Are you part of the Muse family?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Are you part of the Muse family?

• Yes
    • No
    • Radiohead

I mean Muse probably have the largest fan base of bands that are currently releasing albums regularly, touring atc. I'm looking at things through a more positive lense here!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC/DC_discography

All-new albums right up to 2008, and it would surprise me if they didn't have at least a few more in 'em. Plus they tour... and tour... and tour.

I agree, like a 'real' family, we Muse forum people don't always get along! (not just with each other, but with Muse themselves) There has been SO MUCH criticism for The Resistance, I think we need to be 'greatful' for the best music that muse have released to date (whether you prefer Origin of Symmetry, The Resistance, whatever) look at how good their live stuff is at the moment (I think its pretty sterling!) and look forward to an AMAZING future, with more music, which millions of people will love (but like all music, its not to everyone's taste) and more amazing live shows! :D

Couldn't agree more. I think that it's odd that they have reseaved so much criticism for The Resistance... people seem to have the same excuse for not liking them nodays all the time, and that is that ''they were better in the good old day when they produced more personal rock songs'', but if you think about it: If they wrote the same thing over and over again, what would be exiting about that?

Sure, people have right to their own opinions, but it's just sad that they have to hear so much negetive stuff from their fans who are supposed to support them. I'm sadened by this, especially after hearing Chris talk about how sad he is by the fans just ''slagging them off all the time''.

Once again, people have right to their own oppinions, but sometimes it just goes to far...

I did! The idea of a muser echelon army scares me more than a wee bit :LOL:

The thought of a Muse Echelon runs my blood cold.. Muse fans are mad but proper 30STM Echelon members are just... weird!

I am a massive 30STM fan, I have met them, they are great guys but their fan base is just :stunned: Muse fans talk about turning up to gigs wearing Monocles and taking inflatable aliens, 30STM echeloners turn up looking like they have been involved in a mass slaughter in a pig farm.... First time I went it totally freaked me out all these people splattered head to toe in blood....

I think this is a really good idea :) I don't know why some people think it's stupid :( it's cute, it's a way to bring us all closer together, and most of it is true, We are one big family :D

and the thing about Chris signing your Oos album is really cute :happy:

and I forgot where I read this (I think it was in the NME 100 page muse special), Matt was saying how the security guys were just yelling at the fans to back off and not cross the line and stuff, so he went around the back and stood with all the fans :happy:

I think this is a really good idea :) I don't know why some people think it's stupid :( it's cute, it's a way to bring us all closer together, and most of it is true, We are one big family :D

and the thing about Chris signing your Oos album is really cute :happy:

and I forgot where I read this (I think it was in the NME 100 page muse special), Matt was saying how the security guys were just yelling at the fans to back off and not cross the line and stuff, so he went around the back and stood with all the fans :happy:

Yes, that's the thing, despite their increasing distance, they still feel like part of the family and long may that continue, but not as the parents, that feels a bit weird! They are our children! :LOL: Or at least our siblings!

Yes, that's the thing, despite their increasing distance, they still feel like part of the family and long may that continue, but not as the parents, that feels a bit weird! They are our children! :LOL: Or at least our siblings!

not children!! that's too weird, your children can't be older than you :LOL: siblings would make more sense (as if this whole thread makes any sense) :p

not children!! that's too weird, your children can't be older than you :LOL: siblings would make more sense (as if this whole thread makes any sense) :p

Well they're not older than me. That's why I can hardly see them as my parents. They are a bit old to be my children though in all honesty but sometimes they look so young. Siblings covers all eventualities though and is more equal.

But, as you say, thread is daft, but a little bit of fun, especially after 3/4 bottle of wine! :LOL:

Couldn't agree more. I think that it's odd that they have reseaved so much criticism for The Resistance... people seem to have the same excuse for not liking them nodays all the time, and that is that ''they were better in the good old day when they produced more personal rock songs'', but if you think about it: If they wrote the same thing over and over again, what would be exiting about that?

Sure, people have right to their own opinions, but it's just sad that they have to hear so much negetive stuff from their fans who are supposed to support them. I'm sadened by this, especially after hearing Chris talk about how sad he is by the fans just ''slagging them off all the time''.

Once again, people have right to their own oppinions, but sometimes it just goes to far...

I don't get people who go off on a rant because they don't like a particular song/album. There's always one that you don't like as much, right? I like The Resistance just as much as I like all the other albums (A lot) and some of the stuff on there (AKA Exogenesis:D) is really weird and crazy but awesome as well!

I like how Muse haven't just picked one genre to play and never do anything different - it means I get to listen to loads of different and really cool stuff without having to change disc/playlist;)

Think about it this way - Weird/different album is released = fans complain = Chris is sad = Whole band is sad = no new/interesting stuff = fans complain (again) - so you complaining just causes you to complain. Wassapoint?

I don't get people who go off on a rant because they don't like a particular song/album. There's always one that you don't like as much, right? I like The Resistance just as much as I like all the other albums (A lot) and some of the stuff on there (AKA Exogenesis:D) is really weird and crazy but awesome as well!

I like how Muse haven't just picked one genre to play and never do anything different - it means I get to listen to loads of different and really cool stuff without having to change disc/playlist;)

Think about it this way - Weird/different album is released = fans complain = Chris is sad = Whole band is sad = no new/interesting stuff = fans complain (again) - so you complaining just causes you to complain. Wassapoint?

Idd. I love all the albums equally but for different reasons u know? Cuz all the albums are unique in their own way. You can't except everyone to just love everything Muse puts out there, but in the same time you can't just complain about everything all the time just because you miss ''the old Muse''. And for users who signed up like 7 years ago and (and I quote) ''hate the way Muse has turned out and think that they're awful'' and blabla bla... why are you even here? :facepalm:

Exactly, You can listen to all sorts of different genres without even changing to a different artist :awesome: We should all just be happy we like such a talented and lovely Band :yesey:

Idd. I love all the albums equally but for different reasons u know? Cuz all the albums are unique in their own way. You can't except everyone to just love everything Muse puts out there, but in the same time you can't just complain about everything all the time just because you miss ''the old Muse''. And for users who signed up like 7 years ago and (and I quote) ''hate the way Muse has turned out and think that they're awful'' and blabla bla... why are you even here? :facepalm:

Exactly, You can listen to all sorts of different genres without even changing to a different artist :awesome: We should all just be happy we like such a talented and lovely Band :yesey:

I agree.

• 5 months later...

this was so touching, it kind of made me laugh a bit, too. suddenly everything on the board got so sentimental.

i think we are a family, and when i meet other musers i talk to them..sure a lot of us are crazy, I myself am a silly fan girl, but it's nice to have people to talk to and threads to respond to and so many songs to listen to. and the "inside jokes" musers have... ;) when i first joined this site i didn't actually expect so many threads or users or responses. I think we are devoted fans! I dont think they have the biggest fan base, surely not bigger than The Beatles, and not many people I know care for muse :rolleyes: but I get the gist.

muserhugs :)

When I first joined this board everyone was smashing The Resistance (partly my fault, I clicked the thread.) It made me really sad/mad that fans actually think those things about the band and i'm not saying you have to like every single song, but I mean, c'mon. The album wasn't as good as their previous ones, but it was still good. I wrote this long rant to them that was mostly angry and they laughed at me. That's the board for ya. :rolleyes: I didn't know that at the time so it kinda hurt my feelings lol.

When I first joined this board everyone was smashing The Resistance (partly my fault, I clicked the thread.) It made me really sad/mad that fans actually think those things about the band and i'm not saying you have to like every single song, but I mean, c'mon. The album wasn't as good as their previous ones, but it was still good. I wrote this long rant to them that was mostly angry and they laughed at me. That's the board for ya. :rolleyes: I didn't know that at the time so it kinda hurt my feelings lol.

I know exactly how you feel about the whole Resistance thing.:( There's just so much negativity and complaining here.

Archived