Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

Yea, I'm hoping for a heavy dose of orgin of symmetry (who isn't) since it will be weeks before the grand finale at Reading/Leeds and they may be prepping for it., hyper music, bliss, CE and megalomania would be fantastic. Last two shows (Cinci, Palace @ Auburn Hills) were heavy doses of Resistance so i'm hoping for a bit of a change.

Anyway, surprised no one has mentioned this yet, my sister heard it on the radio here in cinncinati... apparently they will play back in black again but they will hold auditions several weeks at local bars prior to the concert to see who can do the best ACDC vocals. The winner gets to perform back in black @ Indy with Muse. Kind of sucks because I can't sing worth shit, my sister led me on believing I could play piano or something..oh well.

http://purerock96.com/ROCKHEADS/MUSEinINDY/tabid/1916/Default.aspx

i'm confused...does the winner actually perform it with muse on stage or just back stage during the sound check? :confused:

i'm confused...does the winner actually perform it with muse on stage or just back stage during the sound check? :confused:

Pretty sure it's during/after sound check. They make it sound otherwise, but no. Kinda glad, really. I mean, I would rather they use one of those precious spots during the gig for Bliss or CE. ;) Also, that's how they did it at whatever other gig that was.

Edit: Actually, now I'm not sure because of the last sentence: "You'll THEN compete against two other winners from Indy (with MUSE backing you one at a time) and the best of the three getting a MUSE autographed guitar and our undying admiration." It clearly says before that that the winner performs in back after the sound check. I guess the last part is competing for the guitar, but it's confusing as to HOW their competing for the guitar.

Pretty sure it's during/after sound check. They make it sound otherwise, but no. Kinda glad, really. I mean, I would rather they use one of those precious spots during the gig for Bliss or CE. ;) Also, that's how they did it at whatever other gig that was.

Edit: Actually, now I'm not sure because of the last sentence: "You'll THEN compete against two other winners from Indy (with MUSE backing you one at a time) and the best of the three getting a MUSE autographed guitar and our undying admiration." It clearly says before that that the winner performs in back after the sound check. I guess the last part is competing for the guitar, but it's confusing as to HOW their competing for the guitar.

Yeah that was my thoughts about it being during/after sound check. I don't want to hear one song less without Matt's amazing voice! :p

Hey! So, I just got a new job with Delta and I can fly for free. Im def looking at coming to see Muse in Indy! The tickets look kind of bare...anywhere I can look at getting more towards the front of the stage?

Musebay has a few tickets available. I'm actually in Row V and wanting to also see about finding a ticket closer to the stage. Check musebay though and it's totally awesome you can fly for free since u work for Delta, hope you can make it to the Indy gig!

Musebay has a few tickets available. I'm actually in Row V and wanting to also see about finding a ticket closer to the stage. Check musebay though and it's totally awesome you can fly for free since u work for Delta, hope you can make it to the Indy gig!

Yeah. I was looking at going to Reading UK for the festival over there, but I cant get the time off, and Delta doesnt go near there, so thats a shame.

Also for anyone reading this, Im looking at getting a hotel room, and was wondering if anyone wanted to pitch in and share to drive the cost down? I'll gladly sleep on the floor. Im college educated, and not "creepy." Add me on facebook or what not. Thanks guys!

Yeah. I was looking at going to Reading UK for the festival over there, but I cant get the time off, and Delta doesnt go near there, so thats a shame.

Also for anyone reading this, Im looking at getting a hotel room, and was wondering if anyone wanted to pitch in and share to drive the cost down? I'll gladly sleep on the floor. Im college educated, and not "creepy." Add me on facebook or what not. Thanks guys!

That's what they all say :shifty:

My boyfriend and I need a ride from Indy to Chicago whether it is right after the gig or the day after the gig. But if you need people to cut down cost and have space we could also do the transportation from Chicago to Indy. Any help is appreciated! :happy:

My boyfriend and I need a ride from Indy to Chicago whether it is right after the gig or the day after the gig. But if you need people to cut down cost and have space we could also do the transportation from Chicago to Indy. Any help is appreciated! :happy:

I know what you mean. Im hoping the hotel that I end up booking near the venue has a shuttle to the airport and the music center. If not, Im walking 4 miles or so. Not nearly what the Proclaimers had in mind, but it'll do.

That's what they all say :shifty:

Haha...true. But I didnt spend over 40 grand on college, or will take the chance to ruin the an epic Muse evening by being creepy. Seriously, I just want people to hang out with, get a few drinks, share Muse stories and crash on the floor.

Anybody ever been to this venue? I'm getting there really early and might try to find a good spot to hang out and see if I can see anyone arriving. Or scope out the best place to be afterwards for autographs/pics.

I really want to get my OoS cover signed and/or a pic.

I REALLY hope they don't play a generic US set list like they did on the Resistance Tour. Seemed like they played the same songs almost every night, and it wasn't a very good set list. I hope they aren't scared to mix it up in America with "rare" songs. I know A LOT of Musers will be extremely bummed if the set list ends up being the same generic US Resistance Tour set list.

Archived