Okay, enough is enough. None of you know me, and I agree that my friends are going a bit off the deep end by throwing their tickets away [and by the way, they were all straight males, so I doubt that they were hoping for "makeout session fantasies"] - I even told them so - but I am not responsible for their behavior. Please stop trying to read into my thoughts and speculating as to what my motivations are, and if you have a problem with me, PLEASE take it to PM rather than air it out in here to cause even more drama.

I know the reason why the DJ claimed that there would be a boycott [and again, I was ONLY REPEATING what I heard on public media - I never said I would for one minute support it, or that I think it's not a crazy idea, or that he even knew what the hell he was talking about] but again, to stop fueling these fires, ask me on PM.

I'm confused. Why exactly are they boycotting? Because of Kate Hudson?

This thread has reached ridiculous proportions. I had to read the interview again to see if I missed something, and I still don't get this boycott thing.

People are taking this way to serious. Matt is just this little guy who apparently is a great musician and goes around the world playing and wearing silly clothes. I dont get all this fuss , speacilly when Matt (and the rest of the band) always seem to be very nice to the fans they meet. Whatever.

It's easy to understand why he won't pay any attention to the boards or myspace, there's a bunch of sad comments there.

This thread has reached ridiculous proportions. I had to read the interview again to see if I missed something, and I still don't get this boycott thing.

People are taking this way to serious. Matt is just this little guy who apparently is a great musician and goes around the world playing and wearing silly clothes. I dont get all this fuss , speacilly when Matt (and the rest of the band) always seem to be very nice to the fans they meet. Whatever.

It's easy to understand why he won't pay any attention to the boards or myspace, there's a bunch of sad comments there.

I agree. I did make some silly comments near the beginning of this thread, and I'm sorry about that, but now it's just like... :facepalm:

So anyway, I'll take this opportunity to say something I was gonna say and forgot about amidst all the beef...

Dom, good luck at Glastonbury, we're all here for you! :dom::happy:

I agree. I did make some silly comments near the beginning of this thread, and I'm sorry about that, but now it's just like... :facepalm:

So anyway, I'll take this opportunity to say something I was gonna say and forgot about amidst all the beef...

Dom, good luck at Glastonbury, we're all here for you! :dom::happy:

+1 :dom::happy:

I'm just so confused, I don't really know what to think anymore. There do seem to be some concerns out there and only time will tell whether those concerns are justified. Hopefully the worries are unfounded and everything will turn out fine.

I wish all three guys the best, whatever that may be.

Oh and it is insulting calling Matt a "stick thin dweeb", bless him. He's not that thin and he's certainly not a dweeb! :fear: I think this article must have been written by a very arrogant fat person!

PS I just want to clarify that I haven't got any concerns with Matt himself. But I realise there are other concerns.

There was a good article posted maybe in December in Bass Guitar (I can't find it on here, dangit!) about Chris. He mentioned his drinking troubles at that time, but he goes into more detail here. Something he mentioned in the Bass interview was about how close they all still were and how much they loved each other. This to me says it all. He definitely is feeling the support from his friends.

I don't understand the concerns at all. Matt has always seemed to me to be a really nice guy, completely grounded, as have Chris and Dom. The fact that he's having a bit of fun now and going a bit wild/enjoying his freedom after all the heartbreak of splitting from Gaia after a seven-year serious relationship seems pretty healthy to me. Isn't this the sort of thing us mere mortals would do?

There was a good article posted maybe in December in Bass Guitar (I can't find it on here, dangit!) about Chris. He mentioned his drinking troubles at that time, but he goes into more detail here. Something he mentioned in the Bass interview was about how close they all still were and how much they loved each other. This to me says it all. He definitely is feeling the support from his friends.

+1

They've been too close for too many years not to be supportive of each other. I'd bet Dom and Matt tone it down when Chris is around but Chris goes back to his family a lot and that's probably when they let rip with the boozing sessions.

I'm just so confused, I don't really know what to think anymore. There do seem to be some concerns out there and only time will tell whether those concerns are justified. Hopefully the worries are unfounded and everything will turn out fine.

I wish all three guys the best, whatever that may be.

Oh and it is insulting calling Matt a "stick thin dweeb", bless him. He's not that thin and he's certainly not a dweeb! :fear: I think this article must have been written by a very arrogant fat person!

Tbh, I was a bit annoyed by the constant references to geeks and dweebs. None of the Muse members have struck me as particularly nerdy or dweeby.

Three (now four) consecutive post by me. Looks like I'm the only one still arguing :D

:dance:

arguing sucks :noey:

I quite liked this article.... good stuff about Dom and Chris:dom::chris:

maybe people are getting mad at Matt because, what, he's not going through anything tough? :noey: whatever, let him live his life :D I have nothing against what i've heard/read

I don't understand the concerns at all. Matt has always seemed to me to be a really nice guy' date=' completely grounded, as have Chris and Dom. The fact that he's having a bit of fun now and going a bit wild/enjoying his freedom after all the heartbreak of splitting from Gaia after a seven-year serious relationship seems pretty healthy to me. [u']Isn't this the sort of thing us mere mortals would do?[/u]

Wait, Matt is immortal? :eek::pope::eek:

I knew there was more to this intimate Twilight association than he was letting on...

He's 32, he can look after himself. I doubt he wants an army of fan girls pissing and moaning about his personal life

Edit: who'd have thought an article in The Times would create such a ruckus?

It's exceptional isn't it? But give it a few months, by then all the fans going :eek: and :facepalm: will be used to a steady stream of pap pics/Perez Hilton-style coverage of Matt's 'personal life' I suppose ;)

I still don't get this boycott thing.

Me either. If I boycotted celebrities because I didn't agree with some of their actions and/or opinions, I'd hardly listen to or watch anything. But it's not their job to behave in accordance with my (or anyone else's) view of good behavior. It's their job to entertain me. That's it. If I decide they no longer have entertainment value, then I'll stop watching and/or buying what they produce.

Any other requirement, including the notion that they "mustn't sell out"--which has a myriad of different definitions to different people and therefore is almost impossible not to commit in someone's estimation--is ridiculous IMO.

I'm pretty sure you mean this quote:

Chris: If you're making music for financial gain, or for celebrity status or whatever, that's not good enough. A big part of the reason we got to where we are is because, at the end of the day, the band is based on friendship between three people who love making music together. We've been together in this band for half of our lives, and the reason for that is not because we're great musicians-it's not because of the songs. We're three guys who love each other as friends, and really love what we do.

That one really stuck with me, too. :happy:

:yesey: Those guys have been through so much together, can't imagine them not supporting each other.

I'm pretty sure you mean this quote:

Quote:

Chris: If you're making music for financial gain, or for celebrity status or whatever, that's not good enough. A big part of the reason we got to where we are is because, at the end of the day, the band is based on friendship between three people who love making music together. We've been together in this band for half of our lives, and the reason for that is not because we're great musicians-it's not because of the songs. We're three guys who love each other as friends, and really love what we do.

That one really stuck with me, too.

That one really stuck with me, too. :happy:

:happy:

oh Chris you've got nothing but my respect right now...we love and support you, and thank you for staying strong...

Dom, thanks for coming back to Glastonbury to play, it means the world to us fans...

Matt, keep having fun!!!! really whatever makes you happy!!....anyway...thank you guys for your music, it really changed my life...

Me either. If I boycotted celebrities because I didn't agree with some of their actions and/or opinions, I'd hardly listen to or watch anything. But it's not their job to behave in accordance with my (or anyone else's) view of good behavior. It's their job to entertain me. That's it. If I decide they no longer have entertainment value, then I'll stop watching and/or buying what they produce.

'cruel', but the best statement so far...so true:)

He's 32, he can look after himself. I doubt he wants an army of fan girls pissing and moaning about his personal life

Edit: who'd have thought an article in The Times would create such a ruckus?

Well, i did in the second post in the thread ;)

EDIT, ok, done... and I suspect those last 3 paragraphs are going to cause an explosion of :srsb33f: around here :LOL:

I don't see why anyone is surprised that this article has brought about strong reactions from people in general, it's a very "revealing" article with some red meat type stuff in it (pretty open comments from Chris about his drinking problem, Matt confirming the Kate Hudson thing directly, etc)

I'm not saying I think some people aren't going too far overboard by this whole thing, I just am not even the slightest bit shocked over it...

But then, I don't think anything on this board shocks me anymore ;)

Archived