Post your non-muse drawings/artwork.

Niamh

This is a sort-of painting me and a friend did on my sort-of girlfriend's back. edit: shit forgot to mention I took the picture, with her Sony SLR (I think), covering half the flash with my hand. Haha.

4ki428.jpg

Here's an edit of it my friend did.

x52jgh.jpg

This is a sort-of painting me and a friend did on my sort-of girlfriend's back. edit: shit forgot to mention I took the picture, with her Sony SLR (I think), covering half the flash with my hand. Haha.

4ki428.jpg

Here's an edit of it my friend did.

x52jgh.jpg

I dont like the edit

But the 1st one is awesome :yesey: could have done with being sharper though

I guess I'll show some of my oil paintings :happy:

p1080010.jpg

p6260010.jpg

p3270011.jpg

This one is acrylic:

p3300010.jpg

Wow!! :eek: That's fantastic!! :yesey: You're talented :happy:

Is it hard to paint with oil paint? I've never tried and I think it looks so beautiful, maybe I'll try one day. :)

Wow!! :eek: That's fantastic!! :yesey: You're talented :happy:

Is it hard to paint with oil paint? I've never tried and I think it looks so beautiful, maybe I'll try one day. :)

Thanks you!

I don't think it's harder than acrylic, nor easier, because it's so different... I say one of the main problems is that oil painting takes days to dry, so you can't do paintings as fast as with acrylic, and you must be careful where you store your unfinished/wet paintings, because hair and dust can get stuck on the surface. But oil paintings have nicer color IMO than acrylic: I don't really know why, it seems it's more vibrant. It's also easier to blend paint, like painting a big sky, because you can really take your time.

I think you must try it at least once. :happy:

Thanks you!

I don't think it's harder than acrylic, nor easier, because it's so different... I say one of the main problems is that oil painting takes days to dry, so you can't do paintings as fast as with acrylic, and you must be careful where you store your unfinished/wet paintings, because hair and dust can get stuck on the surface. But oil paintings have nicer color IMO than acrylic: I don't really know why, it seems it's more vibrant. It's also easier to blend paint, like painting a big sky, because you can really take your time.

I think you must try it at least once. :happy:

It takes days to dry?! Yeah, that can be a problem. I've got a small but very hairy dog and his hair is everywhere!! Oil paintings looks more naturally and beautiful. But it's not so hard to paint with? I've heard that it's harder to paint with it and stuff but maybe they was thinking about the drying or something. Do you nead some special paper thing to paint on? I've painted aquarelle and there you need ( you don't actually need it but it's better to have ) a special paper for that. Is it the same with oil paint?

I'll try when I've bought oil paint :D:chuckle:

It takes days to dry?! Yeah, that can be a problem. I've got a small but very hairy dog and his hair is everywhere!! Oil paintings looks more naturally and beautiful. But it's not so hard to paint with? I've heard that it's harder to paint with it and stuff but maybe they was thinking about the drying or something. Do you nead some special paper thing to paint on? I've painted aquarelle and there you need ( you don't actually need it but it's better to have ) a special paper for that. Is it the same with oil paint?

I'll try when I've bought oil paint :D:chuckle:

Well, it really depends... I think it's a bit harder than acrylic after all, because of the drying part. But I think acrylic too is hard for making skies and big surfaces.

Anyway, all you need is an ordinary canvas :happy: Like you would use for acrylic.

Though be careful with your dog :LOL:

Well, it really depends... I think it's a bit harder than acrylic after all, because of the drying part. But I think acrylic too is hard for making skies and big surfaces.

Anyway, all you need is an ordinary canvas :happy: Like you would use for acrylic.

Though be careful with your dog :LOL:

Okey!! :happy: So I'll just have to buy a canvas thing and oil paint? Or do you have to have a special brush or something?

Yeah :LOL: I have to vacuum clean the house before I start to paint :D

Okey!! :happy: So I'll just have to buy a canvas thing and oil paint? Or do you have to have a special brush or something?

Yeah :LOL: I have to vacuum clean the house before I start to paint :D

No special brush, just a special product to clean your brushes, because water and soap won't be enough. I don't know what it's called in english but if you go to an art/painting shop people know. :happy:

Oh yeah, I just remembered. Cleaning your brushes after oil painting is very long, and oil painting smells. It's more toxic, also.

No special brush, just a special product to clean your brushes, because water and soap won't be enough. I don't know what it's called in english but if you go to an art/painting shop people know. :happy:

Oh yeah, I just remembered. Cleaning your brushes after oil painting is very long, and oil painting smells. It's more toxic, also.

Okey! Thanks for your help, I'll just lock the dog in or something when I'm painting :p

turpentine?

Wow, those are great! :awesome: I esp. like the one that reminds me of Greece, with the white balcony and blue water. You are so talented!

Thank you!

I painted it from a picture of Santorini, one of the most beautiful places ever.

Archived