Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

Thank you so much! A treat!

Edit: Just watched your videos - BEAUTIFUL. The audio esp. is amazing. Pro-like. Thanks. Hope the boys keep it up for OSL!! Matt's in great voice. It's funny how something subtle they do makes a world of difference between my last sad Sacramento experience vs. what I see. Here Matt is like "Let me show you what an amazing time we can give you"

Thanks! More videos to come for sure, I plan on uploading all songs... just takes a while hehe.

This Indy gig reminded me of why I love this band... simply mindblowing. Their Sacramento show was a great show, but it lacked the energy this one had for sure. It isn't just about setlist (example, this indy show was the same length) it is about the feel of the show. This was probably my favorite Muse gig, and that is surely saying a lot, with Wembley and LA Rising in the mix.

I found this Stockholm vid (the actual song starts about 1:30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo2ZlEEr8dc&feature=related

Not sure who recorded it, if they're on here. Helsinki Jam is also on their channel.

Man, SS just gets me every time...

Yeah I am finding some GREAT footage of this gig... Considering how great the show was, the bootleg sounds, and these videos look... I am highly considering making a multicam DVD.

Yeah I am finding some GREAT footage of this gig... Considering how great the show was, the bootleg sounds, and these videos look... I am highly considering making a multicam DVD.

Can't wait to see the rest of yours. And I just downloaded your mp3s on Muselive. Thanks! :happy:

*whispers* "If they soundcheck it, they won't play it at the show"

/"Field Of Dreams"

:LOL:

:chuckle: I'm finding it's so true as well. I guess they really do use sound check to just do random rehearsing. I also think maybe they're holding out on the rare OoS songs until R/L. I reckon they'll have time to practice in secrecy before then.

The Verizon Wireless Center released the official count of how many people

were at the Indy show and the count was 8,282 people. It felt like there wasn't

a lot of of people, but only 8,282 kind of surprised the hell out of me. When will

Muse play for less then 10 thousand people again on a Tour??? So glad

I went to this show.

Here is a article about the Muse show, really bad article as far as

comparing Muse to other bands. But great review of the band's performance.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110804/ENTERTAINMENT/108040383/Review-Muse-travels-back-future-Verizon?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Entertainment

Review: Muse travels back to the future at Verizon

The members of Muse portrayed rock 'n' roll archeologists Wednesday night at Verizon Wireless Music Center, gliding across striations of influence and slightly debunking the band's futurist reputation.

Vocalist-guitarist Matthew Bellamy, drummer Dominic Howard and bass player Christopher Wolstenholme don't conceal their affection for fellow English band Queen, which made crowd-pleasing stadium rock in the 1970s and '80s.

Queen's video for "Radio Ga Ga" -- memorable for its crowd unified in rhythmic clapping -- provides an audience-participation template for Muse concerts.

Meanwhile, several songs at Verizon resembled slow-motion remixes of "We Are the Champions."

When Muse isn't rallying its fans, the trio can be as coolly detached as Pink Floyd. The show began with "Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1 (Overture)," which appears on 2010 album "The Resistance" but resembles an outtake from Floyd's iconic 1973 release, "The Dark Side of the Moon."

Blood coursed, however, when Bellamy drew on the primal boogie of Led Zeppelin.He summoned riffs from "Heartbreaker" and "Whole Lotta Love" at different junctures of the show.

And when Bellamy sought moments of unhinged virtuosity, he approximated segments of Eddie Van Halen's "Eruption" and Jimi Hendrix's "Voodoo Child (Slight Return)."

It added up to a wealth of nostalgia for Muse, commonly thought to be a shiny sci-fi act.

Visually, Muse's production seemed to intentionally convey yesteryear's ideas of the future.

Honeycomb clusters of video screens were subdivided into grids of small squares, implying pixilated resolution at times and offering black and white images at others.

Lasers in green, red and blue shot into the audience during two songs, and the effect was worth repeating. Laser pinpoints and horizons were visible to all, thanks to fog pumped into the upper pavilion. And the lasers were a good way to attempt to "touch" all 8,282 people in the crowd.

Add clear Plexiglas serving as the lid on Bellamy's piano to the lasers and video screens, and Muse took advantage of all the cutting-edge advances available in 1985.

Which isn't to say the looks were cheap or shabby, just over-the-top backdated.

Muse, one of the most popular bands on the planet, doesn't work small. Headed to Chicago to play a top slot on this weekend's Lollapalooza festival, the band delivers "save the world" sentiments and expects fist-pumping in its crowd.

When Bellamy, Howard and Wolstenholme shake off remnants of rock's past, they conjure a fresh equation of dance-friendly rhythms jutting against mournful wails."

Map of the Problematique" and "Resistance's" title track accomplished this, while "Supermassive Black Hole" featured Bellamy's falsetto above Howard and Wolstenholme's agitated funk.

Supporting act Cage the Elephant, led by vocalist Matt Shultz and his habit of spilling white-hot rock 'n' roll wherever he roams, came across as a satisfying contrast to Muse's dogged pursuit of precision.

This is only my second time seeing Muse live and definitely my most favorite out of the 2 gigs so far!! Last time in Chicago I had seats way far in the back and Matt, Chris, and Dom were just tiny little dots on the massive towers. :p But this time I was row K in the center and it was so much better of an experience. I think someone said something like this but it was a lot smaller of a venue than I expected and it felt like a pretty intimate gig which I enjoyed.

Even if the setlist was a pretty standard Resistance tour setlist, seeing Butterflies and Hurricanes live was`awesome!!! And I thought the band had really great energy that night and all the performances of the songs were excellent!

Cage the Elephant was also really great and after seeing them live one I might consider going to one of their own shows!

Did anyone else think Middle Class Rut really sucked though?:$ Like at first I felt kinda bad for them because their mic didn't work for 1 and 1/2 songs and that hardly anyone stood up for them. But then I realized I really just wasn't enjoying the at all. And I thought it was really rude how the drummer started to cuss us out for just sitting there.

But other than that rough beginning it was truly an awesome night!! I got some a couple cool pictures from my phone that I'll upload later!

Here's one of them:

http://i.imgur.com/BDJty.jpg

This is only my second time seeing Muse live and definitely my most favorite out of the 2 gigs so far!! Last time in Chicago I had seats way far in the back and Matt, Chris, and Dom were just tiny little dots on the massive towers. :p But this time I was row K in the center and it was so much better of an experience. I think someone said something like this but it was a lot smaller of a venue than I expected and it felt like a pretty intimate gig which I enjoyed.

Even if the setlist was a pretty standard Resistance tour setlist, seeing Butterflies and Hurricanes live was`awesome!!! And I thought the band had really great energy that night and all the performances of the songs were excellent!

Cage the Elephant was also really great and after seeing them live one I might consider going to one of their own shows!

Did anyone else think Middle Class Rut really sucked though?:$ Like at first I felt kinda bad for them because their mic didn't work for 1 and 1/2 songs and that hardly anyone stood up for them. But then I realized I really just wasn't enjoying the at all. And I thought it was really rude how the drummer started to cuss us out for just sitting there.

But other than that rough beginning it was truly an awesome night!! I got some a couple cool pictures from my phone that I'll upload later!

Here's one of them:

http://i.imgur.com/BDJty.jpg

Yess, middle class Rut was horrible. They were good until his mic came on, my sister and I would look at each other once in a while and just crack up laughing. The drummer saying he wanted to have sex with all of us was funny in my opinion :)

Archived