Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

Whoop!! :D Well, sorry Lolla fell through, but so glad I'll hopefully get to see you again in Indy! :dance:

:dance: I'll be with Tracy and her crew. I think we are going to have some fun in the city since we don't have to queue. How weird is it that Cage and Muse won't have a pit? :wtf:

:dance: I'll be with Tracy and her crew. I think we are going to have some fun in the city since we don't have to queue. How weird is it that Cage and Muse won't have a pit? :wtf:

At least we'll have time to have fun instead of queuing. (Just looking at the bright side. :rolleyes:) I'm rooming with Ducky, Catherine and Debra at the Drury. Where are you staying?

At least we'll have time to have fun instead of queuing. (Just looking at the bright side. :rolleyes:) I'm rooming with Ducky, Catherine and Debra at the Drury. Where are you staying?

I'm popping in to reply for Christina because I don't think she knows our hotel: we're staying at Cambria Suites. Renee, are you driving up with Mandy?

Sorry- more off-topic car chat :D I bought a 1998 Cavalier in 2001 right after I graduated high school. It had almost 30,000 miles on it. I made multiple cross country trips in it and it's still going strong at over 230,000 miles. My husband drives it to work every day and it runs great. I <3 Cavaliers.

I think we might head out around 11 or midnight as we want to get barrier for Kansas and it's almost a 9-hour drive.

I love my Cavalier. It's a 2004 and it had 48,000 miles on it when I got it two years ago. Now it has over 70,000. :LOL:

My 2003 Cavalier is still in the family - My dad drove it to work for awhile and now has a truck so I sold it to my little cousin - well he is 16 but still little to me! - and he loves it.

SORTA back on topic. And don't throw anything at me but - What is the deal with getting barrier? I know what it is, I know it is a big deal to everyone but I don't get it. I have never been to a HUGE concert before like Lolla or Wembly or MSG. (I live in the middle of North Dakota. The biggest concet that happens close to me is WE Fest and I am not going there...) All of my concerts - even my first Muse show in Cincin - all had seating options. To me, barrier is just a place to bet squished. Enlightenment?

I drove a Cavalier in college, I used to pack people in if for roadtrips :LOL:

Heheheee. BEN used to have a LITTLE ford festiva. We used to call it the Rubbermaid car because he would get into minor accidents or just simply run into things (lightpoles for instance.) and the car would just bounce back all good. One of the first trips we took without parental supervision was Ben and I and two other friends piling ALL of our stuff in the itsy trunk and squeezing in on a roadie to Minneapolis. LOL What a riot!

My 2003 Cavalier is still in the family - My dad drove it to work for awhile and now has a truck so I sold it to my little cousin - well he is 16 but still little to me! - and he loves it.

SORTA back on topic. And don't throw anything at me but - What is the deal with getting barrier? I know what it is, I know it is a big deal to everyone but I don't get it. I have never been to a HUGE concert before like Lolla or Wembly or MSG. (I live in the middle of North Dakota. The biggest concet that happens close to me is WE Fest and I am not going there...) All of my concerts - even my first Muse show in Cincin - all had seating options. To me, barrier is just a place to bet squished. Enlightenment?

If I'm doing pit I want barrier for a couple of reasons- it's something to hold on to so I keep my spot, security is right there if you need them, and I'm able to actually see the concert. I'm 5'4" and my first Muse concert was in Vegas at a really small radio show. I was only back about 10 feet from the barrier and I was pushed all over the place, had sweaty armpits literally pressed against my face :noey: , got headbutted by some drunk dude moshing (which almost made me black out), and generally couldn't see because there were so many tall people and/or people holding up cameras. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it and I'm in no way complaining. But, given the choice I will always pick barrier. Maybe the shows I've had barrier on have been tame, but being squished has never been a problem & whenever the pushing got intense I would just brace my forearms agains the rail to protect my ribs. Sorry for the superlong answer. :$

Just got the email from Concertmaps. Indy tickets on the way! :D

OF COURSE they send them now... right when Canada Post isn't delivering due to lockouts. :rolleyes: Fuckity fuck. At least there's plenty of time before the show, but still, can't help but worry about them getting lost in the backlog. Hope the government gets on that back-to-work legislation they were talking about soon!!

If I'm doing pit I want barrier for a couple of reasons- it's something to hold on to so I keep my spot, security is right there if you need them, and I'm able to actually see the concert. I'm 5'4" and my first Muse concert was in Vegas at a really small radio show. I was only back about 10 feet from the barrier and I was pushed all over the place, had sweaty armpits literally pressed against my face :noey: , got headbutted by some drunk dude moshing (which almost made me black out), and generally couldn't see because there were so many tall people and/or people holding up cameras. Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it and I'm in no way complaining. But, given the choice I will always pick barrier. Maybe the shows I've had barrier on have been tame, but being squished has never been a problem & whenever the pushing got intense I would just brace my forearms agains the rail to protect my ribs. Sorry for the superlong answer. :$

I agree. You can keep your spot easier on the barrier, you can see better, and its awesome to be up front near the stage. I used to not get it either, but once you do it its barrier or bust. ;)

OF COURSE they send them now... right when Canada Post isn't delivering due to lockouts. :rolleyes: Fuckity fuck. At least there's plenty of time before the show, but still, can't help but worry about them getting lost in the backlog. Hope the government gets on that back-to-work legislation they were talking about soon!!

oh shit. :( I hope you get them.

Stupid Canadian postal strike.. Y U happen when Muse tickets are getting mailed?!?

They better clear this up fast.

Don't worry! The Canada Post mail strike is dumb! All they're doing right now is only delivering the mail 3 times a week, so on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's you should receive your mail as usual :)

So I emailed Concertmaps to ask them what would happen if the lockout lasted a while, or if the tickets didn't get to us on time because of the backlog. They said if they're not received by the 27th of July, to call them and they'll make arrangements for the tickets to be reprinted and left at will call for us (which would be the case for anyone that didn't receive theirs by then, not just us Canadians dealing with this damn postal service crap!).

Archived