Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

There's a brand new DL-1 with no effects in the shop that Adrian described as 'available stock' if anyone's interested. I gave it a play for a bit. Sounded nice. Love the paint texture too. No birdseye on the neck though, so Will won't be interested. :ninja:

Guest Batman.
Harley y :stunned:

If we start worrying about how much a thin layer of paint over the pickup cover is going to affect the sound, we may as well worry about how much the material your shirt is made of will colour your tone.

Some shit to do with insulation, possibly. I don't know, I can't remember how they work :(

I don't know.. I've seen people on here talk about fretboard wood affecting tone, so if people are ready to accept that that can affect tone, then I'm sure having a layer of paint or some shit on the pickups could too :LOL:

There's a brand new DL-1 with no effects in the shop that Adrian described as 'available stock' if anyone's interested. I gave it a play for a bit. Sounded nice. Love the paint texture too. No birdseye on the neck though, so Will won't be interested. :ninja:

I was going to say Jim should get it, but it doesn't have a fuzz factory (although I'm sure they could mod it for one :ninja: )

PeterM, have you got any sort of confirmation yet?

:eek: haha

looks like the DL-1 used at reading and leeds was pretty much in one piece. even if it was, i don't know if he'll still use it. maybe he'll hang it on the wall in his house....

Yes, here's the red glitter... this broke by accident...

And here's my les paul... this broke by accident too...

and the DL-1 prototype ... this one didn't break ..

... and that room over there has over 100 broken ibanez guitars in it...

Didn't the one Matt used at the festivals have a sustainer and push button kill switch? As I said, it's the same as kev's except the bridge pick up. Toggle kill switch, P90, etc. No chunks taken out of it, brand new, only recently finished. The transition from the metal to the paint is incredible and I love the texture on the paint too. Felt very nice indeed.

yep matt's did have those. i was watching closely to see how similar to mine it was :chuckle:

is it definitely recently finished? i have a feeling that Adrians own one (that was going to be their review model) was the same as mine except for mbk3, don't think it had any effects but have a hunch it might have had normal rather than custom hardware.

I don't think Adrian actually has one now. I asked him about it and he said something like how he always ends up moving them on, because he knows there's the demand from other people to have them, and he's kind of safe in the knowledge that if he ever really wants one badly for himself, he can queue jump. So maybe it could have been one that was sort of his, and has since been made available for purchase or something. Either that or someone couldn't finish paying for it would be the other explanation. He did say to be careful with it because it had only been finished fairly recently though.

yeah he said that he didn't know if he'd have it for himself or not and that happens everytime heh. Guess if it was new it was different. You can probably tell how new it is depending on if if finger prints show or if that has just become one giant fingerprint with spots that fingers can't reach clear.

James, just got confirmation of deposit received this morning from Adrian...said they will be in touch soon regarding specs :-)

One more question I had for all DL-1 owners, what (in your own opinion) is the best way to have the DL-1 stringed?

James, just got confirmation of deposit received this morning from Adrian...said they will be in touch soon regarding specs :-)

One more question I had for all DL-1 owners, what (in your own opinion) is the best way to have the DL-1 stringed?

Nice

I have 10-46 gauge on mine (which is what it came with, and generally the gauge i prefer). I wouldn't mind a heavier 6th string for drop tuning though (maybe a .052 or .060)

I think someone on here (Kageeby?) had theirs setup with a .060

yeah he said that he didn't know if he'd have it for himself or not and that happens everytime heh. Guess if it was new it was different. You can probably tell how new it is depending on if if finger prints show or if that has just become one giant fingerprint with spots that fingers can't reach clear.

It did have a few smudge type marks on the aluminium down in the bottom corner, but I assume that would be cleaned down before it was sent out to anyone. I don't think I added any fingerprints to it though. It didn't really pick them up like that. Pretty smoothly done.

Pretty sure all DL-1s were sent out with 10-46 last time round. It's the MB-1 that has 10-52 because of the sustainer. Also I read that first sentence without the comma and couldn't contain my laughter, haha! It wouldn't have surprised me! I think he's right about Kageeby though. He went for the heavier bottom string like Matt. Never tried that myself though.

Nice

I have 10-46 gauge on mine (which is what it came with, and generally the gauge i prefer). I wouldn't mind a heavier 6th string for drop tuning though (maybe a .052 or .060)

I use the Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom ones going from 10-52 on a 25.5 scale lenght guitar that switches between E and Drop D, it's great!

Guest Batman.
I use the Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom ones going from 10-52 on a 25.5 scale lenght guitar that switches between E and Drop D, it's great!

Same, but I use Rotosounds. Sometimes I feel like the 10 should be a 9 though.

Same, but I use Rotosounds. Sometimes I feel like the 10 should be a 9 though.

Rotosounds are the best :cool:

I've currently got 10s on mine, but a D'Addario .60 on the bottom E, and then Rotosound E string is actually on the A string, and the Roto A string is on the D :facepalm:

Works quite well though actually :LOL: Sounds beefy too.

Same, though I don't really switch mine to E.

Do you find the tension of the A and D strings a bit much? I like having the heavier 6th string, but not the 4th and 5th

I use nothing but Roto's on everything and RARELY get string breaks (maybe one a year max) but a 9 is for pussy's :D

Yeah, I'm liking the rotos I have on a couple of my guitars... I'd probably use them more if they were easier to get

Same, though I don't really switch mine to E.

Do you find the tension of the A and D strings a bit much? I like having the heavier 6th string, but not the 4th and 5th

I've probably gotten used to it, but I can't really remember if there was a time I found those 2 strings too heavy.

It did have a few smudge type marks on the aluminium down in the bottom corner, but I assume that would be cleaned down before it was sent out to anyone. I don't think I added any fingerprints to it though. It didn't really pick them up like that. Pretty smoothly done.

Pretty sure all DL-1s were sent out with 10-46 last time round. It's the MB-1 that has 10-52 because of the sustainer. Also I read that first sentence without the comma and couldn't contain my laughter, haha! It wouldn't have surprised me! I think he's right about Kageeby though. He went for the heavier bottom string like Matt. Never tried that myself though.

You're right ;) for me 10-46 and d'addario 0.60 for the E string and i'm very happy with this gauge, i'll try it with my MB-1 too soon (i hope...)

Archived