Indianapolis on Aug. 3, 2011

Furygirl

It'll be as full as Muse gets in the U.S. Probably 18 or 19 songs. The opening acts will probably play for an hour and a half total. Plus the time between sets to set shit up. Then it'll take 45 mins to set up Muse's shit like it did in Cincinnati. :LOL:

Are there usually 18,000 people to contest with for barrier at shows you go to? Haha, hey, if you are confident in getting barrier then kudos to you. I just think spending the extra 10 bucks to get a seat is a much better choice. To each their own!

I was pissed last week for no GA seats on sale for intentions of getting barrier, but it's all good now. It's not like I'm not going to 2 other shows featuring MUSE and this is now the opportunity to possibly skip the opening bands, hang out with fellow musers, and show up in my seat 5 minutes before they go on...:LOL:

I'm in Section A Row V Seat 13, anyone nearby?

I am really excited about the thought that the set is going to be bigger and that is why there is no pit. Means my seats are in fact closer. Was slightly bummed at Row R but now...

Yeah, I noticed that section B encompasses the "pit," and then starts regular seating in row E. So, since I'm Sec B row L...I'm wondering if that means I'm actually only 8 rows back instead of 12! Considering I've never been closer than a full section back, I'm freaking out! :D

It depends on their stage setup, probably. And has 5:30 been posted as the actual start time? With two openers, they'll probably not even start the transition until around 7...so...7:30-ish?

That's assuming that the openers will play around 45 minutes, which is generous, IMO.

Yeah, I noticed that section B encompasses the "pit," and then starts regular seating in row E. So, since I'm Sec B row L...I'm wondering if that means I'm actually only 8 rows back instead of 12! Considering I've never been closer than a full section back, I'm freaking out! :D

I looked at the listing for the Rockstar Mayhem show and for that show they've removed all the seats in the middle of the venue up to Sec B Row N. The seating chart reflects this.

The listing for the Muse show clearly shows specific seats and numbers all the way up to the stage with no evidence of a pit or larger stage in play. I'm assuming the 2-row "orchestra pit" were the $125 tickets, while Sections A, B, and C are $114, and everything else behind those is considerably cheaper.

I'm seeing a lot of different looking seating charts on a google search - I'd just use the official one at Livenation's concert listing.

I'm not sure why Muse neglected to have a GA pit when the venue is clearly capable of accommodating that for other shows. Even the Kings of Leon show is set up with a large Standing Pit area.

I was initially disgusted with the prices for this show, but this venue in general looks to have pretty sickening prices for all shows in the front sections, so that's probably outside of Muse's control.

Ooh, what seat are you? I'm L-15 :)

I'm not sure why Muse neglected to have a GA pit when the venue is clearly capable of accommodating that for other shows. Even the Kings of Leon show is set up with a large Standing Pit area.

I'm guessing it was because Muse mgmt. is very disorganized. We didn't even know about the pre-sale until the day it happened pretty much! Maybe they just assumed the venue had a GA pit all the time. All it would've taken was for Muse to say the word, and there'd be one. It's not the venue that dictates that. Or maybe in the negotiations, they saw GA referring to the lawn, and just assumed it was like a normal GA pit.

I can't remember if I mentioned it here, but in speaking w/ someone at the venue, they said when they have a pit, it has 500 person capacity. They use the orchestra and the "first few rows" of section B. She said the band never said anything about a pit.

Ooh, what seat are you? I'm L-15 :)

:D I think we may have discussed this, but in case not...I'm seats 5-6. I may be selling one if my friend can't come with. I'm not about to miss Muse...even if I'm going solo.

If there's room for a pit, I'm sure there will be a fan-created, spontaneous pit. The real question will be whether they'll sell the seats in the orchestra section so there's room. So far they haven't looked to be available. Perhaps they'll be giveaways or perhaps the stage will be set up in a way that won't allow.

I just know I got the best possible tix I could. What happens next is up to the venue/Muse management.

:D I think we may have discussed this, but in case not...I'm seats 5-6. I may be selling one if my friend can't come with. I'm not about to miss Muse...even if I'm going solo.

Whoops, maybe so. I know the person in seat 20...

Man, I'm terrified between ticket prices and disorganization that this show will be empty. :$

I'm guessing it was because Muse mgmt. is very disorganized. We didn't even know about the pre-sale until the day it happened pretty much! Maybe they just assumed the venue had a GA pit all the time. All it would've taken was for Muse to say the word, and there'd be one. It's not the venue that dictates that. Or maybe in the negotiations, they saw GA referring to the lawn, and just assumed it was like a normal GA pit.

I can't remember if I mentioned it here, but in speaking w/ someone at the venue, they said when they have a pit, it has 500 person capacity. They use the orchestra and the "first few rows" of section B. She said the band never said anything about a pit.

Yeah that all sounds pretty much spot on. I wouldn't be surprised if management either assumed that the venue always had a pit, or maybe was always all reserved seating (a lot of amphitheatres don't have any removable seats), and just didn't bother to look further into it.

If there's room for a pit, I'm sure there will be a fan-created, spontaneous pit. The real question will be whether they'll sell the seats in the orchestra section so there's room. So far they haven't looked to be available. Perhaps they'll be giveaways or perhaps the stage will be set up in a way that won't allow.

The actual Orchestra looks to be only about 4 rows, so too small for a pit. The chairs are bolted to the floor, so unless we smuggle in the right tools, I don't think a fan-made pit will happen. :chuckle:

I also inquired as to WHERE those tickets went since they obviously weren't released at a pre- or general sales. She said they could be for season ticket holders, radio stations, the band, or "any number of things." So yeah, not much help! That's kind of what I was thinking, but why so many? I'm hoping it's just because the stage is so massive it protrudes out into the audience. :awesome:

The actual Orchestra looks to be only about 4 rows, so too small for a pit. The chairs are bolted to the floor, so unless we smuggle in the right tools, I don't think a fan-made pit will happen. :chuckle:

I also inquired as to WHERE those tickets went since they obviously weren't released at a pre- or general sales. She said they could be for season ticket holders, radio stations, the band, or "any number of things." So yeah, not much help! That's kind of what I was thinking, but why so many? I'm hoping it's just because the stage is so massive it protrudes out into the audience. :awesome:

Livenation's map only has it 2 rows, with 20 seats in each row. So with only 40 total seats in the orchestra pit section, I'm not really surprised that no one was able to pull any up. They were likely held back for all the reasons the venue rep said. You typically have to have insane connections to get those kinds seats at these types of venues. Fortunately the angle is slanted so heavily that most seats in the pavilion have great views.

There's gotta be a way to get pit tickets

They were listed as a different price point on livenation and the presale so I'm convinced they are going to be sold, or are already sold out.

I'm trying my best to get as close as possible, but I guess I'm just spoiled as I've been front row both times I've seen them and don't want to settle for less

There's gotta be a way to get pit tickets

They were listed as a different price point on livenation and the presale so I'm convinced they are going to be sold, or are already sold out.

I'm trying my best to get as close as possible, but I guess I'm just spoiled as I've been front row both times I've seen them and don't want to settle for less

There was never a listing for "pit tickets", though, just tickets priced at $125, I don't think anything has ever specified what those $125 tickets are.

Since no one that I have seen has managed to get anything closer than about row L, I'd guess the top tier tickets are for the seats further up front (the orchestra pit, possibly the front rows of A-B-C)

I think if they knew right now there was going to be a pit, the band would have had the tickets in their presale. The fact that they didn't makes me think that there is no plan for a pit yet...

Please be radio station tickets, please be radio station tickets, please be radio station tickets . . .

Archived