I think it's quite possible that Muse do prefer to play their newer stuff, rather than the songs they've written 7-10 years ago. The bands/artists don't necessarily relate to their own material the same way fans do. People may say whatever they want about Black Holes/The Resistance, but that's where the band themselves are, at the moment. Not their past sound.

And the vast majority of the gigs I've been, by any band/artist, usually veers towards the newer material plus a few more popular tracks from the older albums.

See on one hand I don't want them to play songs they don't enjoy playing but on the other hand.. it's their bloody job and that includes doing things you don't always like.

See on one hand I don't want them to play songs they don't enjoy playing but on the other hand.. it's their bloody job and that includes doing things you don't always like.

I also refuse to believe that there are only 20+ songs out of more than 90 that they still enjoy playing :erm:

I also refuse to believe that there are only 20+ songs out of more than 90 that they still enjoy playing :erm:

If that's the case, then I don't think writing personal songs is the way to go when you can't play them when you no longer feel like that...

Yeah, fuck all Australians, fuck them with the long dick of the shitty setlists.

:stunned:

Why does everyone think a band has to listen to their fans? They are a band, they do what they, and their record signing company wants. :mad:

It's not that they have to listen to their fans, but it would be a nice way of acknowledging us. Playing a few rarities here and there and screwing most other gigs over is just evil.

Why all the Aussie hate??

The gigs haven't even started yet and everyone's saying, 'oh Australia is shit and Muse doesn't care about the other countries at all".

Pretty sure we had shitty 13song setlists at the BDO which were the worst of the tour, and these Arena gigs haven't even started yet.

And if Muse do play a few rarities here, then is it really worth the bitching and moaning, just to make those that went to the gigs feel bad about themselves that they got to wittness it.

I know Muse have been pretty shit this tour, but the hate should be towards them, not the fans who have paid about double the price everyone else has to go to these shows.

Saying stuff like "I hope the Aussies get shit setlists" is just rude and arrogant.

I too was pissed when they played a few rare songs in the Asian Tour before BDO and then my gig got the standard staple songs (- New Born and + Feeling Good). But I was at least happy that the Asians got to see these rarities at all.

So what I'm trying to say is, I know Muse are playing some pretty shit sets at the moment, but don't put all your hate on the Aussie Musers when our gigs haven't even started yet, cause it makes us fell bad about ourselves when we haven't even done anything wrong.

The gigs haven't even started yet and everyone's saying, 'oh Australia is shit and Muse doesn't care about the other countries at all".

Pretty sure we had shitty 13song setlists at the BDO which were the worst of the tour, and these Arena gigs haven't even started yet.

And if Muse do play a few rarities here, then is it really worth the bitching and moaning, just to make those that went to the gigs feel bad about themselves that they got to wittness it.

I know Muse have been pretty shit this tour, but the hate should be towards them, not the fans who have paid about double the price everyone else has to go to these shows.

Saying stuff like "I hope the Aussies get shit setlists" is just rude and arrogant.

I too was pissed when they played a few rare songs in the Asian Tour before BDO and then my gig got the standard staple songs (- New Born and + Feeling Good). But I was at least happy that the Asians got to see these rarities at all.

So what I'm trying to say is, I know Muse are playing some pretty shit sets at the moment, but don't put all your hate on the Aussie Musers when our gigs haven't even started yet, cause it makes us fell bad about ourselves when we haven't even done anything wrong.

This. Great post. I agree 100% with everything. We don't know that we are going to get heaps rare songs in the set, it is just speculation. Why should the Aussie fans be blamed for Muse playing rarities when it is the band's choice, just be happy for us. Maybe it will change next tour.

Also with the BDO sets. A mate of mine went to the second Sydney show and he said it was an excellent show. Admittedly, he probably hadn't heard any of the setlist beef or heard many songs that weren't singles before BHAR but he still enjoyed it. I think it is the atmosphere and energy from the band that creates the experience of the gig.

I always thought that this tour was actually pretty good, apart from the setlist stuff :$

Australia, i hope you get good gigs and setlists because BDO werent the best gigs ever, and Muse need to end the tour on a high note, maybe Showbiz's? :p

Also, I predict that the next tour will be their best one so far, if were lucky :D

No one is directing hate towards Aussies themselves. Hoping that they get shit setlists is not hate towards them, it's hate towards the entire tour.

Yes, it is worth bitching about it. They do read these forums every once in a while, and they truly deserve every ounce of criticism they get for this tour.

Personally, I didn't mind the fact that the rarities in Asia were played, as much as I was pissed off that they stopped playing them after the Asian gigs. Fucking pointless to bring those songs (Dead Star and Sunburn, especially) back at all, if you ask me.

No one actually hates the Aussie fans. What we hate is the very high chance of you getting completely random rarities thrown at you for no fucking reason at all, while Europe and the U.S. got screwed every step of the way.

No one is directing hate towards Aussies themselves. Hoping that they get shit setlists is not hate towards them, it's hate towards the entire tour.

Yes, it is worth bitching about it. They do read these forums every once in a while, and they truly deserve every ounce of criticism they get for this tour.

Personally, I didn't mind the fact that the rarities in Asia were played, as much as I was pissed off that they stopped playing them after the Asian gigs. Fucking pointless to bring those songs (Dead Star and Sunburn, especially) back at all, if you ask me.

No one actually hates the Aussie fans. What we hate is the very high chance of you getting completely random rarities thrown at you for no fucking reason at all, while Europe and the U.S. got screwed every step of the way.

Pretty much.

I don't hate Aussies themselves, I just don't think they deserve any better than the rest of us. But then again, we all deserve better than the setlists we have been givem. That of course is down to Muse, who clearly do not give a fuck about anywhere else. This tour has been a crock of shit.