Haha yeah I was around there. Were you near those guys who were going nuts during Biffy Clyro with their scottish flag?

Naaah not rocking the scottish heritage, more just rocking out without distraction.

Does anyone remember the riffs from SS - there's one particualr one I would liek to learn...

Why? I watch almost every gig on Youtube, I read the setlists right after the gig, look at the photos, read the reviews. Is that wrong? Does that make me a bad person? Sorry but I just love Muse.

All the true fans will appreciate how tame, lame, and dull this whole tour has been. First Muse tour where they have been complacent and settled for mediocrity. Don't get me wrong, Muse is absolutely fantastic and my favourite live act by far, but they can be so much better. And I don't believe you should settle for 2nd best, especially when their best is so much better than the level they are playing at, at the moment.

I mean if you've read these forums for the last few months, you'd get an idea of the rage regarding the same 15-17 songs played every night.

Oh shit..you don't realize it's for your own good not to follow every gig on the web! Of course you're disappointed when you follow their every gig of the tour :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But EVERY band in the world play similar setlist on one tour. That's what a tour is about, offering what you've got at the moment to as many people and places as possible, possibly in the same quality so all of your fans in each city get the same thing so its fair! They don't do gigs for freaks like you. They don't need to change their setlist every time just for you. Plus since they got all the visual effects synched with the setlist. Just give them and yourself a break.

This thread's a bit of a buzzkill.

Whatever. Sorry most of you guys were disappointed.

So true. Even seeing them is a fucking amazing thing, so I'm not going to complain about setlists. Sure, hearing CE or Sunburn/Cave would have been awesome, but you get what you're given. Don't complain because you dont get exactly the setlist you want.

i can see why some people would be dissapointed, though i dont obsessively watch every gig on youtube i do realise this wasnt their best, but it was my first muse concert that i could actually afford so i was pretty stoked to be there and just to physically see them live

Apart from the venue being a poor choice I thought it was great. My parents came and finally saw there is a reason for my Muse love. They reckoned it was by far the best concert they'd been to out of the billion or so they've gone to in the past couple of weeks.

Was stoked about Bliss. Knights sounded a little different, was it more bassy or something? (sorry, I've no technical music knowledge)

Any more vids of matt smashing Santa yet?

Jesus, next time i swear i'm going to go to every date.

I don't get what all this bullshit is with the setlists.

Yeah, ok, i went to Bris #2 so i can't say much, but i think that if i had gone to Bris #1, i would still be just as happy. The songs are just songs. If we would stop pessimising and acting spoilt and simply just let loose and have a good time REGARDLESS of what was being played, we'd come away alot happier.

FFS, with all the other bands i listen to, people on the forums are simply happy to be GOING to the gig. But maybe that's because i listen to metal and metalheads are generally more interested in HAVING A GOOD TIME and moshing.

I agree that Muse need some more variety in their setlists. But i would never let that get in the way of enjoying my most favourite band. Nor would i let it ruin other people's experience by bitching about it endlessly.

/end rant.

Bring on the flaming. :D

on the off chance that someone knows the answer to this; after biffy clyro and before muse, what was the song that played before 'use somebody'? everyone seemed to know the lyrics :/

Could you say a line or two from the song?

The only songs I can remember off the top of my head that they played (in no order):

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads will roll

The Bugles - Video Killed the Radio Star

Kings of Leon - Use Somebody

Something that sounded like Daft Punk....

Adam Freeland - We want your soul

on the off chance that someone knows the answer to this; after biffy clyro and before muse, what was the song that played before 'use somebody'? everyone seemed to know the lyrics :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3voawEb6Xgw

Was it one of these two? Not sure which one was played before Use Somebody, but where I was standing they were the only ones which everyone was singing along to.

Yeah as I handed my ticket over, my hand was there expecting a stub back and then there was nothing. I was like what....

All the other gigs I've been to at least give you the ticket on the way out...

Did anyone else have heaps of rude people pushing it 5-15mins before Muse came on? It's just like 'Oh hey, can I come through? Got a few friends in front." Then they barge through (with 50 of their friends) and just park themselves in front of you...wankers.

I was disappointed that they took the ticket stubs too :(

Ahahaha, people try and push in front. I move closer to the person in front of me so there's no room to move, or nudge them ;) If they wanted to get closer to the stage, they should have got there earlier like everyone else! The rudeness of people never ceases to amazing me :stunned:

I was disappointed that they took the ticket stubs too :(

Ahahaha, people try and push in front. I move closer to the person in front of me so there's no room to move, or nudge them ;) If they wanted to get closer to the stage, they should have got there earlier like everyone else! The rudeness of people never ceases to amazing me :stunned:

try and contact Ticketek hopefully they can send out ticket stubs :)

try and contact Ticketek hopefully they can send out ticket stubs :)

I still have my PDF Copies so DM me if you want a copy too :)

Gig rocked last night - except the sound was inconsistent, but I think that was because of the wind. The technical issues with the screens made me laugh at the panicing roadies runing back and forwards with extension leads!!! lol

Loved that they played Bliss - I missed that at Wembley :D

And what thread are we posting photo/video to?? Is it this one??

To everyone out there that claims that they're 'true Muse fans', but yet are criticizing the show because you didn't get the setlist that you wanted and therefore are deeming it a boring, dull and bad performance then how can you possibly believe you are a true Muse fan?

Obviously, they'd have a similiar setlist with most of their shows. So why, if you knew what was to be expected, were you expecting more?

Can't you just appreciate and understand what took place here in Perth last night? Muse didn't have to come to Perth, but they did because apparently there were actually 'true Muse fans' in Perth who actually enjoyed their music. All of their music.

Who's there to deem rarities as rarities? Aren't all Muse songs rarities? Because technically, what you saw last night, was rare in itself because they didn't have to come to Perth and play, but they did.

Matthew even smashed his Glitterati. Isn't that the biggest rarity of them all?

And really, what's with all the hating on Guiding Light? True Muse fans appreciate every Muse song for what it is. Perfection. And to just hear a handful of them live from what's considered to be the world's best live band should be a honour. You should feel privileged.

Seriously, Chris just had his fifth kid. He could've gone home and cancelled the whole thing but no, he didn't. For you. For everyone. You should be grateful.

So shush up, go sit in the naughty corner and have a think about what you're accusing them of doing. They're not criminals. They haven't done anything wrong. But in your oppinion, they haven't done anything right. They're people. Just like you and me. No more important, no less important. But I know for goddamn sure that they have the best musical talent in the history of the universe and if you dare to argue with that, how can you possibly call yourself a true Muse fan?

I, for one, thought that was most probably the best night of my life, past and future. I've only ever dreamed of seeing them live, performing what they did last night. And to return to see all of this criticism makes me want to get up, walk to your house and brand 'Twilight Lover' onto your arse.

Sit the fuck down.

Cheers.

To everyone out there that claims that they're 'true Muse fans', but yet are criticizing the show because you didn't get the setlist that you wanted and therefore are deeming it a boring, dull and bad performance then how can you possibly believe you are a true Muse fan?

Obviously, they'd have a similiar setlist with most of their shows. So why, if you knew what was to be expected, were you expecting more?

Can't you just appreciate and understand what took place here in Perth last night? Muse didn't have to come to Perth, but they did because apparently there were actually 'true Muse fans' in Perth who actually enjoyed their music. All of their music.

Who's there to deem rarities as rarities? Aren't all Muse songs rarities? Because technically, what you saw last night, was rare in itself because they didn't have to come to Perth and play, but they did.

And really, what's with all the hating on Guiding Light? True Muse fans appreciate every Muse song for what it is. Perfection. And to just hear a handful of them live from what's considered to be the world's best live band should be a honour. You should feel privileged.

Seriously, Chris just had his fifth kid. He could've gone home and cancelled the whole thing but no, he didn't. For you. For everyone. You should be grateful.

So shush up, go sit in the naughty corner and have a think about what you're accusing them of doing. They're not criminals. They haven't done anything wrong. But in your oppinion, they haven't done anything right. They're people. Just like you and me. No more important, no less important. But I know for goddamn sure that they have the best musical talent in the history of the universe and if you dare to argue with that, how can you possibly call yourself a true Muse fan?

I, for one, thought that was most probably the best night of my life, past and future. I've only ever dreamed of seeing them live, performing what they did last night. And to return to see all of this criticism makes me want to get up, walk to your house and brand 'Twilight Lover' onto your arse. Sit the fuck down.

Cheers.

Very well said!

I love the last bit :LOL:

I, for one, thought that was most probably the best night of my life, past and future. I've only ever dreamed of seeing them live, performing what they did last night. And to return to see all of this criticism makes me want to get up, walk to your house and brand 'Twilight Lover' onto your arse.

Sit the fuck down.

Cheers.

It's called having an opinion. Personally there isn't many muse songs I don't like, in fact Guiding Light is probably the only one I don't. I do however, know which songs I would like to hear live and I didn't get that.

I can only speak for myself, but as I said in my original post, I enjoyed the gig last night, but felt that it could have been better, mainly because I had seen them better.

It doesn't make you any less of a fan to come away feeling like they could have played a few older songs, but I've pretty much accepted that its hard for them to play older songs now, especially when they play a song like Bliss and it didn't get a great reception. That's one of the unfortunate side effects of a band getting really big, but seeing as their my favourite band, I want them to get big as I like seeing how creative they can get with stage designs and lighting and other things to that effect.

No doubt I'll be watching them again on the next tour as I love seeing them live, but I'll still be hoping for a few songs of Showbiz, especially seeing as they played Sunburn on this tour. Does that mean I'm still getting 'twilight lover' branded on my arse? I imagine it would probably hurt.

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good time last night, On the way out it was clear to see that everyone had enjoyed the gig, which is always nice to see.

Archived