Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

Anyone coming from Detroit? Or somewhere along the way? (Toledo, Ft Wayne). Would really like to catch a ride or carpool in my car. Please let me know!

Cant wait for the show either way! My first time getting to see Muse!

zomg im so excited for this concert. saw them back in october in cincinnati which was amazing, but it had that generic resistance set list. this time im hoping for moar bliss and CE

do u guys think they will be lame and open with uprising and close with knights as always or switch it up?

oh yea and what do u guys think of the opening bands?

zomg im so excited for this concert. saw them back in october in cincinnati which was amazing, but it had that generic resistance set list. this time im hoping for moar bliss and CE

do u guys think they will be lame and open with uprising and close with knights as always or switch it up?

They will more than likely open with uprising and close with knights as they have been doing for 90% of their shows the last 2 years. I'm just hoping they mix things up in the middle.

I'd love to hear anything uncommon from OoS, especially because they are retiring a bunch of songs.

As far as opening bands, I know Cage the Elephant, some of their stuff is alright. Could be worse. Not sure who else is opening...

ha i didnt enjoy them live that night but i went home and checked out some of their stuff and i kind of liked it.

Their recorded stuff is fine. I honestly didn't have any real issue with them other than I'd never heard of them and all I wanted was to see Muse. :p Since I know and like Cage the Elephant and I've seen Muse before, it'll be awesome to see them open. Middle Class Rut however may not expect a ton of cheers from me. :LOL:

Their recorded stuff is fine. I honestly didn't have any real issue with them other than I'd never heard of them and all I wanted was to see Muse. :p Since I know and like Cage the Elephant and I've seen Muse before, it'll be awesome to see them open. Middle Class Rut however may not expect a ton of cheers from me. :LOL:

I liked Metric opening. I guess it's also because I knew them before hand and had seen them live before.

Cage is really good live. I saw them this spring when Biffy was opening for them. I would say I'm a casual fan of CTE's recorded stuff, but live they were great. It will be interesting to see how much crowd surfing Matt does in this particular venue. He went out 5 times in Louisville (I think). I haven't seen Middle Class Rut live, but the DJs to one of the stations here seem pretty excited about them coming back. I only know the one song that they do.

AHHHH! 2 weeks away from today! im restless with excitement! pleaseeee play bliss

After reading some stuff in the Vicky Cryer thread I think we might have a much better chance of hearing Bliss than I originally thought. Dom also mentioned they were gonna use us to rehearse some songs so we might get even older songs. I hope it's Screenager!

Cage is really good live. I saw them this spring when Biffy was opening for them. I would say I'm a casual fan of CTE's recorded stuff, but live they were great. It will be interesting to see how much crowd surfing Matt does in this particular venue. He went out 5 times in Louisville (I think). I haven't seen Middle Class Rut live, but the DJs to one of the stations here seem pretty excited about them coming back. I only know the one song that they do.

I'm not a big CTE fan, but I don't hate them. Seen them twice and they're decent live, although without Matt, I'd be completely bored. He's pretty entertaining. Opening for Muse in Vegas (Dec '09), he actually walked out on top of the crowd and stood on their hands right next to me. He did a few stage dives and crowd surfed a bit on the other side of the crowd.

I saw Middle Class Rut last December and they fucking rocked! I had only heard one song ("New Low") going in and thought it was okay. I was expecting more of the same, but their other songs are heavier. It's just two guys... one guitarist/singer and a shirtless drummer. Great energy and friendly with the crowd. They were a nice surprise and I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Hey, during the gig, there are usually a couple of forum folks that compile a list of any tweeters that are at the gig that would be tweeting the setlist, pics, or any other interesting tidbits.

So.... if anyone would like to include their Twitter info, I can compile a list and put it in the first post of this thread so while we're partying it up, forum people can follow along better. :)

I'm @violetjohnson39 (Real name is Renee, though. Don't ask.... :$)

I <3 Metric

Me too! I'm sorry I missed them as an opener. We got Passion Pit instead. :rolleyes:

Twitter info, I can compile a list and put it in the first post of this thread so while we're partying it up, forum people can follow along better. :)

I may tweet a few pics, but highly doubt I'll be tweeting the setlist. My twitter name is MoodyJ66.

Me too! I'm sorry I missed them as an opener. We got Passion Pit instead. :rolleyes:

I am so sorry.

Hey, during the gig, there are usually a couple of forum folks that compile a list of any tweeters that are at the gig that would be tweeting the setlist, pics, or any other interesting tidbits.

So.... if anyone would like to include their Twitter info, I can compile a list and put it in the first post of this thread so while we're partying it up, forum people can follow along better. :)

I really wish I'd be tweeting but being from Canada I'd get killed on data charges unless there happens to be a wifi connection there

It will be interesting to see how much crowd surfing Matt does in this particular venue. He went out 5 times in Louisville (I think).

Thanks for this advanced warning! I'm pretty close to the front and now I know to be on the lookout for flying musicians. :LOL:

@violetjohnson39 Renee

I'm addicted to Twitter, and I'll be on my phone a lot during the Musefest. I'm @EllaB_ (don't forget the underscore!), my name is Ellen

Renee, feel free to add me to the list. Not sure how much I'll be tweeting, but you never know. Thanks! @1WickedMuse

Archived