Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

Last night was great! Yeah, yeah, standard setlist, whatevs. But the band was really on. They were happy, chatty, and the energy was good. I got to see B&H which was a first for me! And a bit bummed they didn't play CE, but since I got the surreal experience of hearing it soundchecked in a corn field with a bunch of lovely Musers, I am happy. :happy:

Gotta go get ready to go to the airport now! It was great meeting a bunch of you!

Seems like a very intimate gig. I'm a little jealous :(.

Tom just tweeted (I know wrong thread but hey):

Im originally from Indy and its your standard outdoor ampitheather - probably 15k.

I put up a post to FB encouraging people to go and get their minds=blown, cause a band like muse will NEVER go back to Indy. Unfortuantely most folks in indy would rather see buckcherry and kid rock.

Looking at these pics, Im a little embarassed for my hometown and muse most certainly wont waste their time doing a gig for a place whos lawn isnt even full.

Plus its in cornfields, hot as shit and daylight til like 9:30pm.

Im originally from Indy and its your standard outdoor ampitheather - probably 15k.

I put up a post to FB encouraging people to go and get their minds=blown, cause a band like muse will NEVER go back to Indy. Unfortuantely most folks in indy would rather see buckcherry and kid rock.

Looking at these pics, Im a little embarassed for my hometown and muse most certainly wont waste their time doing a gig for a place whos lawn isnt even full.

Plus its in cornfields, hot as shit and daylight til like 9:30pm.

i was told capacity is around 25k and attendance was a little less than half last night. not the best... :erm:

Great show! I would've preferred a more intimate setting, but Muse played and sounded immaculate. Wasn't very impressed with Cage's performance which was sad because I adore they're album work. Sabertooth tiger was a treat though! (Go listen to the track if you haven't already.)

Thanks for the memorable show guys! BTW, I'm ready for some new stuff!

P.S. Here's a little something to tide you over until the proper videos pop-up.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150330758392813&comments

i was told capacity is around 25k and attendance was a little less than half last night. not the best... :erm:
The seats/pavilion area was packed, but the lawn was meager at best. It was a nice night, weather-wise, as well. I've been there for many events and the lawn is usually always crowded... I don't know if people just said screw it because they are going to Lolla, or what. Ah well.

Last night was great! Yeah, yeah, standard setlist, whatevs. But the band was really on. They were happy, chatty, and the energy was good. I got to see B&H which was a first for me! And a bit bummed they didn't play CE

I agree with everything you said. I was really hoping to hear CE, but I thought they sounded amazing. And the energy was much better than the Cincinnati and Columbus shows. Was a great night, and hopeful they come back to the Ohio area ( or within 5 hour drive) soon.

Great show! Had a fantastic time and made pwoper Muse fans out of my friends. Don't care if the only songs I hadn't heard live yet were Guiding Light and Butterflies and Hurricanes. Both were performed spectacularly. Great energy from the band. Did anyone record an audio bootleg? My friends are demanding one haha.

Great show! Had a fantastic time and made pwoper Muse fans out of my friends. Don't care if the only songs I hadn't heard live yet were Guiding Light and Butterflies and Hurricanes. Both were performed spectacularly. Great energy from the band. Did anyone record an audio bootleg? My friends are demanding one haha.

I recorded what will no doubt be my best sounding bootleg yet. when I get home I will splice it up and share it in FLAC as well as mp3 format. so sometime tonight or tomorrow :)

Thanks, all! It's my honor to share pics with the true fans here. :cool: I put the Nikon to heavy use since I was in a much better spot for pictures than the shows I went to last year. :)

Where were you sitting? Because it looked like you were exactly where we were! I was in Sec. B, row F.
Ha! Section B row G, seat 8! :D I was the dude with the "Hard Rock Cafe Stockholm" shirt on, for obvious reasons.

I was right behind what seemed to be a father and son duo, and from the dad's reactions I think that was his first Muse show, and he was loving it. At one point, maybe after B&H, he turned to (what I think was) his son and says "HOLY SHIT!" :) I love genuine reactions like that.

And the energy was much better than the Cincinnati and Columbus shows.
Totally agree with this... I think it was because the stage seemed far closer to the fans last night, that allowed the energy just pour out onto us.

Great show! Had a fantastic time and made pwoper Muse fans out of my friends.

I looked for you beforehand, but right before Cage the Elephant we were able to score some seats even closer than our Sec. B, row L tix, so we weren't moving for anything.

Ha! Section B row G, seat 8! :D I was the dude with the "Hard Rock Cafe Stockholm" shirt on, for obvious reasons.

I was right behind what seemed to be a father and son duo, and from the dad's reactions I think that was his first Muse show, and he was loving it. At one point, maybe after B&H, he turned to (what I think was) his son and says "HOLY SHIT!" :) I love genuine reactions like that.

We might have been row G...it was F or G...but they weren't our original seats. Seats 5 and 6. We were on the left of some really tall guys (one had a derby hat on). I was the shorter chick with multi-colored hair jumping around with my hands up. My friend was the hispanic girl in a Gryffindor shirt.

You were probably one of the guys we were talking to... :LOL:

Hmm..........

My only complaints is the amount of people with their phones/cameras/video cameras out recording pretty much the whole time in front of my face. I was about 5 feet from the stage and could barely see anything because of the tall guy in front of me that just _had_ to record the whole show.

I recorded what will no doubt be my best sounding bootleg yet. when I get home I will splice it up and share it in FLAC as well as mp3 format. so sometime tonight or tomorrow :)

:LOL:

She may end up thanking you though if your bootleg is as good as you say it'll be. :)

Archived