with spending time with my Muser friends and meeting new ones. We are a friendly bunch! I'm still running on fumes but wanted to share my overall impression of the show. I think Exo is an odd opening, especially without the towers. The guys were just standing around Dom's drums, not really much of a 'wow' factor. (It takes huge cajones to open LA Rising with that because I'd think that crowd would think :wtf:) Seeing B&H live made my night--it was that good. I really thought we had the best shot at getting some OoS, being that we were the only stand-alone Muse gig. Once I heard CE being soundchchecked, Muse-logic told me we probably wouldn't get it. If only that held true for GL, which just made me :LOL: after B&H. Dom and Chris looked really bored during GL, which is understandable, but I did enjoy the fireworks visuals. When SS closed the main set, I dared to hope that Muse would defy their twisted logic and open the encore with CE. Nope, we got a short encore but I always enjoy KOC as a closer. I had the best time and don't think Muse could ever put on a bad show. But...if I had gone to Indy strictly for the show alone, I think I would have left disappointed. It was still a TR tour setlist and I think they should have pulled out something special for their only stand alone date. When are they planning to rehearse OoS?

So great to finally meet you too! :) And of course your enthusiasm is normal! I felt a bit silly being so overly-enthusiastic with my rocking out since we were in seats. :$ But I think the crowd seemed pretty good, considering there was no pit. At least everyone seemed to be on their feet.

I've long given up trying to understand Muse's setlists! :LOL: But just the meetup alone was worth the trip!

Had an awesome time meeting you all! My dad and I loved the show, his favourites were Exo, Hysteria, and SS. As for myself hearing B&H get played made my year! In retrospect I also found it highly ironic that GL Helsinki Jam, and CE were soundchecked, and only CE didnt get played :p It was great to hear CE during that soundcheck though, and as I was listening to other performances of it on my iPod, i couldn't help but think that it sounded nicer yesterday than it ever has. The guitar towards the end of the song before the piano bit sounded absolutely beautiful, more so than usual, and as i listen back to the recording I have on my phone I'm really liking the piano chords he was playing afterwards...perhaps those are the piano chords that Dom mentioned in some interview about the new album (he mentioned that matt had been fooling around with ideas a bit). Anyways....great show! Hope that everyone going to Lolla tomorrow has a fantastic time and I'll be so happy for you all if they throw us a bone for once and play something from OoS! I'll see everyone again next tour for sure! And next time I'll be with a few people equally as enthusiastic as me!

Finally I can write something! (free wifi at hotel in Chicago)

WHAT A GIG!! The boys were absolutely amazing last night! So much energy, smiles, Matt chatted! And holy hell we got B&H which was.. Just... Incredible!!! I got tons of pics as well as shots of Dom watching Middle Class Rut - he noticed that I was taking pics of him and he didn't look impressed about it lol I felt like a creepy stalker fan girl.

[

MUCH more to come... I uploaded my FLAC audio bootleg to Musebootlegs and dimeadozen, as well as MP3 version to Muselive. I'll post links in the bootleg forum when they are validated at muselive.

Thank you so much! A treat!

Edit: Just watched your videos - BEAUTIFUL. The audio esp. is amazing. Pro-like. Thanks. Hope the boys keep it up for OSL!! Matt's in great voice. It's funny how something subtle they do makes a world of difference between my last sad Sacramento experience vs. what I see. Here Matt is like "Let me show you what an amazing time we can give you"

Archived