Not knowing of Muse when they toured your country

initialdylan

Not sure if there's a thread like this, I've already searched a bit but couldn't find any. If there is, you can blame my being a newbie posting here.

Anyway, in 2007 (before I was a fan), Muse came to my country (in another state) and a friend of mine asked me, "wanna go watch Muse?"

I said "What the heck is a Muse? I'm not travelling all the way to (the state) for some stupid concert"

Sad to say, I missed that gig, and looking at archived posts of then, the gig sold out and it had awesome reviews. REGRET MUCH! Imagine that, Muse performed in my country before and all I did was sit at home. Damnit!

Anyone of you had similar experiences?

I sort of experienced this... In 2007 they came to Pentaport Rock Fest, but I didn't know who they were. I was there with my older cousins/friends, and we decided to stay and watch this band called Muse. It was fucking epic, been a Muser since then. :awesome:

In 2001, Muse played at De Montfort Hall in Leicester. I might have only been 5 then, but it horrifies me that they were about 25 minutes away from me.

The worst thing is, Ive been on that stage in choirs and orchestras so many times. Infact, we have our school awards ceremony there. I've touched that stage, blessed my Muse's presence, and I didn't even realise until a year ago :eek:

I regret not seeing them every day :(

they played at this local club right near where I live (the 9:30 club) on almost every tour before BHR, and of course... i never saw them once. Plus, the club is relatively small and they weren't that popular in the US at that time... so it would have been extra awesome! :supersad:

MSG 2007... My sister went without telling me. I found out the next day and my face was like :eek: :'(

And also, when they played at Bamboozle the same year (which is about a 7 min. drive away), I had no idea until the next year...

And also when I found out about them playing at Giants Stadium again to open for U2, it was already sold out.

It also really doesn't help that I know loads of people that went to all those shows. :(

Even worse... knowing of Muse but not knowing they toured the country you're in!!

I used to live in South Africa and they were there in 2008. When I knew about it, it was too late. Damn advertising huge bands over there!!! :(

They've been in my country three times, but I didn't know who they were when they had come in 2000 and 2001. :supersad:

They did another gig in 2007, when I had already started listening to them, but at the time I wasn't really following them on the internet, so I didn't hear about it until after it was too late. Now they'll never come back, so I'll never get to see them :awesome:

I never liked Rock in Rio, so in 2008 they were showing stuff at Rock in Rio live, and then I saw Muse being interviewed :stunned: I got like "...OH FUCK! I WANT TO BE THERE! :'(". It annoys me so much that even if I didn't like RiR, I could have seen who were coming to Portugal! :facepalm:

They played here exactly 3 months ago and I didn't know until a week beforehand and I was scrambling to get someone to go with me because I couldn't if there was no one to take me. I could have paid for it and everything. It was the worst day of my life knowing Muse was like, 30 mins away and I couldn't see them.

I also know about 4 people who went to see the show. *shakes fist*

I knew of Muse but knew I couldn't go and see them :(

This was back in 07 when they played Wembley which is about a... 4 minute drive from my house :facepalm:

I couldn't get a ticket or even find anyone to go with so I couldn't go :supersad:

The worst part is that they were sooo close...I can see the stadium from my house. I'm glad that the performance got put on DVD though :happy: and I can go to Wembley this year :D :D

Muse played in San Francisco back in April 2007 but I didn't go to the concert since I was barely beginning to listen to them,only knew BH&R songs back then.I wish I had gone to that concert though,had great rarities like Hoodoo,COD,Sunburn,Assassin,B&H,CE,and SFA.I'll never get to see all those songs in the same setlist again.:(

This happened to me too- they played two small venues (<2000 people max) near where I live in 2004 and I didn't know :( I'd only just gotten into Muse the year before and only knew 6-7 songs at the time. Plus both shows were at bars and I was 14...So even if I knew, probably wouldn't have worked out. Oh well, making up for it this year! Seen them twice in March and seeing them 5 times in September!

I had never heard of Muse and went to see U2 in October of 09; Muse opened for U2 for that particular show. Just before Muse came on...I started to bizatch and moan about having to watch some opening act I had never hear of nor listened to a single song...at that moment, a guy turns around and says, "this band sells out stadiums in Europe all the time; prepared to be blown away." I then watched Muse open with draw dropped and have been a super fan ever since. :matt:

Watched them come to Dallas this past March and it was the best live rock show I have ever seen.

I just wished I'd known of them earlier, because then I would have had fantastic chances at intimate shows way back in like 2004 and 2007. The MCR/Muse tour of North America? Would totally have gone to that, but I didn't love Muse enough by then to beg my parents to go.

Projekt Revolution 2007, MCR headlined and I went to that in Detroit; Muse ALMOST supported but didn't. Boy am I happy they didn't, because I probably wouldn't've enjoyed the concert as much since I didn't know all their songs by heart. It would have been the same as missing out on a concert when you DO know every single song.

What I feel that I really missed out on was The Ark in Cincinnati, OH, in 2004. That would have been unforgettable ;_; They played The Groove, wah, wah, tears, cry.

I knew of Muse but knew I couldn't go and see them :(

This was back in 07 when they played Wembley which is about a... 4 minute drive from my house :facepalm:

I couldn't get a ticket or even find anyone to go with so I couldn't go :supersad:

The worst part is that they were sooo close...I can see the stadium from my house. I'm glad that the performance got put on DVD though :happy: and I can go to Wembley this year :D :D

I'm jealous! Could you hear the performances from where you live? I wonder whether Muse drove past your house to get to wembley :p

I thought I had it bad, but you guys just made me feel better. I would cry if I were some of you!

Cheers

In 2001, Muse played at De Montfort Hall in Leicester. I might have only been 5 then, but it horrifies me that they were about 25 minutes away from me.

The worst thing is, Ive been on that stage in choirs and orchestras so many times. Infact, we have our school awards ceremony there. I've touched that stage, blessed my Muse's presence, and I didn't even realise until a year ago :eek:

I would cry if I were you. Serious

Archived