Which album had the better piano-based songs?

m0hawk

Which album had the better piano-based songs?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which album had the better piano-based songs?

• Absolution
    • The Resistance

Absolution or The Resistance?

Absolution

- Apocalypse Please

- Butterflies & Hurricanes

- Endlessly

- Ruled By Secrecy

The Resistance

- United States of Eurasia

- I Belong to You

- Cross-Pollination

- Redemption

That.... is one tough cookie :stunned: As much as I love the aforementioned tracks from The Resistance, Absolution contains so much bombast that it wins out. It seems like that album was structured around the piano tracks (with the exception of Endlessly), giving them more weighting. Absolution it is!

theres a phrase in music speak that i think speaks volumes for this thread.. "less is more"..

technically the keyboard work in the resistance has some weally hard bits and goes in out and around choruses and verses.. but i prefer the more aligned simpler sounds from the Absolution album.

:D

For me:

Absolution

- Apocalypse Please 9/10

- Butterflies & Hurricanes 7/10

- Endlessly 7/10

- Ruled By Secrecy 9/10

The Resistance

- United States of Eurasia 8/10

- I Belong to You 7/10

- Cross-Pollination 6/10

- Redemption 7/10

Why you include Endlessly (mostly synth), and don't then include say Undisclosed Desires (mostly synth), or Overture (organ) is a bit of a mystery though. And if you're including synth and organ based tracks then why not chuck 4 OOS songs in there too? Seems a bit of a meaningless comparison to me in other words!

Why you include Endlessly (mostly synth)

There's an electric piano throughout with a few synths and samples around it. Apart from AP and the piano solos in B&H & RBS, it's all electric piano in Absolution (Apart from the chorus in SS and the prepared piano in the verses for S4A).

Why are we only comparing two albums when all the albums have made use of some form of piano?

For me:

Absolution

- Apocalypse Please 9/10

- Butterflies & Hurricanes 7/10

- Endlessly 7/10

- Ruled By Secrecy 9/10

The Resistance

- United States of Eurasia 8/10

- I Belong to You 7/10

- Cross-Pollination 6/10

- Redemption 7/10

Why you include Endlessly (mostly synth), and don't then include say Undisclosed Desires (mostly synth), or Overture (organ) is a bit of a mystery though. And if you're including synth and organ based tracks then why not chuck 4 OOS songs in there too? Seems a bit of a meaningless comparison to me in other words!

WTF?

Absolution,not even close.

The Resistance piano songs are shit compared to Apocalypse Please and Ruled By Secrecy.

Absolution is no doubt a way better album than The Resistance, but I have to say that the piano songs on The Resistance are in no way bad. Exogenesis is fantastic. United States of Eurasia is a pretty solid song, and I Belong To You is really fun live.

Absolution is no doubt a way better album than The Resistance, but I have to say that the piano songs on The Resistance are in no way bad. Exogenesis is fantastic. United States of Eurasia is a pretty solid song, and I Belong To You is really fun live.

I still consider IBTY to be a mediocre cheesy pop song,but then again I haven't experienced it live.I probably won't see it live anyways since it'll be dropped completely in the next tour.

I still consider IBTY to be a mediocre cheesy pop song,but then again I haven't experienced it live.I probably won't see it live anyways since it'll be dropped completely in the next tour.

It's cheesy in a way that's fun though. And it's a great song despite being cheesy. Same with Endlessly, cheesy as hell, but damnit it's a fantastic song. Muse can do cheesy songs and get away with it when the music is good.

Guiding Light is a cheesy song too, except it's shit in every aspect.

It's cheesy in a way that's fun though. And it's a great song despite being cheesy. Same with Endlessly, cheesy as hell, but damnit it's a fantastic song. Muse can do cheesy songs and get away with it when the music is good.

Guiding Light is a cheesy song too, except it's shit in every aspect.

Despite being weak on the album,I actually do enjoy the Wembley Arena 03 performance of Endlessly.I guess it's going to take time for IBTY to grow on me(or not).

Agree about Guiding Light.

Archived