Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

I think I would go with Sec. A because that's not very far back, and not at too much of an angle. The Section F is in the center, but it's pretty far back and kind of "up in the stands." Just my opinion. ;)

Thanks for the advice! I just got seats on the side. I'm sooooo exited for this! :D

I had not even heard that they were playing in Indy until a couple of weeks ago. And that I just moved to the Cincinnati area 1 year ago, so excited to see them for the 3rd time in 10 months ( Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis). The Cincy and Columbus play lists were very similiar, so I am all for a unique set list.

Haha ya the only difference between Cincy and Columbus was replacing Feeling Good with Ruled by Secrecy. Columbus definitely got the better end of that deal. I'm sure we'll hear a few different songs but I don't have high hopes for something completely original.

This whole thing is way too mysterious. I'm just so glad now I did okay on Thursday, because Fri/Sat. sucked donkey balls. Not a single person I know of was able to get Orch. tix, or any in section A B or C closer than about row L.

Three scenarios that I can see:

1. Scalpers/Stub Hub, etc.... have somehow gotten their sleazy hands on the best tix.

2. There ARE no seats in that area and Muse's set will take up more area than what is pictured on the current map.

3. Muse are going be total douche bags and sell a bunch of GA pit tickets for that front area later on.

:confused:

The major amphitheatre in the Detroit area (DTE/Pine Knob) is notoriously difficult for getting good tickets since many of them are held back for season ticket holders. When it gets closer to crunch time, some unused tickets go up on for sale but it's always a gamble. It's single-handedly the most stressful venue in the state to get good seats.

Maybe this venue in Indianapolis is similar?

It was definitely a pain. No pit tickets and lower sections were crazy expensive for an amphitheater. My tickets for the US Bank Arena in October cost about as much as my lawn tickets for this show did. This show better be something special.

Twice, but it's been a while.

April 8, 2000 - Bloomington @Indiana University Assembly (supporting Red Hot Chili Peppers & Foo Fighters)

April 24, 2005 - Muncie @Emens Auditorium (MTVu Campus Invasion Tour w/Razorlight)

Setlist from the 2005 show:

Apocalypse Please

Hysteria

Assassin

New Born

Sunburn

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

Exo-Politics

Bliss

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

The Small Print

Stockholm Syndrome

I can't believe some of you are passing up seats toward the back in favor of lawn. Lawn at this venue SUCKS according to my friend that has been there many times. Spend 10 extra bucks and get seats on the Upper Level dead center! It will sound better, and you won't have to fight for a spot/go super early. Remember, you will be contending with 14,000 people fighting for spots instead of the usual 5,000ish, and they will all be more desperate because getting stuck in the back of the lawn is REALLY crappy.

Go on livenation and get yourself some seats. TRUST ME. You will probably never have a chance to have this kind of guaranteed dead center closeness to muse ever again.

EDIT: Also, the lawn isn't covered, so if it is raining, you are effed, and if it had rained that week it'll be a muddy mess.

Twice, but it's been a while.

April 8, 2000 - Bloomington @Indiana University Assembly (supporting Red Hot Chili Peppers & Foo Fighters)

April 24, 2005 - Muncie @Emens Auditorium (MTVu Campus Invasion Tour w/Razorlight)

Setlist from the 2005 show:

Apocalypse Please

Hysteria

Assassin

New Born

Sunburn

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

Exo-Politics

Bliss

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

The Small Print

Stockholm Syndrome

I so wish I knew Muse existed back then. *sigh*

I can't believe some of you are passing up seats toward the back in favor of lawn. Lawn at this venue SUCKS according to my friend that has been there many times. Spend 10 extra bucks and get seats on the Upper Level dead center! It will sound better, and you won't have to fight for a spot/go super early. Remember, you will be contending with 14,000 people fighting for spots instead of the usual 5,000ish, and they will all be more desperate because getting stuck in the back of the lawn is REALLY crappy.

Go on livenation and get yourself some seats. TRUST ME. You will probably never have a chance to have this kind of guaranteed dead center closeness to muse ever again.

Yeah I almost was going to get lawn tickets but instead I got seats because I realized this is a realitively small venue (compared to arenas and stadiums muse plays at) so at least with the seats I'd have a guaranteed spot.

And in case anyone's wondering here's a video I found that shows pretty well the size of the venue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRnPw7yGDo&feature=related

Actually with a capacity of 24,000 - it's probably the largest venue they've ever headlined in North America (non-festival)

It's true that's just a fraction of the size of stadiums that Europe gets. Probably just a matter of time before they attempt a stadium gig or two on these shores.

I pick lawn because I had to buy tickets for my friend too for his birthday. You don't make much money when you go to CCM and work at GameStop. Also, I always get barrier. So even if barrier is right behind the upper section of seats, I'll still have a great view, and the freedom to movie around. Plus I won't have the elderly couple behind me still sitting hissing at me for standing up the whole time. Normally that doesn't happen, but there were a shitload of old people at the Cincy show. I am a concert veteran...I have a plan. :D

Actually with a capacity of 24,000 - it's probably the largest venue they've ever headlined in North America (non-festival)

It's true that's just a fraction of the size of stadiums that Europe gets. Probably just a matter of time before they attempt a stadium gig or two on these shores.

Oh wow I didn't know it had that big of a capacity. I see though that the seating is only 6,000 while the lawn is 18,000 so I guess that's why I thought it was smaller.

I pick lawn because I had to buy tickets for my friend too for his birthday. You don't make much money when you go to CCM and work at GameStop. Also, I always get barrier. So even if barrier is right behind the upper section of seats, I'll still have a great view, and the freedom to movie around. Plus I won't have the elderly couple behind me still sitting hissing at me for standing up the whole time. Normally that doesn't happen, but there were a shitload of old people at the Cincy show. I am a concert veteran...I have a plan. :D

Are there usually 18,000 people to contest with for barrier at shows you go to? Haha, hey, if you are confident in getting barrier then kudos to you. I just think spending the extra 10 bucks to get a seat is a much better choice. To each their own!

Believe me, if I was only buy my ticket, I would have bought a seat for 60 bucks. But I had to buy 2. And yes, I have fought to barrier for everything from Flogging Molly and Slightly Stoopid in clubs, to System of a Down and Disturbed at big arenas and Amphitheaters. I have no problem waiting in line for hours to get a good spot.

Are there usually 18,000 people to contest with for barrier at shows you go to? Haha, hey, if you are confident in getting barrier then kudos to you. I just think spending the extra 10 bucks to get a seat is a much better choice. To each their own!

I highly doubt that the seats in the lawn will sell out. I'll actually be shocked if 9,000 lawn seats sell. That said, I'm very happy with the seat I have in section C.

Sound wise the lawn isn't too bad at Verizon. Tom Petty, Kings of Leon, Oz Fest all sounded good from the lawn over the years. As far as seeing anything Pavilion is obviously the better choice. Lawn I think has only 2 large TV screens. Anyways, I've always done lawn because (A) it was all I could afford in years past and (B) there were certain 'festivities' i enjoyed occurring out there :D

Official stats only said 32,031 across both nights. I'm not sure how it breaks down individually but that would be interesting to know. Wiki says concert capacity at Staples is only 20,000 though.

Staples says more than 20,000 for concerts and boxing. Boxing usually takes up more floor space than a concert. I dunno. Hard to find exact figures for it. But that place is fucking huge and it would not surprise me.

Archived