He lost his pedal for MM
Also I heard he lost his guitar for Showbiz

:mad: He's kidding right?! :facepalm::supersad:

Matt, there are music shops all over the world. I have no doubts that you have a decent amount of money available to you. Buy a new goddamn pedal/guitar!! :happy:

For god's sake, I can play Showbiz on my guitar, I'll give it to him if it means he'll play it again.

:mad: He's kidding right?! :facepalm::supersad:

Matt, there are music shops all over the world. I have no doubts that you have a decent amount of money available to you. Buy a new goddamn pedal/guitar!! :happy:

For god's sake, I can play Showbiz on my guitar, I'll give it to him if it means he'll play it again.

:LOL: I was kidding about the guitar, although I think he genuinely cited the lack of pedal as a reason for not playing MM

:LOL: I was kidding about the guitar' date=' although I think he genuinely cited the lack of pedal as a reason for not playing MM[/quote']

:LOL: Oh thank god for that. I guess I can kinda understand a pedal, but that doesn't make me feel any better about him not playing Showbiz. It isn't even like Showbiz is a difficult song to sing. :p

As of January 2010, Howard revealed on TripleJ radio, Australia, he'd like to play the song live again, however, due to Bellamy losing the required (rare) effects pedal for part of the song, it's been left out of rotation so far.

I honestly don't think anyone would care! :facepalm:

Considering the cost of his guitars, and how he regularly gets a few more each couple of years, it does seem ridiculous. I think it just boils down to what they want to do. If he wanted to play it, he could, without this particular pedal or whatever. The same goes for every other song in their discography that doesn't get played live.

Ha, yep, exactly what was said above, in my opinion.

I always thought it was really obvious he just didn't want to play it?

I agree.

But then why make up such a shit excuse? It's like he wasn't even trying. "Yeah, I don't want to play the song, but instead of just saying it I'll show my contempt for the fans by making up an excuse that's completely bollocks and that only stupid people will fall for, i.e. the fans."

Edited by Dee3Dee

since to me, this seems to be the first tour with widespread discontent in regards to setlists and amount of songs played, i would imagine itd be tough to get a barometer on such a thing until this summer circuit is over and their next tour starts. or i could be totally wrong

So, with the OoS gigs now confirmed to be featuring OoS from top to bottom at Reading/Leeds, do we think the US fans attending Muse shows between now and then going to be treated to a few rarities? Dead Star, Space Dementia, Hyper Music, maybe a bit of Showbiz? :)

So, with the OoS gigs now confirmed to be featuring OoS from top to bottom at Reading/Leeds, do we think the US fans attending Muse shows between now and then going to be treated to a few rarities? Dead Star, Space Dementia, Hyper Music, maybe a bit of Showbiz? :)

Maybe some from OoS, but I wouldn't expect much, if any from Showbiz. I think the few songs that ever got played at gigs that were from Showbiz are about to become very few and far between.

Maybe some from OoS, but I wouldn't expect much, if any from Showbiz. I think the few songs that ever got played at gigs that were from Showbiz are about to become very few and far between.

I had a feeling that was the case, but it seems a shame to just let them disappear.

I had a feeling that was the case, but it seems a shame to just let them disappear.

It is sad to see them disappear (I presume we're talking about Showbiz songs?) but then they didn't like a lot of them bar a couple (Sunburn, Showbiz and Unintended...and MM and Cave to an extent I guess) so I doubt they'd wanna do a gig like this for them

Half the reason I think they're doing these OoS gigs is probably just to shut up fans demanding OoS rarities once and for all by delivering them all on a plate (even the one Chris hates) for a final time before retiring them

If we're not talking about that feel free to ignore me

It is sad to see them disappear (I presume we're talking about Showbiz songs?) but then they didn't like a lot of them bar a couple (Sunburn, Showbiz and Unintended...and MM and Cave to an extent I guess) so I doubt they'd wanna do a gig like this for them

Half the reason I think they're doing these OoS gigs is probably just to shut up fans demanding OoS rarities once and for all by delivering them all on a plate (even the one Chris hates) for a final time before retiring them

No, you seem to have hit the nail on the head... :LOL:

• 4 weeks later...

Probably :LOL:

Not sure why this thread is full of complaining, though. I feel like if people aren't happy with the setlists, they should stop checking the setlists or even going to the gigs. I mean I personally would rather hear songs from Showbiz or OoS, but I'm gonna take what I can get. I feel privileged to have heard, among other things, CE, B&H, Map, RbS, etc. Sure, I'm upset that they're continually becoming rarer, but I really don't think we should have a massive whinefest. Not every band loves the music they've made, and tbh they probably don't know just how much we all want to hear the rarities. They're probably noticing that as they evolve, they continue to gain popularity, so they most likely figure they should just keep doing what they're doing.

But idk, just my opinion, you can all attack me if you want. :erm:

Not sure why this thread is full of complaining, though. I feel like if people aren't happy with the setlists, they should stop checking the setlists or even going to the gigs. I mean I personally would rather hear songs from Showbiz or OoS, but I'm gonna take what I can get. I feel privileged to have heard, among other things, CE, B&H, Map, RbS, etc. Sure, I'm upset that they're continually becoming rarer, but I really don't think we should have a massive whinefest. Not every band loves the music they've made, and tbh they probably don't know just how much we all want to hear the rarities. They're probably noticing that as they evolve, they continue to gain popularity, so they most likely figure they should just keep doing what they're doing.

It's worth mentioning that pretty much 99% of the people who saw them from 2009 - summer of 2010 didn't get CE, B&H, or RBS. And MotP wasn't exactly a staple either. I can understand lack of Showbiz. Frankly lots of bands eventually grow to dislike their debut album. But they still have 4 more albums. Even if they hate half those songs it still doesn't make up for the lack of variation.

To give an example in this thread, people were saying a few posts back that R+L would shut people up about OoS rarities, and that the US gigs would get some treats. So far, all they've played is PiB and CE.

I agree that there's a lot of whining in these threads, surprisingly by the same people that went to the better gigs of the tour, but there are still a lot of things Muse can do better.

It's weird for a band with around 140 songs to only like 30 of them though, isn't it?

And that they don't know how much people want to hear the rarities is bullshit. They constantly get asked to play them whenever fans meet the band. Oh and, setlist polls...

A thing that I don't get is this argument that people constantly make that we should be grateful for what we get. That we should be happy that they even do concerts at all. Like Muse are somehow doing it as a favor to us.

Concerts are played to gain new fans, earn money and probably because they enjoy it. It's their job. It's a service that they sell, it's not a privilege. If we're not interested if this service, we don't pay for it.

If we're unhappy with a service that we have paid for, or feel like they have failed to keep their promises, why shouldn't we be allowed to complain?

It's weird for a band with around 140 songs to only like 30 of them though, isn't it?

And that they don't know how much people want to hear the rarities is bullshit. They constantly get asked to play them whenever fans meet the band. Oh and, setlist polls...

You know, maybe this is just me, but never thought they completely ignored the setlist polls. I saw the results and Citizen Erased and Bliss were at the top almost always. What looks like what happened is that they learned CE and Bliss, tried to play them whenever they could, and just ignored the rest.

But I didn't see songs like Showbiz or Fury in the top frequently.