This is my official list of crap muse songs that need to be boycotted;

TIRO, Hysteria, Feeling Good, Resistance, Guiding light, UD, Starlight, Inivincible,SBH, USOE.

But i still pray muse will bring out a better album next time.

Pretty sure invincible hasn't been played for yonks.... TIRO, Hysteria and Starlight are still really good to sing along too, even if they're not fan favorites these days, and everybody jumping in the chorus to TIRO has been one of my favorite parts of the shows I've been too IMO. They need to have their popular songs, extending the set list is the only way to keep everyone happy, and it isn't that hard (not that I'm complaining, Melbourne was amazing).

Pretty sure invincible hasn't been played for yonks.... TIRO, Hysteria and Starlight are still really good to sing along too, even if they're not fan favorites these days, and everybody jumping in the chorus to TIRO has been one of my favorite parts of the shows I've been too IMO. They need to have their popular songs, extending the set list is the only way to keep everyone happy, and it isn't that hard (not that I'm complaining, Melbourne was amazing).

Supermassive Black Hole is great live, I actually enjoyed it more than Citizen Erased in Brisbane... :eek:

Time is Running Out is a lot of fun too singing the pre-choruses and jumping in the chorus.

TIRO, Hysteria, Feeling Good, Resistance, Guiding light, UD, Starlight, Inivincible,SBH, USOE.

But i still pray muse will bring out a better album next time.

TBH the only songs of those I would like permanently ditched is Guiding Light and UD, besides Invincible having already been abandoned and all… and really only because GL is shit and UD doesn't work live.

Just because YOU don't like them doesn't mean no one does. ;) TIRO, SMBH, Starlight, and FG especially tend to have great singalongs and it's rather fun. I mean, I have no problem with these songs being played less, but not boycotted.

I also actually enjoyed TIRO and SMBH more than CE at my gig, even if only because the crowd were more fun. People kept talking through the quiet parts during CE and annoyed the crap out of me. The same people even knew the words; you'd think they would shut up and listen to a great song. :rolleyes:

Also, Muse are not prog… especially not nowadays.

TBH the only songs of those I would like permanently ditched is Guiding Light and UD, besides Invincible having already been abandoned and all… and really only because GL is shit and UD doesn't work live.

Just because YOU don't like them doesn't mean no one does. ;) TIRO, SMBH, Starlight, and FG especially tend to have great singalongs and it's rather fun. I mean, I have no problem with these songs being played less, but not boycotted.

I also actually enjoyed TIRO and SMBH more than CE at my gig, even if only because the crowd were more fun. People kept talking through the quiet parts during CE and annoyed the crap out of me. The same people even knew the words; you'd think they would shut up and listen to a great song. :rolleyes:

Also, Muse are not prog… especially not nowadays.

ok i guess maybe not boycotted but just left out of the setlist for a long time , you know when you play a song to much you get over it quick.

Last nights gig pretty much made me question why i even attend gigs , do i go to just to hear the music louder? . ive never really asked my self why. now i have ive lost interest in seeing music live , pretty much because no other band will be as loud as muse.

Personally I go to gigs often because I have fun meeting new people with similar interests :)

Its also fun to feel the crowd energy. When a group of people sing the words back at a band or just generally lose their shit, it's an amazing feeling :D

Energy is so much better at smaller shows though.

I really enjoyed the gig! I'd seen the guys four times prior to Sunday night so I had pretty high expectations.

The setlist was pretty disappointing I have to admit (GL was absolute shite) but I was pleased that FG was included - I seem to have miraculously never seen it live before! I was expecting more though given other Aussie setlists and the fact that they played CE, B&H, Sunburn AND Fury on their last tour here!

I thought the crowd was alright (where I was anyway - about 5 rows back in the centre) I was, however, behind 2 girls in high heels that were clearly there thanks to twilight... Their reaction when people started jumping around during NB was priceless!

All in all I thought the production and their performance made up for a crappy setlist, but I do agree that it could have been waaaay better!

I thought the crowd was alright (where I was anyway - about 5 rows back in the centre) I was, however, behind 2 girls in high heels that were clearly there thanks to twilight... Their reaction when people started jumping around during NB was priceless!

They wore high heels to a Muse concert?!

MY. GOD.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh my god, guys!

Settle the disagreements, we may have a much bigger problem on our hands... :eek:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/muse/news/250742-muse-banned-from-australia

I hope it's not true :(

It's not true, the banning part. That was really blown out of proportion.

See this letter (and primarily the reply) between a gig attendee and Rod Laver venue:

http://x-kissandcontrol-x.blogspot.com/2010/12/issues-surrounding-muse-concert.html

It's not true, the banning part. That was really blown out of proportion.

See this letter (and primarily the reply) between a gig attendee and Rod Laver venue:

http://x-kissandcontrol-x.blogspot.com/2010/12/issues-surrounding-muse-concert.html

Phew (wipes sweat off forehead).

I was seriously freaking out for a moment, just then.

Thank you :)

Well hate to break it to you but the majority of these songs are here to stay in Muse setlists for many years to come.

I don't really get exactly what expectations some people have going to Muse gigs, especially after they've spent months looking up setlists and would have a pretty good idea of what songs would be played at the show (i.e. most of the above).

Well hate to break it to you but the majority of these songs are here to stay in Muse setlists for many years to come.

I don't really get exactly what expectations some people have going to Muse gigs, especially after they've spent months looking up setlists and would have a pretty good idea of what songs would be played at the show (i.e. most of the above).

yeah like i said few pages ba ck, it was my mistake by going, somehow i tricked my self into thinking it was going to be good. But at least now i know ill never have to see them again , the music is too boring, but i was just making myself like the songs somehow then i snapped out of it and realised that i actually dont like many muse songs at all.

But this is what really made my night shit.

What was with the security doing that shit? One little arsehole in uniform was pushing his way through the 'pit' area right before Muse came on telling everyone to put away their cameras. Had he said it to me I'd have told him where to go.

yer its ironic muse is about fighting oppression yet were at a muse concert and not aloud to film on our crappy quality cameras for youtube enjoyment. fuckheads.

yer its ironic muse is about fighting oppression yet were at a muse concert and not aloud to film on our crappy quality cameras for youtube enjoyment. fuckheads.

And that is Muse's fault how?

If you don't like them, fine, but don't go blaming every negative aspect of the show on them. Take your petulance elsewhere

It's not Muse's fault. Security are assholes, and it varies with the venue. For example I had absolutely no trouble at MSG with anything but at Prudential, I took in exactly the same things (a ukulele and a camera) and got shit for it. :indiff:

It seems that the no-filming thing was somehow in relation to Muse, as at both Acer and Rod Laver we were told not to film. But bootlegs are still allowed so...I'm not entirely sure what's up with that.

It's not directly muse, it's either the label, the promoters or it's venue policy.

I can't see muse giving a crap about their performances being filmed so... :D

EDIT: is the guitar smash vid up yet?

Archived