Post your non-muse drawings/artwork.

Niamh

Lawl I uploaded a bunch to DA that I had forgotten about, they were in my AP portfolio...

Clothing still life (I love this one for some reason), acrylic on cardboard-

e9c324cb95a5f9f0652df53ed82f92ba.jpg

Ostrich at the zoo, ballpoint pen and watercolor on sketchbook paper-

83e9b9c17ff0c9a298f55a8469db21e8.jpg

Purse and tie still life, oil paint with chalk pastel mixed and layered on mat board-

Mom_and_Dad_by_AikoTakada.jpg

Pop art assignment, acrylic and marker on particle board-

0f5965ab1e9b78f1a0bcdb6918dd3005.jpg

I have all these unfinished oil pastel pictures sitting around. :erm:

Lawl I uploaded a bunch to DA that I had forgotten about, they were in my AP portfolio...

Purse and tie still life, oil paint with chalk pastel mixed and layered on mat board-

woah these are awesome! :D I specially love the ostrich one!

used to do manga and i do use a tablet

Well my mate has just got a tablet but he's just having trouble getting to grip with the slight lag they have and the feeling. Just wondered if you had any tips/suggestions as to its usage.

As for the manga, did you use any websites to help you draw?

Well my mate has just got a tablet but he's just having trouble getting to grip with the slight lag they have and the feeling. Just wondered if you had any tips/suggestions as to its usage.

As for the manga, did you use any websites to help you draw?

I have no idea how good you are at drawing and such so I'll direct this like I'm talking to a beginner, no offense meant!

best practice is to draw off screen

get a sketch book, get like dvds of your fav manga or something and start off by pausing frame, drawing basic shapes and then filling it out.. that's the way i learned in college

for me personally, i found it helped to go outside of the manga area as well, like looney tunes or any disney type thing.. just helps you get a feel for a variety of styles and makes you think of how you can apply certain styles to whatever you want, whether it be manga or cartoons or whatever..

After you get pretty good at doing that stuff you can basically start going about your own things, develop your own style. Do lots of the practice, get books and follow the exercises.

websites, i was basically glued to a forum a long time ago called Pendako. Tooooooooooooonnnnnns of Anime/Manga stuff going on there but I think they're defunct. Join art forums, post your work and look at others for inspiration. That's probably the biggest thing you can do in progressing in any type of art that you do. It never hurts (well it kind of always does..) to have a non-sugarcoated opinion from a real artist but it's super important to get that ego in check and learn from it :p

The worst thing ever is to post terrible art and get good feedback from it. All it does is boost your confidence to make more bad art :)

finally, everyone who does art and wants to get good has heard this a millllllllion times.. draw draw draw. It's actually true, you get better every time you draw.

As for the tablet, the most key thing for me was to get good with a good old pencil and paper. There shouldn't really be any lag on the tablet.. it could depend on the computer, the settings and the type of tablet. I had a really old Wacom Graphire and recently upgraded to an Intuos3 which is wayyyy more responsive.

If your friends using Vista or 7, make sure he disables the Pen Tablet Input panel and hold to right click stuff, that's a big cause of lag when drawing in photoshop / painter. Other than that, muck around with the tablet preferences till he gets the proper feeling.

All you really need to do to get comfortable with the tablet is use it lots..use it for drawing, use it instead of the mouse for normal computer activities.. it's frustrating at first but once he gets used to it he'll be fine.

If you ever need help with converting your sketches into inked images you can paint in photoshop, let me know (unless of course you know how already :))

All of them are great especially the colours.

Contradicting, but my favorite is the pen on paper. I like the lines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived