for me it's probably:

mirror > ali > white > black > blue > red glitter > rest

with ali i can imagine it weighing quite a bit though :(

Yeah. the ali clad is heavily weight relieved, and it's roughly the same weight as my les paul. (maybe about 9-10lbs.)

Can't imagine what the delorean weighed...although, that's been routed for effects and stuff...

posting from an iPad. LIKE A BOSS.

Yeah. the ali clad is heavily weight relieved, and it's roughly the same weight as my les paul. (maybe about 9-10lbs.)

Can't imagine what the delorean weighed...although, that's been routed for effects and stuff...

posting from an iPad. LIKE A BOSS.

that's heavy man! my parker weighs 7lbs!

but yeah, i make sure all my gadgets on the other side of guitaring (tech, photography etc) is beefed up :D

Is an extra lb or two really that much when you think about it though. Seems wierd to me to see you saying how the MB-1 is only 8lbs but then calling the ali-clad and LPs heavy at 9-10lbs. I'm assuming you'd just get used to it and it wouldn't be an issue. It's not that much of a difference is it? LPs are popular guitars and so if the aluminium only puts it up to about the same weight as that, I don't see a problem. As long as it doesn't feel like you've got a tonne of bricks hanging from your shoulder. Also James, how are you finding the aluminium back of the guitar, not having it contoured or anything. Is it alright? Not unbearably uncomfortable I hope? Just curious...

Also all this talk of iPads reminds me of ages back when someone said something like MB should have an iPad built into one of his guitars, but how it would just end up with people from the board tweeting him on stage asking him to play Escape instead of Feeling Good. :LOL:

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Cheers. Full steam ahead on the planning for the custom then. I just need to figure out this puzzle of getting the Graphtech Ghost system installed in a ZR trem. Once that's solved it should be smooth sailing from there I think.

I dunno, LP's are just known generally as heavy guitars. I guess I'm just used to the MB-1, although every time I try a LP it does seem really, really heavy, especially the Customs...

I'd say my LP standard, which is weight relieved (not chambered) mahogany with a maple top is a tad heavier than the ali clad, but not by far. I think the average weight of these is 9.5lbs or something.

LP customs are heavier though.

Is an extra lb or two really that much when you think about it though. Seems wierd to me to see you saying how the MB-1 is only 8lbs but then calling the ali-clad and LPs heavy at 9-10lbs. I'm assuming you'd just get used to it and it wouldn't be an issue. It's not that much of a difference is it? LPs are popular guitars and so if the aluminium only puts it up to about the same weight as that, I don't see a problem. As long as it doesn't feel like you've got a tonne of bricks hanging from your shoulder. Also James, how are you finding the aluminium back of the guitar, not having it contoured or anything. Is it alright? Not unbearably uncomfortable I hope? Just curious...

Also all this talk of iPads reminds me of ages back when someone said something like MB should have an iPad built into one of his guitars, but how it would just end up with people from the board tweeting him on stage asking him to play Escape instead of Feeling Good. :LOL:

Haha I'm just a pussy in terms of carrying guitars. Parker guitars are always super light and since I've been using it for a few years already I'm just used to light guitars :)

Yeah iPad on guitar was my idea. Though I'm thinking about iPod touch nows given the ipad would need a ridiculous amount of space to be routed. Will be annoying when apple change their sizes and specs though :( but picture wireless midi controller on iPod touch :)

Will need a white iPod touch

Archived