Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

Well, that set was awful.

WERE U there? I was and let me say it was one of the best performances I have

seen from them in the last few years. Not to mention the whole vibe of the crowd

and the people were great. There were like older people, and I mean late 40's to

60 year olds around me and my Girlfriend that had on older Muse Tour shirts from

the early 2000's. Plus there were younger people, but a lot of older people that

were die hard fans. You should have seen the look on this woman's face (had

to be at least mid 50's) when Matt walked out on the stage. It was like she

was seeing the Beatles in 1964 or Elvis in his hey day.. the smile on her face

was wide and big.

I drove all the way from New York to Indiana to see them at a week's notice because

I got word that it was going to be a small crowd, because there were still so many

tickets available with a week to go. And the article I posted from the local newspaper

said only 8,282 people were in the crowd. When is the next time Muse is going

to play for less then 10 thousand people?

It was a great show with a intimate performance and the guys sounded great and

the mix was perfect. I heard from other people way back on the lawn that the sound

was perfect also. I had great seats in Matt's section about 8 rows back, but for 20

dollar lawn tickets a lot of people were closer then most people will be able to get

at the Big Festivals.

As far as I am concern Muse has been playing pretty much the same set list

as a lot of these recent shows, but I am telling you those guys were on that night

in Indiana. Matt looked like a kid in a Candy store!

Yeah I am finding some GREAT footage of this gig... Considering how great the show was, the bootleg sounds, and these videos look... I am highly considering making a multicam DVD.

:awesome:

Did anyone else think Middle Class Rut really sucked though?:$ Like at first I felt kinda bad for them because their mic didn't work for 1 and 1/2 songs and that hardly anyone stood up for them. But then I realized I really just wasn't enjoying the at all. And I thought it was really rude how the drummer started to cuss us out for just sitting there.

I spent most of their set watching Dom on the side of the stage! :LOL:

Lolla may have overshadowed this gig for me, but it was still absolutely amazing - the boys were on fire, and of course FINALLY getting B&H - that's a moment I'll never forget. I was so in shock I couldn't even sing at first; just stood there shaking and crying! :LOL:

Got tonnes of pics that I hope to have up later - will post a link when I get them uploaded!

Hi, I'm Kate from Miami- met some of you in Indy, before the gig & at Moe's after.

:D

Just got home last nite, so here are my Indy photos. First 2 are Middle Class Rut & Cage the Elephant. Was in Section F, so not the clearest photos ever. Will post better ones in Lolla thread, where I had barrier, Matt side.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.254594557898155.70100.100000428390415&l=6e8710db51&type=1

Hi, I'm Kate from Miami- met some of you in Indy, before the gig & at Moe's after.

:D

Just got home last nite, so here are my Indy photos. First 2 are Middle Class Rut & Cage the Elephant. Was in Section F, so not the clearest photos ever. Will post better ones in Lolla thread, where I had barrier, Matt side.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.254594557898155.70100.100000428390415&l=6e8710db51&type=1

Great pics!

I love this one! Looks like Matt is shooting lasers with his hand.

226020_254596111231333_100000428390415_986181_7526632_n.jpg

Hello everyone! This is actually my first post but...

I got into a little bit of Muse a while ago thanks to Pandora, and more so because of Uprising. I absolutely love love Time is Running Out, and when I heard Muse was coming to Indy, I was SO excited just because I could see that song live lol!! I NEVER imagined the concert would be as epic as it was. Definitely the best concert I've ever been to, and probably ever will be to. I've been trying to "catch up" on all their older stuff, and I wish I had listened to more of it before I went to the concert. Definitely didn't appreciate Butterflies and Hurricanes like I should have...

The past week I've pretty much been trying to "ween" myself off of Muse..definitely going through a Post-Concert Depressive Disorder type thing :-P. Plus my friends are probably annoyed that I keep trying to get them to listen to Muse. I think someone mentioned this earlier, about how most people in Indiana love crappy rock (or country). It's sad the crowd was pretty small, but from what everyone else has said, I feel so blessed to have attended this concert! Even though the crowd was fairly tiny for a big venue, everyone was awesome. Awesome age-make up, everyone was into it....ahh I just want to go back.

ANYWAY enough crazy rambling :)

If someone makes a DVD of this, I would die happy.

Hello peepz... it's been a heck of a week! This gig was great. It was weird to be seated and so close to the stage, but the atmosphere was amazing and their energy was very high. I loved it, even if it is all a blur at this point because of plooza. I'll probably post more later :$

I haven't gotten around to uploading any pics yet, but I do have vids so I thought I'd share! I only got full song vids of Map and B&H, but I have about 25mins worth of clips from other songs that I put into two compilations. They're not my best vids, but I love them all :awesome:

Map (Full song)

B&H (Full song)

Snippets part 1:

Snippets part 2:

Matt was a bit chatty, I managed to record him telling us it was hot there and calling us ah-sum :LOL: Also, note the end of KoC when Matt puts his guitar down on top of the amp, fixes the strap and then pats it a couple of times. I don't know why, but that cracked me up ;)

Enjoy! :)

Oh, I also have some soundcheck vids, but the sound is mostly overwhelmed by the wind. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bother putting them on youtube :$

I was really hoping there would be a decent soundcheck vid. :supersad:

did you see the vid I put on fb? That's basically what mine sound like. You can hear the music, but the wind overwhelms it. So disappointing, but not surprised - I was worried about the wind even as we were standing there...

I wonder if I could somehow mess with the sound levels to fix it...?

Hello peepz... it's been a heck of a week! This gig was great. It was weird to be seated and so close to the stage, but the atmosphere was amazing and their energy was very high. I loved it, even if it is all a blur at this point because of plooza. I'll probably post more later :$

I haven't gotten around to uploading any pics yet, but I do have vids so I thought I'd share! I only got full song vids of Map and B&H, but I have about 25mins worth of clips from other songs that I put into two compilations. They're not my best vids, but I love them all :awesome:

Map (Full song)

B&H (Full song)

Snippets part 1:

Snippets part 2:

Matt was a bit chatty, I managed to record him telling us it was hot there and calling us ah-sum :LOL: Also, note the end of KoC when Matt puts his guitar down on top of the amp, fixes the strap and then pats it a couple of times. I don't know why, but that cracked me up ;)

Enjoy! :)

Oh, I also have some soundcheck vids, but the sound is mostly overwhelmed by the wind. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bother putting them on youtube :$

Thank you so much for the videos ! I was delighted to see them all. They're awesome. :eek:

did you see the vid I put on fb? That's basically what mine sound like. You can hear the music, but the wind overwhelms it. So disappointing, but not surprised - I was worried about the wind even as we were standing there...

I wonder if I could somehow mess with the sound levels to fix it...?

No, I didn't see it. Was it in the Indy group? Too bad about the wind. :fear:

Thank you so much for the videos ! I was delighted to see them all. They're awesome. :eek:

thanks! glad you enjoyed them :)

No, I didn't see it. Was it in the Indy group? Too bad about the wind. :fear:

No, it was just on my wall... but that was actually the worst one. The CE ones have some good parts, if you ignore the wind. I have 7 separate vids that I linked together (bits of GL and Helsinki jam, first half of CE, Piano part of CE, Matt's random playing and then 2 clips of BiB), all total it's over 6mins of windy goodness... I'll post the video here when it finishes. It's not the best, but it brings back great memories :awesome:

EDIT:

Here's the soundcheck vid, in all it's windy glory lol

xrtUtn9oTuE

Archived