The Denver one was apparently a local commercial.

Correct. The way she described it, I remember similar sounding ads when they came here in 2010. I checked Twitter right after (well, right after she woke me up with her screaming) for "Muse Denver" and at least a couple others saw the ad.

I think it was around 10 PM our time, after the end of the basketball coverage. It makes some sense that they would announce something right after they were on national TV during one of the more watched sporting events in the US.

Correct. The way she described it, I remember similar sounding ads when they came here in 2010.

I think it was around 10 PM our time, right after the end of the basketball coverage. It makes some sense that they would announce something right after they were on national TV during one of the more watched sporting events in the US.

It does. What doesn't make sense is saying tickets go on sale this weekend, when there's not been a mention officially.

However, with how the label's been managing this album and tour, I wouldn't be completely suprised.

If the ad was around 10 PM Mountain time, then I can confirm that. My uncle called at 10 PM (I remember exactly, he never calls that late) and told me he saw an ad. So yeah, it seems like Muse is at least coming to Denver and Atlanta. :)

It does. What doesn't make sense is saying tickets go on sale this weekend, when there's not been a mention officially.

However, with how the label's been managing this album and tour, I wouldn't be completely suprised.

When the original 2010 show (the one that got snowed out) was announced, the presale was only a couple days later.

http://muse.mu/news,14-more-shows-announced-for-the-us-canada_1154.htm?f=news&pg=1

CONFIRMED:

September 3 | Charlotte, North Carolina | Time Warner Cable Arena

September 4 | Atlanta, Georgia | Gwinnett Arena

September 6 | Nashville, Tennessee | Bridgestone Arena

September 8 | Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Consol Energy Center

September 9 | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania | Wells Fargo Center

September 11 | Washington, District of Columbia | Verizon Center

September 17 | Denver, Colorado | Pepsi Center

September 19 | Salt Lake City, Utah | EnergySolutions Arena

EDIT: Cage The Elephant is support for all of these shows.

Rock in Rio is on 14th, so I'm guessing the pyramid stuff will be going from Washington to Denver while band and gear head to Rio, play there, then head back.

Edited by forevermusic

Where would they play in Canberra? There's no big arena there anyway.

There's the AIS arena. We had Lady Gaga and Linkin Park there a few years back (obviously not the same show, but that would have been hilarious) but honestly the sound is so shit there I'd rather bus up to Sydney or Melbourne and see them in a decent venue like Acer.

Still better than travelling 500 (or more) kms. They can't play in every city.

Of course. It would be insane of them to try, for starters.

I doubt it. They wouldn't announce a bunch of dates like that and then release a load more for a few weeks later. Plus they're already playing waaaaay too many shows in the US. Those American fans don't deserve that many shows. I hope they play even shorter gigs to compensate.

I reckon any more gigs they announce for this year will be second nights if they sell out and even that is unlikely.

I expect that after the New York/new jersey shows are over, they may add another show in the NYC area for the fall. I also think LA area will get another show, and possibly Toronto. I think big cities like Boston, Chicago and San Francisco are good with their 1st leg shows. Austin city limits festival is in late sept/early October, so that's a possibility. Then there's the probability that they'll swing down to Mexico when they're done in the US.

I expect that after the New York/new jersey shows are over, they may add another show in the NYC area for the fall. I also think LA area will get another show, and possibly Toronto. I think big cities like Boston, Chicago and San Francisco are good with their 1st leg shows. Austin city limits festival is in late sept/early October, so that's a possibility. Then there's the probability that they'll swing down to Mexico when they're done in the US.

Surely an NYC return could've just made it easier to re-arrange the Nassau Coliseum gig for this new run rather than cancelling it outright.

There's a few mid-west area cities they could do that they haven't played on either run, but given the amount who turned up for them on the first run (was it 4,500 in Ohio?) they might be barking mad to do so.

There are a few other NA cities they hit last time that they aren't this tour (so far)

Milwaukee

Indianapolis (2011)

Kansas City (cancelled in 2010 because of Chris' child being born, played a festival there in 2011)

Albuquerque

New Orleans

Austin- City Limits Festival? Time frame fits.

Upstate New York- Albany, Buffalo

Ottawa

Winnipeg

None of these cities are likely to yield very high attendance numbers (except Austin, being a festival). Milwaukee and Indy might both benefit from the lack of a Chicago show, but not by much. Really, I don't we'll see any of these getting shows. Still think that NYC and LA are going to get at least 1 more show each. Not sure why the Nassau Coliseum show wasn't rescheduled for fall, unless they already had another venue on hold for fall.

Surely an NYC return could've just made it easier to re-arrange the Nassau Coliseum gig for this new run rather than cancelling it outright.

There's a few mid-west area cities they could do that they haven't played on either run, but given the amount who turned up for them on the first run (was it 4,500 in Ohio?) they might be barking mad to do so.

As far as Ohio, there were a whopping 4,900(ish) in Cincy, 5,600(ish) in Columbus, and we don't have numbers on Cleveland yet, but I'd assume it would be better than both of those. Whoever thought it was a good idea to do 3 arena shows in Ohio in the same week was not thinking!